Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

TNA who cares? Entirely irrelevant.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

TNA who cares? Entirely irrelevant.

Not irrelevant when lawyers are involved. The belief is that AJ, Anderson and Gallows did meet with Dixie (TNA) and might have verbally agreed but did not sign the contract.  WWE heard they were talking to TNA and made them a better offer. 

As far as TNA's motivation to drop this on a Friday I think it's pretty clear that they are sour on losing out and hoping to "chill" WWE from making AJ debut this weekend. TNA probably think WWE might not have time to confer with lawyers before Sunday. 

Pretty low of TNA.  In their statement they talk about how much AJ meant to TNA for ten years. And this is his thanks. TNA is a joke. 

I hope WWE is angry and decides to give a receipt in some way. 

Oh and here's the best part. In an effort to discredit AJ and insinuate tampering on the part of WWE, TNA opened themselves up to tampering.  AJ (and I beiieve Gallows) were both free agents. But Anderson was under contract to New Japan at the time TNA admits negotiating and giving them an offer. 

In other words TNA admited to tampering with Anderson. LOLTNA 

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not irrelevant when lawyers are involved. The belief is that AJ, Anderson and Gallows did meet with Dixie (TNA) and might have verbally agreed but did not sign the contract.  WWE heard they were talking to TNA and made them a better offer. 

As far as TNA's motivation to drop this on a Friday I think it's pretty clear that they are sour on losing out and hoping to "chill" WWE from making AJ debut this weekend. TNA probably think WWE might not have time to confer with lawyers before Sunday. 

Pretty low of TNA.  In their statement they talk about how much AJ meant to TNA for ten years. And this is his thanks. TNA is a joke. 

I hope WWE is angry and decides to give a receipt in some way. 

This is why they're irrelevant. They are on their last legs I'd think. The WWE needs competition but they just can't do it.

Contracts and tampering are not irrelevant. I understand Id you're saying TNA is not relevant in the wrestling business but if AJ signed a deal as TNA claims then it is very relevant

I suspect if he signed anything it was a deal memo. And TNA dropped this on Friday so they could hold of WWE's lawyers all weekend and try to screw AJ out of a RR debut

sour grapes. 

PWInsider reported that AJ's lawyer is Bill Behrens. Which is hilarious. I've done business with that clown. 

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Contracts and tampering are not irrelevant. I understand Id you're saying TNA is not relevant in the wrestling business but if AJ signed a deal as TNA claims then it is very relevant

I suspect if he signed anything it was a deal memo. And TNA dropped this on Friday so they could hold of WWE's lawyers all weekend and try to screw AJ out of a RR debut

sour grapes. 

PWInsider reported that AJ's lawyer is Bill Behrens. Which is hilarious. I've done business with that clown. 

As a wrestling organization it is irrelevant. There is talent there for sure but how many people watch TNA? Not many. 

On 22/01/2016 at 2:52 PM, Atomic said:

Great reading, thanks.  Some points:

Loved Pro Wrestling the game.  You're talking about Starman and The Amazon. Starman was always my guy.  Spawned the hilarious and popular "A Winner Is You!" phrase due to a mistranslation.

I still think there has always been a degree of up-and-down movement for stars outside of the mainstays like Hogan.  Look at Edge.  Came in with The Brood (Gangrel and Christian) which eventually died, he kinda sat around the mid card for a long time, then eventually became one of the biggest stars in the company.  I do get what you're saying though and obviously there are problems with the booking.

That 8 man tag on RAW was a disaster.  WTF was the point?  No build up, no excitement, and on top of that the match itself was god awful.  Awful, awful, awful.

But I still think there is potential there with Bray!  Just ditch Rowan and Strowman and have Bray and Harper as a tag team maybe?  They are both great, IMO.

I think Edge becoming a top level guy before his injury was like the easiest transition. He was already a fan favorite as a tag team wrestler with Christian have some of the best tag matches in WWE's history, and on the mic, him and christian were gold. they had some of the best promo running.  someone like reigns is being forced down our throats without really having done anything, just simply has the look

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

As a wrestling organization it is irrelevant. There is talent there for sure but how many people watch TNA? Not many. 

Are we talking about the same thing?  I posted that a company was saying they had a wwe guy under contract and he breached. If that's true which I don't believe it is, it's not irrelevant. TNA sucking does not make their contracts void nor does it mean wwe or anyone else can tamper. 

It might not amount to anything but whT TNA has done is not irrelevant at all 

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Are we talking about the same thing?  I posted that a company was saying they had a wwe guy under contract and he breached. If that's true which I don't believe it is, it's not irrelevant. TNA sucking does not make their contracts void nor does it mean wwe or anyone else can tamper. 

It might not amount to anything but whT TNA has done is not irrelevant at all 

I think different. I meant that  really no one watches or cares about TNA that much other than its core fans. If TNA folded tomorrow, I wonder how many fans would actually care?

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Rumble odds : HHH -150, Reigns +285, Lesnar +360, Wyatt +550, everyone else is beyond +1000 including the Rock, Curtis Axel and D-Von have the longest odds at +20,000

might be worth putting a $100 bill down on roman at those odds. 

Rumors are back to saying Reigns will win.  I don't think I could stomach that.

2 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I think different. I meant that  really no one watches or cares about TNA that much other than its core fans. If TNA folded tomorrow, I wonder how many fans would actually care?

Which has nothing to do with legal issues. If AJ had a signed deal wih TNA and they sued WWE, WWE's Defense can't be "but you're honor, TNA sucks and no one watches them"

6 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I watched a couple of TNA episodes in 2014 & saw Bully Ray put Dixie Carter through a table. I just couldn't get into TNA especially with Carter running the show. 

TNA has always seemed to have an identity crises. They were never content being a solid number 2 and always wanted to poke the bear and go after WWE 

I Don't blame them for bringing in Hogan and Bischoff. I don't even blame them for going head to head on Monday for a time.  But they completely got away from what made them popular 

there was a time when they did pretty well on PPV. Now they can't sell any. At all. They are a glorified Indy

the difference between TNA and my promotion is they have millions of dollars to blow and I have better booking. ;)

they had a chance to get paul Heyman and passed because he insisted on having autonomy. Dixie is the classic definition of a money mark. She knows nothing about the business but spends because she thinks she does and she gets to feel like a star. 

Couple years ago they had a deal to sell to Jeff Jarrett and Toby Keith. Everything was agreed to. It fell apart bexajse dixie's dad insisted making it part of the deal to keep Dixie on in an on screen role.  Unbelievable. 

Ambrose Owens was spectacular.

Rumble was kinda silly with Reigns hiding in the back and the Wyatts re entering the ring to eliminate Lesnar.  But a good showing from AJ Styles and thank god Roman didn't win.  That crowd was ready to riot.  Disappointed there weren't any "classic" wrestlers to enter the Rumble, or any real surprises.

I thought it was a pretty good show overall.  Better than last year.  Would have liked to see a little better ending to the Rumble, as it was obvious Ambrose wouldn't win.  Jericho vs HHH would have been a nicer ending, or even Bray vs HHH.