CM Punk Signs with UFC

NEM is cleary arguing for the sake of arguing. Lesnar was a beast. To walk into the UFC and be the Heavyweight champ three fights later is crazy. Imagine if he had more time to work on his striking? He would have been unstoppable. As it was he beat one of the best ever, a former champion, and and at the time an undefeated monster who had never gone more than one round.

NCAA champion. 300 pounds and moved like a welterweight. Almost an NFL DL despite having never played ball past high school. He's the craziest physical freak I've ever seen.

It's just wrong to say Brock isn't a true fighter. Or that true fighters don't care about being draws. The fighters that aren't good and talking and hyping fights wish they were.

UFC considered hiring Paul Heyman to work with their fighters on primos but didn't want to be perceived as working anything. Boxing knows this to a degree with guys who say and do outrageous things and then hug after. It's an act to draw money. Smart fighters want to draw money.

Brock also refused to "work his way up" in UFC by fighting guys of the same MMA experience (none). He wanted too fighters right away. Brock isn't about screwing around to make money. He wants money ofcourse but he wants to prove something to himself. He walked out on tens of millions in wwe to try and make the nfl. The guys is all about trying to prove himself.

Diverticulitis did him in. Now he's a "Paul Heyman Guy".

He's overcome which is why he's made noise about going. And to

UFC. He actually talked about a fight last year but wwe wouldn't let him do it.

Brock wants to prove people wrong. At his age he wants to walk back in and be world champion. But if he loses he just shrugs it off. Like the nfl. Last cut of the Vikings who really wanted to keep him and told him to to Europe for one season and to him he had failed so he moved on to the next thing on his list.

NEM is cleary arguing for the sake of arguing. Lesnar was a beast. To walk into the UFC and be the Heavyweight champ three fights later is crazy. Imagine if he had more time to work on his striking? He would have been unstoppable. As it was he beat one of the best ever, a former champion, and and at the time an undefeated monster who had never gone more than one round.

NCAA champion. 300 pounds and moved like a welterweight. Almost an NFL DL despite having never played ball past high school. He's the craziest physical freak I've ever seen.

You failed to mention he got his ass beat bad. Im not arguing for the sake of it.

Sure the guy did some pretty good things... but tell the whole story... not just the part where he wins.

Cain kicked his ass and then Overeem destroyed him.

Why not mention that?

You failed to mention he got his ass beat bad. Im not arguing for the sake of it.

Sure the guy did some pretty good things... but tell the whole story... not just the part where he wins.

Why not mention that?

Yes you are. What he did is amazing and it's impossible to intelligently argue against that.

Of course he lost a few fights. Almost nobody goes through an mma career without it happening at least once or twice. Silva, GSP, Hughes, Fedor, JDS, & even Cain have all either been knocked out or had their asses kicked at one point. They're all still great fighters. In a sport with guys that big and gloves that small it's almost impossible for it not to happen.

Add in the life threatening illness he was suffering from and it really doesn't damage his legacy that much.

Why not mention that Cain destroys everyone not just Lesnar. Overeem was a monster (at that point) who hadn't lost in 4 years and was the Dream & Strikeforce heavyweight champion.

Lesnar wasn't losing to bums.

Overeem was an unnatural monster. Check him out in that fight compared to earlier in his career, or even now. He was huge. Suprisingly, he failed a drug test shortly after that fight...

Why not mention that?

Yes you are. What he did is amazing and it's impossible to intelligently argue against that.

Of course he lost a few fights. Almost nobody goes through an mma career without it happening at least once or twice. Silva, GSP, Hughes, Fedor, JDS, & even Cain have all either been knocked out or had their asses kicked at one point. They're all still great fighters. In a sport with guys that big and gloves that small it's almost impossible for it not to happen.

Add in the life threatening illness he was suffering from and it really doesn't damage his legacy that much.

Eh i like Brock and i said he did good things.

But ur saying im arguing for nothing...  then tell the whole story not just a part to make him look good.

Say what it is.  Hes a freak of nature and won the UFC title   ...  Them he got destroyed.

Personally I'd rather see Brock in wwe. But I can't imagine him turning down what will be a monster UFC offer. Fight for two more years and go back to wwe. It will depend on his passion for it and I know he hated not being at his best last time around.

Imagine a card with two wrestlers on it. UFC fans will have a field day. That crowd heat would be off the charts.

Lol at Brock getting his ass beat badly... in the heavy weight division one punch can end a fight instantly... look at the severe beating that Hunt took against several elite strikers yet in other fights he was knocked out by a middleweight and dropped by Werdum.  

The fight of Brock vs Carwin was more then enough to show me that Brock is a tough guy... Carwin hits extremely heavy and he survived a huge beating to come back and win.  

That would be interesting if he was the only fighter to get beat.

Brock won't make excuses but I will. He barely trained due to his disease. Was told to cancel fights. Refused.

Well, it's relevant to the conversation here about Lesnar. He got his ass kicked. That's why he left for the easy $$ of the WWE where he can be the World Champ & never wrestle. Just look mean & intimidating.

Brock won't make excuses but I will. He barely trained due to his disease. Was told to cancel fights. Refused.

Well, it's relevant to the conversation here about Lesnar. He got his ass kicked. That's why he left for the easy $$ of the WWE where he can be the World Champ & never wrestle. Just look mean & intimidating.

Yes he was run off from UFC. Pffffft

Who said that?

Who said that?

Never said that. He couldn't compete anymore. That's why he left & Vince McMahon opened the WWE bank vault for him as a PART TIME wrestler. Easy money. Lesnar when healthy was a force in UFC. But health reasons were his downfall. 

There is so many people with zero knowledge of what they are talking about, legitimately trying to argue things they don't have a full grasp of... It's hilarious.

Wrestling is VERY violent.. People get hurt all the time.. Broken noses and concussions are very common place.. You telling me a 280lb guy accidentally kneeing, elbowing or punching you in the face isn't the same as someone in the UFC landing a hook or hard jab?

Brock Lesnar wasn't ran out of the UFC, he had to "retire" because he was unable to train hard enough to be competitive.. He didn't look out of place in the octagon and would have continued to be a huge draw if he could have continued to fight.. The heavyweight division, while not stacked with talent like middleweight or welterweight, has more then enough talent to be competitive now a days.. It's not like 10 years ago where any bigger guy that could wrestle or fight was able to be competitive..

There is so many people with zero knowledge of what they are talking about, legitimately trying to argue things they don't have a full grasp of... It's hilarious.

Wrestling is VERY violent.. People get hurt all the time.. Broken noses and concussions are very common place.. You telling me a 280lb guy accidentally kneeing, elbowing or punching you in the face isn't the same as someone in the UFC landing a hook or hard jab?

Brock Lesnar wasn't ran out of the UFC, he had to "retire" because he was unable to train hard enough to be competitive.. He didn't look out of place in the octagon and would have continued to be a huge draw if he could have continued to fight.. The heavyweight division, while not stacked with talent like middleweight or welterweight, has more then enough talent to be competitive now a days.. It's not like 10 years ago where any bigger guy that could wrestle or fight was able to be competitive..

You're absolutely correct. And now that Brock has overcome diverticulitis he wants to go back to UFC. I think part of it is a desire to prove he can do it. Plus the pay days He's very very good at wrestling but hates the travel which is why he came back part time.

The irony is that you really do have no clue what you are talking about.

The heavy weight division in the UFC is barebones dry...   http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/2/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-78789

Most of the guys fighting at HW on most cards are literally just big guys who aren't morbidly obese...   the sheer lack of talent at that weight class is what makes it possible for Brock to come in and do very well.   Mark Hunt was fighting for a championship and as much as I'm a fan the guy would get absolutely obliterated by Brock unless he landed 1 lucky punch.    I don't consider Anthony Hamilton, Ruan Potts,  Jack May, Shawn Jordan as highly talented individuals.  

Wrestling was violent in the ECW days ,   I'm sure it's a physically exhausting profession but to compare getting accidentally hit once or twice to say a 5 round fight where someone gets hit over 100 times.... not even close.     

I am close to a few people who have had real fights UFC/K-1 and they look absolutely awful the next day after going hard in a fight.   I've had friends who did local wrestling... most injuries I witnessed was twisted ankles and maybe some bruises from chops to the chest.  A chop to the chest is nothing compared to a solid leg kick to the shin....

it's not even close.....  

Things change once you get punched in the face.... in MMA you see Jiu jitsu champions who are absolutely godly in grappling .... completely fizzle out in the cage once they get hit in the face....   it's a totally different experience. 

Did anyone go to WWE last night? IMO it wasn't as good as last year but it was still pretty great. Final match, street fight between Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt was excellent.

Really disappointed in no Ziggler, Miz, or Mizdow but I guess you can't expect too much out of a house show.

Did anyone go to WWE last night? IMO it wasn't as good as last year but it was still pretty great. Final match, street fight between Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt was excellent.

Really disappointed in no Ziggler, Miz, or Mizdow but I guess you can't expect too much out of a house show.

Thought about IT. But wwe is so lame right now that I can't imagine the house show being anything special. Though I beard Darren young returned.

And if you saw the rosebuds, they were two guys who will be on my show on the 9th and one retired guy who used to wrestle for me and wwe.

Spend your money and buy the New Japan PPV on Jan 2! (And PCW on the 9tj)

There is zero comparisons between the accumulated toll that is taken on your body between mma and pro wrestling. Wrestling is worse.

Only because one could wrestle for 50 years.. In mma most people can't compete past 40 years old.

The brain damage is much worse in mma / kick boxing.

Most wrestlers fall apart from the drugs, roids, drinking etc...

MMA definitely is much worse for your overall health.