Game 67: Jets @ Blues

IC Khari

This will be extremely tough for the Jets to win but I still think they're capable of an upset (even without Little and Buff). We need to stick to the same defensive plan as Saturday and make the most of the chances we get (like Saturday) to win. I'd love two points but even 1 point will be good as it's is getting very close in the West.

Jets will do okay if they can cover 2 things.

1. Make sure Thomas Steen does not hitch a ride on the plane.

2. Keep Alex Steen off scoreboard.

Do those 2 things and we can win.

Oh and hit. Hit. HIT!

Thomas Steen is a bit old to hit but agh ... well ... why not, since he seems to still like to mix it up with old women in restaurants ... ;)

Hutch vs Elliott.

Per Wiebe@Sun:

Ladd-Lowry-Frolik, Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler, Tlusty-Slater-Stempniak, Thorburn-O'Dell-Peluso. Come on Peluso!

Olli not playing but Goc will. Which is bad for us. He seems to do well against Jets.

Jay Bouw. will play after taking a game off for Blues.

Pavs goal... Inexcusable... But trouba was partially screening and looked to either hide puck with elbow or deflect it..

Still, you GOTTA stop that..at that point of the game, at this point of the season..

BLECH.

He was staring a hole through Trouba  But what is Trouba supposed to do when a guy shoots from the middle of the ice, leap out of the way?  Pavs wasnt ready.  Period.

I saw people on twitter before the game talking about how the Jets could have bought Pavs out last summer but didnt and how that was a poor decision.  Last night proved why, no matter how well Hutch *can* play, even in hindsight, its good they didnt ditch Pavs (nor would they have in the summer with no other goalie options).  We still arent getting the goaltending we need.

If we miss the playoffs by a couple of points its going to come down to that.

For Florida, I'd come back with Hutch because I think he needs it.  Going with Pavs creates a goalie controversy.  If there is to be a controversy, let it be because the goalies cause it not the coaches. 

He was staring a hole through Trouba  But what is Trouba supposed to do when a guy shoots from the middle of the ice, leap out of the way?  Pavs wasnt ready.  Period.

I saw people on twitter before the game talking about how the Jets could have bought Pavs out last summer but didnt and how that was a poor decision.  Last night proved why, no matter how well Hutch *can* play, even in hindsight, its good they didnt ditch Pavs (nor would they have in the summer with no other goalie options).  We still arent getting the goaltending we need.

If we miss the playoffs by a couple of points its going to come down to that.

For Florida, I'd come back with Hutch because I think he needs it.  Going with Pavs creates a goalie controversy.  If there is to be a controversy, let it be because the goalies cause it not the coaches. 

Too bad you don't mention how the Jets were running around in their own end when some of the goals were scored on Hutch. There was really only one that could be considered soft, the rest were great plays by the Blues and poor defence by the Jets. Pav's always goes to sleep at least once a game.

Sorry but the loss in this case is on Pavs. Sure his other saves were great and they definitely kept us in the game, but he is getting paid a lot of money so we should expect that from him should we not? Pavs is responsible for that one because he let a goal in that most 10 year old goalies handle. If he stops that shot we at least get a valued point in a heated playoff race.