Round 1 - Game 3 : Ducks @ Jets

Myers and Morrissey are as untouchable as trouba cuz they are all young and will be part of the new core. Buff or Toby could be moved tho I'm sure. Doubt to the oilers but maybe. They would bring vet experience

Oh I dont disagree.  I meant the Oilers wouldnt even ask.  The Jets wouldnt bite at all.  They love Enstrom and I think he's a fantastic player.  But I think our Left Side D has been exposed this series.  I was wrong about Stu.  I thought he'd prove everyone wrong but he's struggled.  He plays his heart out but the top end talent isnt there.  Pardy has been good though, maybe to a surprising level.  Its a shame Chairot lost his spot because he wasnt playing badly.  He's a rookie though.  I do wonder if Chevy will be looking for more size on the left side.  The easy answer is moving Buff there but if it was easy, they would have done it by now.

Buff is a good player but he seems to be a defensive liability out there. And hasn't been the same since the all star break and even his suspension. Chiarot isn't as good as people like to think he is. There's a reason he's not playing and it's not because he's a rookie

stempniak has done nothing but put up points since he got here. if I had to choose between 1 or the other going into next season, its hard to argue against stempniak based on how consistent hes been last 25 games ish. that's a pretty long stretch

The money ask is so different that you could have both.  I think re-signing Stemp is an easy Yes.  For me, I dont think Frolik has shown to be as desperately needed as we thought he was as the season wore on.  I think he's probably right around where the Jets graded him a year ago.  Maybe he gets a few more bucks because, to be fair, he has been asked to play top line minutes.  But the jets should not over-pay just to avoid losing a really good 3rd liner.

The issue I see is, if they lose both Frolik and Stafford, it does leave holes.  Yes we have Ehlers coming in but he's a rookie.  If we can only keep one, I'd keep Stafford to be honest.  And look to the AHL or free agency for middle six help.  Stafford naturally plays RW even though he's playing LW right now.  He can play either.  But if next season your top LW are Ladd, Perrault, Ehlers and your top RW are Wheeler, Stafford, ??? (Stemp?), it's not awful.

Buff is a good player but he seems to be a defensive liability out there. And hasn't been the same since the all star break and even his suspension. Chiarot isn't as good as people like to think he is. There's a reason he's not playing and it's not because he's a rookie

It is because he's a rookie, absolutely.  If he isnt as good as people think (what people, Maurice who had him playing top D minutes for ages?) its because there is a learning curve for rookies. If they dont significantly upgrade the Left D, he's as good as starting next season, the only caveat that one of Chairot, Stu, Morrissey wont be.

You're right about Buff.  And that's the problem.  He wants to be play D but doesnt play it well enough to be an elite D man on a consistent basis.  It's time to move on from him.  We waited for Kane to grow up and reach his potential and had to move on.  Time to move on.

Stemp in an ideal scenario is a 4th liner.

You see when copp played they had stemp play with him. Perhaps that's 2/3rd of our 4th line next year.

Chiarot is just another average d man who ppl get hyped about cuz he played well with buff for a few games. Clitsome got the same hype too. And no its not cuz he's a rookie that he isn't playing. It's cuz the guys playing are better. Simple as that really.

You keep referring to Chiarot as a rookie but he's not, he's actually been in the AHL for several years and he actually had a cup of coffee with the big club last year. Is he good? I guess he's ok, He's not a top 4 d man tho and if he is, your team is in trouble. He might be a good 6th d man but more than likely on a good team he's the extra d man, that's not hating on Chiarot, it's just the reality. There are 100's of chiarots out there, didn't people talk about postma like this before too? Redmond? Clitsome? Theres hundreds of chiarots out there, it's not a shot at him tho cuz he has played well since being called up, it's just that he's not really as great as you like to think he is, You think he's scratched cuz he's a rookie? That's crazy, he's scratched cuz the other guys playing are better, you don't scratch him just cuz he's a rookie, you scratch him because that first game, he didn't play well at all. 

Regardless tho, it's irrelevant cuz he's at best a number 6 d man. He's not the reason we are losing or winning. 

Anyways, Enough about bottom pairing d man who make little difference in the series.

I'm gonna talk about the guys who should be making a difference but aren't.. Little? strong game last night but not so good the previous games, however, this is his first playoffs, so you can sort of give him some slack, Wheeler? Has played well but... kind of invisible, shows strong leadership tho, Ladd? not so good the first 2 but was very good last night, lead the team in hits and was a forechecking machine last night..

Buff? Hasn't been good at all actually, defensive liability out there

The way i look at buff and moving forward, do i give this guy who when we need him to step up the most, he doesn't, do i give him a 5 6  7 year deal for big big money? Or do i try to move him for some younger assets, Yandle got a 1st and a solid prospect, buff should get the same, yeah yandle had a year remaining but really, for 1 year and 10 or so regular season games the yotes got a 1st and an A++ prospect in duclair. Buff should be able to get you something similar, So yup.. I actually agree that buff should be moved, hopefully at the draft. 

Frolik? again invisible really.

2 guys let's say... buff and frolik who you expect to step up, haven't. That's a problem considering guys like Lowry,Trouba, Scheif even (tough assigments for his line but regardless), those 3 have shown more than buff and frolik combined. 

You keep referring to Chiarot as a rookie but he's not, he's actually been in the AHL for several years and he actually had a cup of coffee with the big club last year.....

Here is how the NHL defines a rookie:

To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 NHL games in any preceding seasons, nor in six or more NHLgames in each of any two preceding seasons. Any player at least 26 years of age (by September 15th of that season) is not considered a rookie.

A huge difference playing in the AHL compared to the NHL.   He is a rookie, and future looks bright for him to become a steady stay at home defensemen.    He is 23, pretty young for a defensemen, and has shown well for his first season in the big league.  They brought Pardy in over Chiarot mostly because of the PK I think.

The Ducks are a team on a mission losing that series when leading the Kings did not sit well with them. You can tell the Ducks truly believe they have a chance to win it all and the Jets are in just happy to be here mode. But this will help the Jets immensely for next year. Going to know what it takes to win in the playoffs.

I don't get the love for Enstrom. I really don't. Last night on the 4th goal he was just lost in space, as Kesler sat in the slot waiting for the puck. I'd have nailed that guy's ass to the bench for the last five minutes. He looks like a boy among men out there. Perry, Getzlaf and Maroon just brush him off like a fly when he's trying to get the puck off their sticks. He'd be the first guy gone if I was Chevy. Morrissey can take his place. Trade Enstrom to Chicago for Brian Bickell and a draft pick. Or to whoever will take him. Buff can go too. He's just too slow to play D.

I'd strongly consider moving toby too but he's our best and really only legit left handed d man.

I'd move Buff first and see if we could get a left handed d man in return.. if so, then i'd look at moving toby. 

But... That left side looks way weaker without toby and nobody to replace him. 

The Ducks are a team on a mission losing that series when leading the Kings did not sit well with them. You can tell the Ducks truly believe they have a chance to win it all and the Jets are in just happy to be here mode. But this will help the Jets immensely for next year. Going to know what it takes to win in the playoffs.

Jets win four straight, take the series in seven. And then I woke up.

Hard to swallow, but you're probably right. 

Ridiculous to think there'd be a suspension. He barely touched the guy. I was saying last night though, that if you're going to take a stupid penalty anyhow, you may as well have made it count. Run him face first into the glass. Do SOMETHING that might take Perry off his game. All Buff did was give him a little more motivation...

Pardy is plaing because of the PK...and it isn't doing that well. I wouldn't re-sign this guy unless he was ok with playing on the farm and come up in an emergency only.

I would play Chiarot. Put Buff on the PK and he can clear the front of the net. Replace him on PP with Perrault.

Chiarot will be re-signed. He is a really good stay at home D man and is a perfect 3rd pairing. 2nd would be his ceiling.

Morrissey will probably start the year off on the farm but I expect him to be playing for the Jets around Christmas or all star break.

What will happen with Ehlers? Back to Halifax? 3rd line here? How is his D game?

Petan to the farm? I think I heard they are bringing him to town to show him the team and all. Good move. I can't see him as a starting center on the Jets next year. Copp probably has a better chance.

edit................it is Ehlers coming to town.

Pardy is plaing because of the PK...and it isn't doing that well. I wouldn't re-sign this guy unless he was ok with playing on the farm and come up in an emergency only.

I would play Chiarot. Put Buff on the PK and he can clear the front of the net. Replace him on PP with Perrault.

Chiarot will be re-signed. He is a really good stay at home D man and is a perfect 3rd pairing. 2nd would be his ceiling.

Morrissey will probably start the year off on the farm but I expect him to be playing for the Jets around Christmas or all star break.

What will happen with Ehlers? Back to Halifax? 3rd line here? How is his D game?

Petan to the farm? I think I heard they are bringing him to town to show him the team and all. Good move. I can't see him as a starting center on the Jets next year. Copp probably has a better chance.

Petan is coming to town, my town. He's here getting ready to lose to the Rockets tomorrow.

Petan is coming to town, my town. He's here getting ready to lose to the Rockets tomorrow.

Don't forget De Leo!