2015 CFL Combine Updates

gbill2004

I'd really like to see Winnipeg go after Shaq M-L

If they're after a Thunder / Lightning combo in the backfield, he's got a good chance to develop into the lightning half of it. After hearing how impressive his pass-pro skills showed at the combine, I'm thinking he could be an option at 15 for us. Would be curious to see how he is rated now.

I'd take Demski at #2.

I'd love it if Archambault was still around at 11.

I just don't see us taking an OL at the top spot, we need guys who are ready to play this year, and we used free agency on 2 o-line with experience.

I'd be interested in Archambault too, but we were one of only two teams who didn't interview him at the combine. Wonder why.

Archambault would be pretty low on my list, with the depth of players on both sides of the ball I wouldn't even look at him with one of our first three picks. He's either going to get a little leaner to play LB or convert to DE.

It would be nice to get a contributor on each side of the ball out of this draft and a couple guys with upside. I think that is possible with the picks the Bombers have and the slightly underwhelming performances of some guys who have NFL interest.

A quick mock draft...

Ottawa Redblacks – Mateas

Winnipeg Blue Bombers – Demski

Toronto Argonauts – Waud

Montreal Alouettes – Archambault

BC Lions – Groulx

Saskatchewan Roughriders – Chungh

Edmonton Eskimos – Ruby

Hamilton Tiger-Cats – Ackie

Calgary Stampeders – Durant

Ottawa Redblacks - Campbell

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - McEwan

Toronto Argonauts - Richards

Montreal Alouettes – Lavoie

BC Lions - Konar

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (via Saskatchewan[5]) – Murray-Lawrence

Edmonton Eskimos – Tennant

Hamilton Tiger-Cats – Guy

Calgary Stampeders - Boyko

A quick mock draft...

Toronto Argonauts – Waud

BC Lions – Groulx

Edmonton Eskimos – Ruby

BC Lions - Konar

It sure looks like Walters wants Demski but I would be surprised if he actually took him at #2. I don't see Durant falling that far in the first round. He is a top 3 pick imo.

A quick mock draft...

Toronto Argonauts – Waud

BC Lions – Groulx

Edmonton Eskimos – Ruby

BC Lions - Konar

It sure looks like Walters wants Demski but I would be surprised if he actually took him at #2. I don't see Durant falling that far in the first round. He is a top 3 pick imo.

Mateas didn't even compete at the combine did he? Not sure he's going 1st overall to be honest, could see a guy like Chung going first, from what i've read, he seemed to have had a very strong showing. Really, i think the draft is a crap shoot, I still kind of get the feeling that teams in the first round will take non OL guys knowing that several will still be there in round 2, obviously some teams will take OL, BC i think is a team that will take an OLINE, probably SASK too but outside of that, i could see the first round being a bunch of WR'S, LB's and DB's and then OL going in round 2. 

I've also seen some suggest that they think Walters will trade pick 2, or is wanting too, Reading the new blog by cameron the bomber site, i don't think that's very likely but why would you trade down? I mean, if there is a guy there at 2, Let's just say It's Demski, why not just take him? Why do you have to trade down to take him? If he is the guy you want, why not just take him at 2, Does it really matter where the guy is picked? I don't get this trading down stuff in the CFL draft, I get trading up, i don't get trading down, If there is a guy you want at 2, it's likely he's going to be there so why wouldn't you just take him and avoid the risk of someone else taking him.

If he is the guy they want that is? 

Just FYI Floyd, Dillon Guy isn't in this draft class anymore.

Ah, I just threw a name in by that point anyway... why isn't he?

Was given a medical redshirt last season to gain another year of NCAA eligibility because he was hurt all year.

Archambault would be pretty low on my list, with the depth of players on both sides of the ball I wouldn't even look at him with one of our first three picks. He's either going to get a little leaner to play LB or convert to DE.

It would be nice to get a contributor on each side of the ball out of this draft and a couple guys with upside. I think that is possible with the picks the Bombers have and the slightly underwhelming performances of some guys who have NFL interest.

According to Dunk, we didn't interview with any of the LBs at the combine, so it doesn't seem to be a position we're targeting.