Jordan Yantz

Floyd

under the present roster rules there's no special advantage to rostering a Canadian QB, so there's no point in drafting him unless you think he's got a shot at winning a job in training camp. Like for us, I'd only want to see us draft Yantz if we thought he could legitimately unseat Portis, Marve, or Brohm.

(I have no idea how good Yantz is ... maybe he could.)

I'd consider him in if he goes undrafted, but I wouldn't spend a draft pick on him.

This...

...But also curious how he showed at the combine, where he was showcasing as a receiver, apparently...

Here's how his numbers ranked against the 8 WR's:

Bench:  2nd

40 yard: 9th

Vertical: 7th

Broad Jump: 8th

3 Cone: 3rd

Shuttle: 5th

I'd consider him in if he goes undrafted, but I wouldn't spend a draft pick on him.

This...

...But also curious how he showed at the combine, where he was showcasing as a receiver, apparently...

Bench:  2nd

So 9th out of 8?  I guess he must have hit the snooze.

under the present roster rules there's no special advantage to rostering a Canadian QB, so there's no point in drafting him unless you think he's got a shot at winning a job in training camp. Like for us, I'd only want to see us draft Yantz if we thought he could legitimately unseat Portis, Marve, or Brohm.

(I have no idea how good Yantz is ... maybe he could.)

This...

Bench: 2nd

watching some of the games last season, he looked like a guy who hates to lose, and will do whatever he can to win.

which means a lot.

some of the Bombers over the last while are lacking in the completive  department it looked like to me.

or something like that.

This guy had been to 3 pro main camps and worked his way into the number 3 qb spot twice in B.C. To the extent that the lions offered Yantz a entry level contract just as they did with Andrew Harris. This guy has the ability to throw a 20 yard out on target from the opposite hash. The only knock the scouts can find is that he is canadian. If he was an American qb the conversations would be quite different. Yantz has played 3 down football his entire life as a qb. Broke records that have stood for 40 years and would have one of the strongest arms in the cfl why not draft him half the late round picks are passed on anyway.

There's no reason to draft a QB unless you think he can transition to another position effectively.  I'd bring in Yantz and give him a shot if he goes undrafted.  I don't think he can play the game well enough from the pocket to be a pro QB, but that's how I feel about the majority of guys we see in training camp.  There's a transition there because of the athletic ability of the guys playing defense and not many guys make it.  He's a good enough athlete that he'll make it as a receiver if he doesn't as a QB.

I'm not a fan of Bridge at all.  Big arm, inaccurate, sucks in the pocket.  I think he'll make the NFL as a tight end/H-Back anyways.