Kane Gets Two Game Suspension

You have to wonder why Kane got 2 and Lowry got 1 for pretty much the same play.

Either way though, it was a stupid play on Kane's part, and a suspension was coming.  There isn't a huge difference between 1 and 2 games.

Might have to do with history. That being said, though, not a big difference between 1 and 2.

A goof?   Doesn't everyone tweet out pictures of themselves doing push-ups with stacks of money strapped to their backs?

kane-money-1040x572.jpg

Or better yet, use a money phone, then remind people of its anniversary?

Meh.  If Andrew Ladd did that as a joke, would anyone care?  If Kane had 30 goals would anyone care?

I sort of want to be outraged and then I just shrug.  If he showed a pic of a new lexus he bought, we'd all say "cool car bro" but because its cash it comes across as flaunting his wealth.  I get it. 

My understanding is it rubbed some players the wrong way because they are all rich but dont feel they should be flaunting it.  I think its much ado about nothing.  He plays his ass off every night. 

I'm not outraged at it, I actually really don't care about those things.  The post was more in reference to Kane's reputation as a goof.

As to your questions though:

If Andrew Ladd did that as a joke, would anyone care?

Kind of a silly question because Ladd would never do this.  In fact, I can't think of many other players who would do it.  

If Kane had 30 goals would anyone care?

First I'd ask you that if Kane had 30 goals would he even be doing this, as he'd be getting the attention he seems to seek?  And yes, given Kane's history with these things, and this not being an isolated incident, I think people would still care.

Im not sure its really an attention thing.  I *do* think he's messing with people a little bit and thats a sign of immaturity.  But I dont think its a sign of an underlying need for attention.  I think its more he thinks "watch this, people are gonna go nuts" and he gets a kick out of it.  I would hope one of the elders on the team would tell him it makes them look bad to flaunt their wealth.

The kid is a complete tool, and it's absolutely an attention-whoring thing. He's like Charles Roberts, only doesn't (relatively speaking) produce nearly as much. Unless you're putting up huge numbers, you don't allow this kind of personality to poison your locker room.

His personality isn't any different than 2/3's of the players in NBA and NFL.  He doesn't bother wasting his time pretending to be an aw-shucks prairie farm boy who grew up playing on a pond and is totally humbled to get money to play a "kid's game".

Michael Irvin shows up for work every Sunday with diamond studs in his ears the size of AA batteries, dressed in a full length fur coat.

While I can't relate to wanting to be a playa or a balla - not even sure how to correctly misspell those - how Kane chooses to play with his money isn't my concern.  Is he utterly tone-deaf to the market he plays in?  Oh yeah.  Is he a poison in this locker room?  Not that I can tell.  He buys in and works hard.  Do we share a common value system?  That seems unlikely.

And personally I think he should have gotten 4 games.  Lowry 2 or 3.  If you're serious about getting it out of the game, be serious.

Im not there but i dont think Kane poisons the locker room at all.... I dont think Maurice would have any of it if he did.

Also dont think the players really give a crap.... Its pretty fair to say IMO that even if he aint scoring he goes out and gives 100% uses his body and speed... sticks up for his teammates and contributes in other ways

Other then this 2 game thing he got i really dont remember him doing stupid things on the ice to much.

IMO hes more just making himself look silly and not really effecting the team or his play and my guess is thats also the way the team and Maurice loooks at it..

His personality isn't any different than 2/3's of the players in NBA and NFL.  He doesn't bother wasting his time pretending to be an aw-shucks prairie farm boy who grew up playing on a pond and is totally humbled to get money to play a "kid's game".

Michael Irvin shows up for work every Sunday with diamond studs in his ears the size of AA batteries, dressed in a full length fur coat.

While I can't relate to wanting to be a playa or a balla - not even sure how to correctly misspell those - how Kane chooses to play with his money isn't my concern.  Is he utterly tone-deaf to the market he plays in?  Oh yeah.  Is he a poison in this locker room?  Not that I can tell.  He buys in and works hard.  Do we share a common value system?  That seems unlikely.

And personally I think he should have gotten 4 games.  Lowry 2 or 3.  If you're serious about getting it out of the game, be serious.

Need more of the bolded, and less of anything else...

Thought it might be one but on replay, you can see KANE was kind of head hunting a bit there, kane got rocked pretty cleanly earlier in that shift and looked pretty pissed about it, saw a guy with his back turned, numbers right there, nailed him. That's suspension worthy. Does seem to be some odd "sentences" handed out tho, not  very consistent from quintal or whoever is in charge, but.. it definitely was suspension worthy.

As for the other stuff KANE does, he does come across as an attention seeking look at me kind of person. Is that a bad thing? who am i to say, i personally don't care what he does off the ice as long as it doesn't become a distraction to the team, i think he does however need to mature, and i think not being in the room and just being a fan, i'd rather Kanes attention seeking be scoring a goal or well, i'd rather that attention he seeks be from his on ice play, not his off ice stuff.