Game 71: Blues @ Jets

Buff is an elite D man and to suggest otherwise shows your (lack of) knowledge of hockey.

Name me another Jet that can take over and control a game.

He is easily worth 35  for 5 years....easily. I'd go as high as 37.5.

Every team in the league would want him if they had the cap space.

You guys that say Buff is a luxury are so far gone you would be called a flyer in stats.

The team is better with him in the lineup...fact.

Also, the next time we need a forward because of injuries, who are we gonna play without Buff.

Ladd is the captain but Buff is the leader, no questions asked.

He was being heralded as a Norris trophy winner at one point.. You don't get mentioned in that class of players unless you have showcased as one of the better or best at defense.

Yeah right. Erik Karlsson won the Norris in 2012, and he was a train wreck defensively. Mike Green has been nominated for it, and he's even worse defensively.

He was being heralded as a norris trophy winner by Jets fans. Winning the Norris means nothing, it doesn't mean you are the best D man. It means you are good at putting up points really, Playing D doesn't mean a thing to Norris trophy candidates. D men play D first, buff does not do that. When he wants to be someone said? You realize that is like once every 5 games probably. 

It  would be nice to keep Buff but, not sure why anyone is pretending he's one of the top 10 D men in the league, he's not. Toby is actually better, Myers might be too, Trouba is too, They play D first mostly, That's what you want in your D men. 

He's not Doughty, He's not Subban, He's not Letang even, He's not OEL in Arizona, He's not really an elite D man, he's a good d man but... he's not elite. 

lol at questioning peoples hockey knowledge because someone don't think Buff is elite, He's not, what makes anyone think he is? Elite D men don't take games off at a time, Elite d man don't play good D only when they feel like doing it, they do it all the time.

People do know what the D stands for right? 

But if he is elite, then he should get 9 million a year cuz that's what the doughtys and subbans get. That's too rich for the Jets blood i think. 

Buff is an elite hockey player without any doubt. Is he an elite D man? Probably not but hes above average. Is he an elite forward? Probably not but hes above average.

Can he play forward or D without missing a beat? Id say yes.

IMO hes an elite hockey player. 

I think the word you are trying to use is versatile....

He has the intangibles such as Frolik which makes him a solid asset to have.

Buff is an elite hockey player without any doubt. Is he an elite D man? Probably not but hes above average. Is he an elite forward? Probably not but hes above average.

Can he play forward or D without missing a beat? Id say yes.

IMO hes an elite hockey player. 

I think the word you are trying to use is versatile....

He has the intangibles such as Frolik which makes him a solid asset to have.

Huh?

Yes the team is better with him in the line up. Which does Not discount anyone's opinion that he's a luxury. Take a deep breath.

LOL What do you mean hes a luxury?

free or habitual indulgence in or enjoyment of comforts and pleasures in addition to those necessary for a reasonable standard of well-being:

a life of luxury on the French Riviera.

Yes the team is better with him in the line up. Which does Not discount anyone's opinion that he's a luxury. Take a deep breath.

LOL What do you mean hes a luxury?

free or habitual indulgence in or enjoyment of comforts and pleasures in addition to those necessary for a reasonable standard of well-being:

a life of luxury on the French Riviera.

So your saying hes not necessary?  LOL 

Lol. Lol. Lol. If you spent time reading what people wrote rather then dismissing the opinion of others you'd have answers to your question. It's not my job to hold your hand. Lol.

Hold my hand?  WTF?

You just said that Buff is a luxury and not necessary.  Is that not correct?

Im not dismissing your opinion...  I asked you a question about it.  Is that not correct?

If i was dismissing it then i wouldnt ask you to clarify it now would i? 

Lol. Lol. Lol. If you spent time reading what people wrote rather then dismissing the opinion of others you'd have answers to your question. It's not my job to hold your hand. Lol.

Hold my hand? WTF?

You just said that Buff is a luxury and not necessary. Is that not correct?

Im not dismissing your opinion... I asked you a question about it. Is that not correct?

Lol

Hold my hand? WTF?

You just said that Buff is a luxury and not necessary. Is that not correct?

Im not dismissing your opinion... I asked you a question about it. Is that not correct?

Lol

Ouch

What I mean by luxury is we already have 2 top 4 young rh d men in myers and Trouba. When you think about it you don't need 3. It would be nice but isn't necessary really. Maybe buff can play the left side tho. If not it's pretty tough to give all 3 equal minutes. Well its not, it's just that maybe that 7 million or so would be better spent elsewhere. Perhaps areas where depth isn't as strong as the rhd side. Add in that buff will be 30 and perhaps looking for big term and money. Just saying it might make more sense to upgrade the team elsewhere. Then again who really knows what buff wants. That's the big question. What does buff want. Seems like he likes it here likes being a leader here. He might not like it elsewhere or might not be a leader elsewhere.