Bombers draft & FA camp prep

gbill2004

The online has been the Bombers downfall for years. Walters was able to sign Picard and Bryant but we have no depth if any of them are injured. Why is Morley not in the plans anymore he is capable of playing a number of positions on the oline. With the 2nd pick we should go oline and with  the 11th then at 15 grab Demski who I don't think is ready to play yet. I see him as a year or 2 away from contributing to a team. Why not crab a D lineman as we need to find someone that can be as good if not better then Doug brown was.

From the sounds of things we are going 3 Canadians on the online and those 3 will be Picard greaves and one of goossen or Neufeld with the other backing up. That's our 4 Canadian OL on the roster. If we take OL at 2 he's ir'd more than likely. Also sounds like none of them project to be tackles

I just don't see Neufeld making it through a whole season un-injured. Morley will still be around.

I'd also like to see Morley kept around, but Walters didn't mention him as being part of this years plans. Walters also said he needs to cut some salary from the OL. All signs point to Morley retiring or being released.

Daryl Waud DL is projected at number 3, would he be a stretch at 2 and then go after an O-lineman at 11?

Waud turned some heads in the States when he played in the Shrine Bowl - he's could be NFL bound.

Yep. Key to drafting in the CFL is getting the best players who won't leave for the NFL.

I'd also like to see Morley kept around, but Walters didn't mention him as being part of this years plans. Walters also said he needs to cut some salary from the OL. All signs point to Morley retiring or being released.

"Retiring" and then being called back in mid Sept when the OL injuries start kicking in.

"Retiring" and then being called back in mid Sept when the OL injuries start kicking in.
If he stays in shape that might not be a bad idea if all parties are in agreement.

I can't see us taking Demski but the homer aspect of it makes it kind of cool. Sounds from the article though that Walters would be more interested in an X receiver and that is likely not going to be a spot Demski plays.

Pretty sure he wants an X receiver as an import from the free agent camps, not the draft.

Its possible, but the article was discussing Canadian WRs in the draft.

I can't see us taking Demski but the homer aspect of it makes it kind of cool. Sounds from the article though that Walters would be more interested in an X receiver and that is likely not going to be a spot Demski plays.

Pretty sure he wants an X receiver as an import from the free agent camps, not the draft.

No it was discussing both the Canadian draft and the free agent camp. Several issues discussed in one article. Read it again. The part about the X receiver is under the free agent camp section.

It's open to interpretation.

I don't see us taking Demski though.

Durant is the better prospect and I do think he suits the mold of what we're looking for better.

Actually it's not open to interpretation. Read the Free Press article then (on their website). There's a clear separation by a header between the draft discussion and the FA camp discussion. The discussion on the big X receiver is about import free agent camps, not the draft.

No it was discussing both the Canadian draft and the free agent camp. Several issues discussed in one article. Read it again. The part about the X receiver is under the free agent camp section.

think it is nonspecific enough to refer to either Canadian or American receivers playing the X spot.

think it is nonspecific enough to refer to either Canadian or American receivers playing the X spot.

Like I said above. If it's not clear in what I posted, read the article of the free press website. It's like two articles in one. One on the draft and on one free agent camps where it talks about the import X receiver.

But read whatever you guys want. That's not how Ed Tait wrote it though.

Durant is the better prospect and I do think he suits the mold of what we're looking for better.

Actually it's not open to interpretation. Read the Free Press article then (on their website). There's a clear separation by a header between the draft discussion and the FA camp discussion. The discussion on the big X receiver is about import free agent camps, not the draft.

And when you look at it on their website, the part about FA camps and X receivers are in a side bar with multiple lines between them which means they are 2 separate thoughts implying the Bombers wish to sign X receivers any way they can't get them - draft or FA.

And when you look at it on their website, the part about FA camps and X receivers are in a side bar with multiple lines between them which means they are 2 separate thoughts implying the Bombers wish to sign X receivers any way they can't get them - draft or FA.

It's clear to me what Tait was reporting here, but if you want to believe that based on reading the article, Walters is looking to this years draft for a big X receiver to make an impact this season, that's up to you. To me the article is clear; one part CFL draft, one part free agent camp.

I think it is really clear that Walters is looking for an X receiver. I, also, think it is really clear that Durant could fit that role. Whether separated by a header or not connect the dots. The draft is one avenue we could both bolster our NI starters AND address a position of need if we drafted Durant. Two birds with one stone has me agreeing with Mike, don't really care if a header seperates the two thoughts or not.

I think it is really clear that Walters is looking for an X receiver. I, also, think it is really clear that Durant could fit that role. Whether separated by a header or not connect the dots. The draft is one avenue we could both bolster our NI starters AND address a position of need if we drafted Durant. Two birds with one stone has me agreeing with Mike, don't really care if a header seperates the two thoughts or not.

So you expect Durant to step right in his rookie year and make an impact as the starting X for the Bombers? Okay.