Game 67: Jets @ Blues

IC Khari

100% you go back to Hutch in FLA. The guy is the reason we are where we are. Struggling as of late, you betcha. 2 strong games followed by 1 off night, rinse and repeat. But he's still your best chance at a W (shout out to Noel) and is part of our future - you have to stick with him through the down times.

I came into work today and told coworkers, that play sums up perfectly Pavs career in Wpg. He can play lights out for 90% of a game, but just can't keep that focus at crucial moments. The loss falls squarely on his shoulders.

@mikeoncrime: Pavelec sounds like a player who is pretty much done with this team. And Maurice sounds like a coach who is pretty much done with Pavelec.

Having not heard the interview, and with all due respect to Mike, this is like Lawless commenting on a trial down at the law courts.

I wonder what Maurice thought of Pavs reaction to the goal. He glared at trouba and apparently made a WTF motion to him. As people have said, how often do the players do that to him when he lets in a bad goal? Never.

I'm pretty sure most players don't worry about screening the goalie when they are out past the blue line.  

Of course he does.  He has lost his starting job here.  What professional athlete would be happy with being replaced. 

True enough but some professional athletes take it more of a challenge to win it back not throw in the towel and say they wan't to play elsewhere.

In this particular case though, I'm not sure where Pavelec sits with this as I don't have enough information.  

Of course he does.  He has lost his starting job here.  What professional athlete would be happy with being replaced. 

True enough but some professional athletes take it more of a challenge to win it back not throw in the towel and say they wan't to play elsewhere.

In this particular case though, I'm not sure where Pavelec sits with this as I don't have enough information.  

Agreed, it is pretty hard to guess what has happened without knowing what has gone on behind closed doors and what discussions Maurice has had or not had with Pavelec.

Trade Pav in the off season for a late pick and be done with it. However the guy made several huge saves last night. He did let in one brutal goal but he made several pretty great saves. It would have been nice to get to OT but... Jets weren't good as a team for 2 periods

I wonder what Maurice thought of Pavs reaction to the goal. He glared at trouba and apparently made a WTF motion to him. As people have said, how often do the players do that to him when he lets in a bad goal? Never.

I'm pretty sure most players don't worry about screening the goalie when they are out past the blue line.  

Exactly.

Pavs not stepping up and speaking to the media last night shows me all I need to know. At least Westwood would talk to the press after he shanked a few and cost us a game. I think he hasn't played in three weeks for a reason, and I personally don't care if it's three more before he does again ...

The team didn't play great and this isn't about Hutch vs Pavs as most Pavs-haters like to make it. Pavs was the way better goalie except for one play. Hutch wasn't nearly good enough.

Odd statement. saying it's not about pav vs hutch but then saying hutch wasn't good enough. He wasn't but... Pav let in a goal that pee wee  goalies stop every time.

It's not about pav vs hutch tho right? 

Pav haters? Lol i don't think anyone hates pav, if they do, they need help for sure but... why do people always have to make it about one player? Like that entire second period was a disaster, the third? The jets got lucky and tied it up, false hope really cuz we didn't deserve a point that game. We got owned pretty much and got some lucky goals of our own, I just don't get why you'd say it's not about pav vs hutch but then proceed to say hutch wasn't nearly good enough. Well, guess what, hutch didn't get the loss, Pav did? why because he let in a floater from center. Listen, i'm not one to blame the goalies that often, the fact is there are 5 other guys on the ice but jesus man, that shot was from the frickin red line, that was a brutal goal and that cost them the game, whether you like it or not. Yeah i don't think they deserved the point but fact is, if Pav stopped that 1 floater, they more than likely get 1 point.