Game 71: Blues @ Jets

What I mean by luxury is we already have 2 top 4 young rh d men in myers and Trouba. When you think about it you don't need 3. It would be nice but isn't necessary really. Maybe buff can play the left side tho. If not it's pretty tough to give all 3 equal minutes. Well its not, it's just that maybe that 7 million or so would be better spent elsewhere. Perhaps areas where depth isn't as strong as the rhd side. Add in that buff will be 30 and perhaps looking for big term and money. Just saying it might make more sense to upgrade the team elsewhere. Then again who really knows what buff wants. That's the big question. What does buff want. Seems like he likes it here likes being a leader here. He might not like it elsewhere or might not be a leader elsewhere.

Thank you for explaining it.

If Buff's injury has shown us anything, its the value of Myers.  Buff gives you many things and I've said I would love to keep him.  But money and ice time come into play when you look at Buff/Myers/Trouba as your ride side D.  Myers contract is such that it gives you options and Trouba's age might make it possible to have his ice time increase as an aging Buff's decreases.  We're saving money on the left side with only Enstrom making big bucks and hopefully Morrissey slotting in there for a few years of entry level money.  A big contract to Buff is doable and Im sure the Jets know exactly what they're plan is.