2015 CFL Combine Updates

gbill2004

@JDunk12: #CFLCombine instant reaction: OL Danny Groulx, Sukh Chungh and Sean McEwen had strong 1-on-1 showings. #CFL

@JDunk12: #CFLCombine instant reaction: #Western DL Daryl Waud used his hands well in 1-on-1s - impressive performance. #CFL

@JDunk12: #Montreal @Carabins LB Byron Archambault's 41 reps on the bench is a #CFLCombine record for a LB (Joash Gesse 33 reps in 2010). #CFL

@CFL: BREAKING: Shaquille Murray-Lawrence of UNLV has broken the #CFLCombine All-Time 40-Yard Dash Record with a time of 4.412 #CFL

I know 4.412 is pretty quick but it seems slow for a record. Didn't a big man, Clowney (DL/LB) run a 4.53 last year at the NFL combine? 

It's the record since the CFL went to electronic timing (2011), so really it's the fastest in the last 4 years.

My recollection is that only 2 players have run sub 4.4 40's in the history of the CFL combine, so Campbell put himself in elite company regardless of the timing system.

I've been intrigued by Archambault ever since watching him play vs the Bisons in the Vanier semis... I know he went from unranked to around 15.... I wonder if this weekend's performance will put him in the first round... didn't hear much about how he did in one-on-ones... or how much that even matters for LBs.... anyone know anything else about this kid?