Round 1 - Game 3 : Ducks @ Jets

Jets are good. Ducks are better. Buff won't be suspended but he probably shouldn't play D next game. Not good back there. Ducks are like a 36 and 1 when trailing after 2. It's not mental on the jets part cuz they owned the ducks in the 3rd. It's as simple as the ducks are very good

Buff has not played well at all but that's not even close to a suspension. Jesus man. NEM is right about you. Blame this guy. Blame that guy. He should be suspended this that. Why not just come to the conclusion the ducks are good. The jets are too. All 3 of these games could have gone either way. Ducks are just better right now. Buff suspended. Should make a bet. If he isn't you don't post here for a month. If he is I won't.

Buff has not played well at all but that's not even close to a suspension. Jesus man. NEM is right about you.

Well a suspension has nothing to do with his level of play. You don't get suspended for playing poorly. He punched a guy in the back of the head after a goal. Four games after returning from a suspension. The only he doesn't get suspended is because it's the playoffs.

Jesus, take the homer hat off.

If you don't want to read my posts don't read them. I don't want buff suspended. I'm cheering for the jets

And I wouldn't bet on the actions of the NHL that over turned two instigator misconducts this week and suspended buff for two more games than they should hve just two weeks ago. I think they use the TSN playoff monkey to decide discipline.

glad to see ladd have a better game, but still not playing as he should. buff... ugh. I think there needs to be some line changes like 2 games ago. guys like lowry, stempniak need to be given more ice time. say what you want about the ducks containing our top 2 lines, but these guys are actually playing playoff hockey.

glad to see ladd have a better game, but still not playing as he should. buff... ugh. I think there needs to be some line changes like 2 games ago. guys like lowry, stempniak need to be given more ice time. say what you want about the ducks containing our top 2 lines, but these guys are actually playing playoff hockey.

Good points. Scheif has really been ground down and it's hurting that whole line though the Ducks have done a fine job of playing them. Little played like a man possessed tonihjt and Ladd hit everything that moved.

Frolik is gonzo... Stempniak showed more at a fraction of the price....

Can't disagree with this. The thing about this series is, it's showing management what they have. Frolik. Buff. Not bringing it on the playoffs.

Buff is the ultimate tease... very much like Kane.    I wonder if Chevy could unload him and get a solid deal like the one with the Sabres he made....

I d been complaining about kane for a long time prior to shipping him to buffalo, saying at some point potential needs to produce, and was often countered with, teams would be and are interested, but not many would give full value or even trade. Chevy supposedly sat on him till right offer came along. I dunno how much I believe that over thinking we just lucked out on a team out of contention looking to make cap room. I could see same situation with big buffalo, but wouldnt expect to move him until playoff pictures became more clear ie: after deadline. I think we could however entice edmonton to make a trade for eberle, I think itd be win win for both especially with edmonton winning draft, buff gives them some defense who can protect their young team full of #1s

Jets and ducks are pretty even in the series when you look at numbers and fancy stats like possession time and things like that. Jets have lead for 65 minutes plus. Ducks have lead for 12 minutes. Jets ARE a good team but can't hold a lead. Truly easily could be 3-0 jets this series. 3 games where they had the lead going in to the third and lost. That's tough and probably shows the lack of play off experience on the jets.

The Jets are a decent team, no doubt, but the Ducks have the overall edge...right now.

They've beaten us because they employed a very intense forechecking system that the Jets were only now learning to figure out.

The Ducks are quite used to using this attack and their record in third period comebacks shows they are very good at it.

Break that forechecking down...and the Ducks can be defeated.

Sounds easy, right?

Cheering for the jets? You sure. You are convinced they are done. They might be but your posts aren't exactly screaming go jets go.

Im not really here to see blind faith posts.  I can appreciate that sentiment.  But I like the higher level analysis that is usually found around here.  I love the Jets.  I want them to win four straight as much as anyone.  Im even superstitious (I have a two sided Jets poker marker that I flip everytime they lose a few in a row).  But realistically, this isnt about winning a series anymore.  It's about winning one game.  And if they do, it's about winning one game in Anaheim.  And if they do, it's about winning the last home game.  And if they do...then anything can happen.

I d been complaining about kane for a long time prior to shipping him to buffalo, saying at some point potential needs to produce, and was often countered with, teams would be and are interested, but not many would give full value or even trade. Chevy supposedly sat on him till right offer came along. I dunno how much I believe that over thinking we just lucked out on a team out of contention looking to make cap room. I could see same situation with big buffalo, but wouldnt expect to move him until playoff pictures became more clear ie: after deadline. I think we could however entice edmonton to make a trade for eberle, I think itd be win win for both especially with edmonton winning draft, buff gives them some defense who can protect their young team full of #1s

I was thinking this too.  Im not sure, though, that Buff is the kind of D man the Oilers want.  He'd help them now, he'd help them offensively, he'd throw his body around but by the time the Oilers are serious contenders, he'd be on the downside.  And I'd question whether he'd even sign there next summer.  Enstrom would be more their liking if its a vet but they'd want Myers or Morrissey.  (Trouba is untouchable).

Lol Stempniak better than Frolik. This is just getting silly in here. Core of this team has been here for 4 years now but yes, after 3 playoff games, only now does management know what they've got. Gimme a break. Such wild overreactions.

Not really.  Selective Perception is a thing.  It impacts people.  Stemp has played better than Frolik.  To be fair, Frolik is being asked to do more than his talent would generally allow.  He's a very good 3rd line player on a good team.  We're using him on the top line and doing so for chemistry reasons. 

You think when Chevy talks to Frolik's agent, his play in the post season wont be a factor?  Ofcourse it will. 

You dont think management put up with Buff's up & down game because they felt his high end play and his ability to take over games was worth it?  You dont think they (especially Chevy who was there) dont remember his playoff performance for Chicago?  And you dont think his play so far in the playoffs is making Chevy wonder?  If they trade Buff at the draft, Im completely okay with that now.  He's not the player he was.  His high level is something special but he's far too inconsistent.  Given everything else and his play now, what would be the point in signing him to a big money, long term deal?

No one thing dictates the big picture.  But everything matters.  It's the totality of things.