Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

Families and young people

Average age is 41 years old. 68% male (Total Divas skewers the number down to 63% overall).  The smallest category is the under 17 at 19%.  The largest segment is over 50 at 37%.

WWE audience is getting older and more male.  I suspect many dad's watch it with their kids but once you start hitting 50 years old, how many dad's are watching with their 12 year old sons?  Not many.

TNA is even worse, skewering even older and even more male. 

Interestingly, Total Divas, being more soap opery and with more interesting and realistic (to a degree) storylines grabs a much better female demo.  WWE has been unable to translate that into female viewers for their other programs however.

What seems clear is, WWE has whittled its audience down to its most loyal and long-watching fans.  It doesnt have a great under 17 demo and even the 18-34 is well under it's over 50.  WWE isn't "cool" and isnt doing a very good job of creating new fans.

With TNA, it became clear there was a core fanbase that would watch no matter what.  Im not sure what WWE's core fanbase totals will be but as they've hit and flirted with historic lows recently, they might be at it.  They better hope so.

Yeah that was a lame PPV lol. I honestly predicted that finish before the tournament even started and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

I saw a lot of chatter about a Sheamus cash-in and then it sort of fell by the wayside because Sheamus is not remotely over and the feeling WWE needed to make a new top heel to replace Seth.  Many of us gave WWE too much credit for doing something interesting.  They didnt.  And in retrospect, we shouldnt be surprised.

Sort of dove-tails with my theory that WWE consciously wants no one to be over.  The only thing over is "WWE" itself (and by extension the Authority since Hunter and Steph are lifers).  If you were preparing Sheamus for a title run, you'd have built him up.  For example, many of us thought Kane's odd World Title program was ill-fitting but it was designed to heat him up for his tag team with Undertaker...because Taker is one of the few guys who must be protected.

The aftermath of the tournament is that a WWE Poll done on their website asking who should win was overwhelmingly won by Cesaro who lost on RAW and might need shoulder surgery.  The most over heel in the tournament (Owens) lost in the semi's by clean pinfall.  They still dont have a top heel since Seth is out long term.  Their new top face gets mixed reactions, both of which are not at a top guy level.

I wonder if they pop a rating tonight based on curiosity or if fans en mass reject this.  I see what they are trying to do, take a heel the fans will heel on (if Owens worked Roman he'd get a lot of cheers) to help get Roman more over.

But consider how much effort WWE is going to annoint a guy the fans just dont love at the expense of other guys who are more over.  It really makes no sense other than Vince is out of touch, stubborn and has a "no one tells me what to do" mentality.

And to a degree Hunter is the same way because while he likes to fancy himself among the late 90's and Attitude era top guys like Austin, Rock, Taker, Foley, HBK, Bret, Hunter was the one who kept failing to get over and had more chances than anyone.  He would never have made it if he didnt have people looking out for him and the timing being right.

Sorry 13 year old boys and a bunch of 100 year old old timey wrestling fans. My bad.

If I recall (and correct me if Im confusing you with someone else), you've made disparaging or mocking remarks about wrestling a few times.  If you dislike it, why bother posting about it?  Clearly people posting in this thread enjoy (or otherwise are fans) wrestling and enjoy discussing it.  Taking the time to mock it seems awfully troll-ish and silly.

And again, the demos are not 13 year old boys and 100 year old fans.  So aside from wasting both our time, you're wrong again.  If you're confused about something related to wrestling I'd be happy to try and answer any questions.

I'm just bugging you unknown poster, I am familiar with how sensitive local wrestlers are to *ribbing* and am poking fun.

Im not sure "locals" are overly sensitive with "ribbing".  I think if most people engaged in an industry that required a lot of time and effort for those at various levels of seriousness that their reaction to someone mocking it would not be called "sensitive".  Probably more accurate to say "reasonable". 

I've had more conversations than I can count with people who looked down their nose at wrestling or thought it was "easy" or "fake" and most of time we're gracious and polite.  Occasionally you get the one who wants to get in the ring right now because its so easy and sometimes we can convince them to "try out".  Those people are never heard from again.

Im not bothered by you're supposed ribbing.  But in a thread where people discuss opinions and fact, you keep taking time to express an opinion that is false.  Its not so much that you are coming up with an amusing anecdote about wrestling, you're just stating false facts.  Which leads me to believe you like wrestling but think you know a lot more than you do.

If you ever want to have a try out, let me know.  Perhaps you'd be less inclined to think local wrestlers were sensitive when mocked.

Bad news for Cesaro who's out four-six months (and bad news for WWE which is now even more depleted of one of its best workers):

The injury to Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) was confirmed today by WWE as a torn rotator cuff in his left shoulder.

The injury was reported yesterday when Cesaro was pulled from his not announced but planned match last night at the Survivor Series.

In an interview on the WWE web site, Cesaro said he suffered the injury two months ago, but essentially ignored it, not realizing the severity of it. He said he had maintained range of motion and he was hurt, but his strength wasn't down significantly. He said he was continuing to train on it. This past week he had the shoulder examined and found it was a complete tear.

He said he just got the word of the tear today and his having surgery this afternoon. We had been told last night that he would probably be needing surgery, but that was to be determined, and this morning were told he was getting the shoulder evaluated.

Cesaro said he was told he'd be out of action four to six months.

Thats too bad about cesaro, I thought he tweaked his arm going over the ropes in his win vs sheamus in the first roun of this tourney. Looked like when he hit the apron awkwardly spilling onto the floor he was suddenly in legit discomfort. I might have even stated in my post thinking his win would be deemed an upset, whether or not his arm would cause a return of sheamus by default. Guess I was kinda right but not really lol

I still think Cesaro over sheamus was an upset, unless they play up whatever arm injury he may have sustained and put sheamus back in by default.

based on the names of this tournament, they could have made it an 8 person thing too and saved some of the obvious

nov 10th, doesnt match the "months ago" timeline said, n ive had a rotator cuff injury, that **** hurts and really limits arm movement. If hed been injured for months, thats incredible

Yeah he said he had it for a couple of months but it hurt so perhaps whatever happened in that match caused him to get it checked out.  Tough guy to work that well/hard and maintain his fitness with a completely torn rotator cuff.

Hopefully the time off ends up good for him.  Vince doesnt like him but his return should get a strong reaction from the crowd and an opportunity for WWE to put him in a better position.

Definitely, maybe he works on his mic skills while on the shelf, imo been one of his hugest draw backs. Hes shown great stuff in the ring otherwise but not much of a stick guy, and I think you really need to be good at both to hit that upper echelon. Some guys have been able to get away with being phenomenal at one or the other, but makes it alot easier to be well rounded

Definitely, maybe he works on his mic skills while on the shelf, imo been one of his hugest draw backs. Hes shown great stuff in the ring otherwise but not much of a stick guy, and I think you really need to be good at both to hit that upper echelon. Some guys have been able to get away with being phenomenal at one or the other, but makes it alot easier to be well rounded

Get the best stick man in the business in Paul Heyman like Brock Lesnar has. Cesaro & Owens are the two best wrestlers WWE has. Sorry he has such a bad injury. 

Thought they might swap it tonight. But I doubt it

I was thinking the same but when's the last time they did a world title change on RAW? Might have to wait til TLC now that I think about it. The roster is in a sorry state.

Can't see Sheamus holding the World Title for very long. He's... just.... bad. One signature move & it's not even a wrestling hold, it's a kick in the face. LOL! Fans may have not liked Seth as he was part of The Authority but he was talented & was great on the mic. Totally unlike Sheamus. 

I think the idea is to have a heel the fans will boo against roman. Roman is so weak that against guys like Owens or Ambrose he's be boo'ed. With Sheamus and rusev the fans are actually behind roman. It's sort of a false support but wwe is hoping it sticks.

And you can see how they book roman that he's always in an under dog position, always fighting from behind, always has odds to over come. They are using every trick in the book to get him over. And that hilarity is of they have that push to a half dozen more over guys they would have a tippy top guy the fans truly love. But roman is Vince's guy no matter what.