CFL cf. NFL: Depth of Interest

BigBlue

Football outside of Blue Bomberville  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Using this scale 3 = Strong, 2 = Mediun, 1 = Light/None ... Please rate how strong your interest is in football beyond our beloved home team. Rate the strength of your interest in the rest of the CFL and the strength of your interest in NFL football.

• 3 = NFL &. rest of CFL = 3
    • 3 = NFL &. rest of CFL = 2
    • 3 = NFL & rest of CFL = 1
    • 2 = NFL & rest of CFL = 3
    • 2 = NFL &. rest of CFL = 2
    • 2 = NFL & rest of CFL = 1
    • 1 = NFL & rest of CFL = 3
    • 1 = NFL & rest of CFL = 2
    • 1 = NFL & rest of CFL = 1
    • Other & please explain

I am as much a CFL fan as I am a Bomber fan, I'll watch anything CFL related and follow it all closely... but I don't give any kind of damn about the NFL. It's a horribly over hyped league and I quite frnakly resent it for taking attention away from the CFL. I don't know if it's just a Calgary phenomenon but it seems like the NFL is a bigger deal than the CFL here and I hate that more than words can say. I can not wait for the superb owl to be over with so we can stop hearing about that damned league all the time. Lots of other sports to focus on.

That does it - I'm calling it the Superb Owl from now on

I'm surprised there aren't more NFL fans here.... I love the Bomber #1 over everything else... no question about it... but when it comes down to watching football on Sundays in the fall... I'll take NFL over a non-Bomber CFL game.... actually every year I gripe about the Banjo Bowl being on the same sunday as opening weekend... obviously I've never missed one, but I'd prefer it on Saturday night so I have sunday to enjoy opening weekend...

I am as much a CFL fan as I am a Bomber fan, I'll watch anything CFL related and follow it all closely... but I don't give any kind of damn about the NFL. It's a horribly over hyped league and I quite frnakly resent it for taking attention away from the CFL. I don't know if it's just a Calgary phenomenon but it seems like the NFL is a bigger deal than the CFL here and I hate that more than words can say. I can not wait for the superb owl to be over with so we can stop hearing about that damned league all the time. Lots of other sports to focus on.

That does it - I'm calling it the Superb Owl from now on

I think it was probably Stephen Colbert who made that a thing. 

I like football, so being able to watch it 8 months of the year instead of just 6 is a good thing.  But outside of Bombers games, it's all a low priority to me.  Watching a football game on TV instead of doing almost anything else?  No thanks.  In the absence of all other interesting things, sure, I'll watch a game.  Had family over last night for supper and to watch the game - I declined the offer of a seat facing the TV during supper - I'd rather visit with the people we've invited over than pretend to care about 2 teams I don't care about.  Yes, if push comes to shove, screw the Patriots, but whatever.  Coach grumblelord and the evil empire won another championship; I can't pretend to be indignant about their ways anymore.

Check and Check.

Love the CFL as a whole. haven't missed one game since late 2007. As for the NFL, I haven't seen too many games in the last 5 years, never really cared for it to be honest, though in my youth I loved playing Madden. God how I wish the CFL would've actually released some video games. (I didn't find out about CFL Football '99) until a couple years after it's release).

No cfl games are ever going to officially be released.

So Mark Cohon lied about the league's intention of releasing a video game?

For me, my hierarchy of preference would be something like this..

Bombers

Vikings

bunch of NFL teams including my flavors of the week ie. New England, Green Bay, Baltimore, Seattle, a few others

Stamps, Als, Lions (BC), Esks, Redblacks, Argos

Most other NFL teams

Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Jets

Roughriders

Ticats

Not including the Bombers, I watch an equal amount of NFL and CFL football.

To me, the CFL is driving the bus and the NFL is somewhere sitting in the middle.  

I'm probably of a rare breed that reads a lot more about the NFL during the season, than watching it on TV.  Outside of about 65% of the playoff games, I will watch 2 maybe 3 games throughout the season.

I can't say that I watch all the CFL games, but aside from the Bombers, I'll likely see 2/3 of the remaining games each week. 

I don't really care which NFL team wins or loses, tried being a Vikings fan, but, gave up on that. I have gotten a kick out of  following 

Bill and Tom over the years…. making  a good team without much to work with. (one first round draft pick on their offence this year's team)

I definitely much prefer watching the CFL. 

But I also really enjoy watching some of the spectacular throws, catches, runs, tackles, and so on that you see in an NFL game, and I think there might be a bit more coaching strategy at the top level of the NFL than we have. 

good thread.