Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Nakamura is a bigger Deal than styles IMO 

I dont know...probably not in North America.  He's the current New Japan IC Champion which is sort of a big deal.  Word is he will drop the title before leaving (unlike Alberto Del Rio).

Thing about Styles is, he's doing the best work of his career right now...he'll be 39 this year.  WWE made him a low offer a year ago.  Suddenly they have interest because of their need in NXT and Styles work in New Japan.  I think Samoa Joe helped pave the way a bit too because Aj Styles isnt the same unless he's AJ Styles and that was a huge WWE no-no.  But they brought in Joe as Joe.  AJ has to be AJ.

Given the fact they signed Gallows and Anderson, I have a sneaking suspicion they might be doing the Bullet Club group in NXT.  They've been pushing "Balor Club" and they were annoyed at the Bullet Club co-opting the nWo mannerisms.  So it wouldnt surprise me to see Balor, Aj, Gallows and Anderson as the Balor Club and possibly "invade" RAW.

A lot of people think Nakamura will flop in WWE.  They have a hard time with Japanese workers.

Just saw online that New Japan did an angle where the Bullet Club turned on Styles this morning so that writes him out.  And Kenny Omega pinned Nakamura (must have been non-title) which might indicate their plans for Kenny.  The way I understand it, when Kenny lost the Junior title to KUSHIDA last year he was going to "move up" but they wanted to flip the belt back on to him for awhile.  Now he lost the title back to KUSHIDA he might move up to either take the IC title or AJ's spot as the Bullet Club heavyweight contender.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

So the Rumble is going to be for the WWE title.  Virtually assures Roman makes it to the final two or wins outright.  So lame.  I hate this.  Zero intrigue or mystery.  God what a huge mistake.

Early thought is Roman wins.  But I have to think the fans will reject that.  I guess it depends when he enters but if its early, which this stip sort of requires, seeing him battle for an hour does one of two things:  1) gets the fans behind him (ala Ric Flair/Shawn Michaels) 2) turns the fans against the superman performance.

If the plan is for WrestleMania to be the Roman coronation I could see them screwing Roman at the RR.  Lesnar, Cena, Hunter are all guys that were planned to work Roman at WM at various points and all have different pros/cons for screwing him out of the title at RR and him vanquishing them at WrestleMania.

One thing that intrigues me, I was convinced Roman would work Hunter at RR because they were going to go Roman/Brock or Roman/Cena at WM.  But now that Roman/Hunter isnt happening at RR, but HAS to happen are they saving it for WM?  And if so, it doesnt really work with Roman as champion.  Which means either Hunter screws Roman but someone else takes the title for a WM match (such as Brock/Cena) or Hunter wins the title.  Which would be hilarious actually.

49 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Something to keep in mind with nakamura and the Japan guys.... WWE Network just launched in Japan. 

There was talk of WWE making a deal with New Japan to air their shows on the Network with the idea of expanding Network buys over seas (although Japan world isnt a big seller) and because WWE would be privy to which guys were most watched and then could target their contract offers, which is pretty smart.

Most recent news/speculation is that Aj and Nakamura are being brought to WWE to work RAW, not NXT though both will likely work some NXT.  NXT has announced a lot of new live events and needs better depth.  I could see a scenario where AJ debuts at the Rumble, works RAW while doing NXT live events.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Just saw online that New Japan did an angle where the Bullet Club turned on Styles this morning so that writes him out.  And Kenny Omega pinned Nakamura (must have been non-title) which might indicate their plans for Kenny.  The way I understand it, when Kenny lost the Junior title to KUSHIDA last year he was going to "move up" but they wanted to flip the belt back on to him for awhile.  Now he lost the title back to KUSHIDA he might move up to either take the IC title or AJ's spot as the Bullet Club heavyweight contender.

Read something similar, good for Kenny!

The Bullet Club turned on AJ Styles and Kenny Omega took control of the group. This was said to be Styles’ last appearance for NJPW.

As for Nakamura, Omega later defeated the current IWGP Intercontinental Champion in a tag team match, setting up a title shot for Omega down the line. If Nakamura is indeed heading to WWE, he needs to drop the title at some point, and Omega looks to be the ideal candidate for a title run since he is getting a pretty big push at the moment.

14 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont know...probably not in North America.  He's the current New Japan IC Champion which is sort of a big deal.  Word is he will drop the title before leaving (unlike Alberto Del Rio).

Thing about Styles is, he's doing the best work of his career right now...he'll be 39 this year.  WWE made him a low offer a year ago.  Suddenly they have interest because of their need in NXT and Styles work in New Japan.  I think Samoa Joe helped pave the way a bit too because Aj Styles isnt the same unless he's AJ Styles and that was a huge WWE no-no.  But they brought in Joe as Joe.  AJ has to be AJ.

Given the fact they signed Gallows and Anderson, I have a sneaking suspicion they might be doing the Bullet Club group in NXT.  They've been pushing "Balor Club" and they were annoyed at the Bullet Club co-opting the nWo mannerisms.  So it wouldnt surprise me to see Balor, Aj, Gallows and Anderson as the Balor Club and possibly "invade" RAW.

A lot of people think Nakamura will flop in WWE.  They have a hard time with Japanese workers.

I think that WWE needs more help regarding talent than NXT.  When you have losers like Adam Rose, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas & Heath Slater getting pushed then we know the talent is razor thin.  

That's very true. But then when they get talent they don't use them. the thought being these signings are driven by Hunter not vince.   Which means Vince doesn't want them. 

That's a general theory. The early rumors are AJ and Nak are 100% intended for WWE. There are rumors of Hunter having more say in SD like with NXT. But I'm not convinced that's true. 

Impact debut on pop TV. .. nothing really happened but drew 255 000 viewers. Pop TV is available in 20 percent more homes than destination America was and the debut on that channel drew 369 000. TNA is done. Well Mike Bennett and Maria of wwe fame debuted as "the miracle " and basically word for word cut the same promo Jericho did when he debuted as y2j 

Edited by Goalie

TNA debut on POP TV does 250,000.  Not good.  Drew 500 people in the arena.  Not good.

TNA is such a joke.  It was a joke when it started and Russo gave it the **** N ASS acronym and its been a joke ever since.  I actually considered bringing a TNA house show to Winnipeg back around 2006.  I think that is when they really started believing their own hype and it was downhill from there.

Any thoughts on Aftermath? I think the host's name is Jacquie Redmond. Is she ever annoying. She does a lot of shouting. Other than Jimmy Corderas who was a WWE ref for 20 years & knows the business as well as guys like Vince & Paul Levesque, the 2 other guys on the panel are nerds that know nothing about wrestling. 

Edited by iso_55

10 hours ago, iso_55 said:

No Cena, huh? Can they get rid of Social Injustice while they're at it. 

Hilarious that they push those geeks in such a bad angle at the same time they supposedly sign two of the best in the world.  Hard to believe the same people made both decisions. 

Wouldnt surprise me to see cena at WrestleMania. He's a genetic freak. 

49 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hilarious that they push those geeks in such a bad angle at the same time they supposedly sign two of the best in the world.  Hard to believe the same people made both decisions. 

Wouldnt surprise me to see cena at WrestleMania. He's a genetic freak. 

Fans that hate Cena will come to appreciate him when he's gone. Fans were complaining about too much Seth Rollins. Then he got hurt & we were force fed Sheamus. We still have Sheamus & just how brutal is the WWE championship becoming?? We'd all like to see Rollins back if only just to get rid of Sheamus & send him back to the mid carders. How can Mr Perfect Curt Hennig have been such a great wrestler & so charismatic in front of the camera or  mic  while his son Kurtis Axel is. just. so. bad....