CM Punk Signs with UFC

I guess i can agree to a point Landsberg played him but.... Getting punched in the face in the WWE is not even close to the same as the UFC pain wise or anything eles. Not even close.

He dont like or respect wrestling because its FAKE.... Punk wanted to talk about UFC fighting... well thats like Landsberg asking a guy that plays a cop on a tv show what its like to be a real cop. It makes no sense to talk to him about it.

I agree that the WWE is tougher on your body over time to a point.... mainly because they do it more.... UFC fighters dont fight every week.

Ill ask you this.....  Do you think that if a UFC fighter had to fight every week do you think it would be harder on his body then a WWE wrestler? .....  I would think so

Your analogy is terrible. They would only be similar if the actor playing a cop had now become a real cop and came on the show to talk about his career change.

Not even, unless while he portrayed the cop on the TV show, the fights were actually physical or the shoot outs used real bullets.

Has Punk ever had a real fight other then WWE? Has he ever been in a MMA fight?  Not that i know of.

So why should he think hes going to be interviewed about it? Its silly.

A person that plays a cop on TV is not qualified to give an interview about what real cops do. 

Punk is a former pro wrestler. That's his schtick too. To be an ass.

I wouldnt say that at all. Part of being a professional wrestler is marketing. Many of them are very good public speakers and understand the important of a good interview. CM Punk knows how to market himself but I thought the only thing worse than his behaviour was Landsberg's. It might annoy Punk to do interviews, but then he should decline to do them. He was certainly not in the mood to banter or give answers beyond one or two word replies. He was clearly annoyed with discussing wrestling, though if he knew Landsberg at all, he'd know hes a big mark so it was to be expected.

On the other hand Landsberg was delivering his questions to get a pre-desired response and Punk was having none of it. It was clear he was hoping for dirt on WWE. The gag video they played was absolutely insulting to Punk and you could tell he was ready to leave right there. And Landsberg had the "you used to be a wrestler so you cant take yourself too seriously" line in his pocket ready to use because he knew they were pushing Punk's buttons with the stupid video.

But ultimately, Landsberg looked like an unprofessional jackass

I have to disagree.

Punk wanted to talk about being a UFC fighter. The problem with that is hes not a UFC fighter.

What kind of idiot goes on a talk show expecting to talk about something hes not?

IMO Landsberg was right on when asking him about being punched in the face.... Does punk think taking a punch in the face in the WWE is the same as when a guy like Nate Diaz wants to punch you in the face in the UFC? It sounds like it.

This dudes going to get his face kicked in im thinking.

Oh and when hes talking about the refs, LOL thats to funny.... yano why the ref dont stop anything in the WWE? BECAUSE ITS FAKE!

That wasn't Punk's point at all. Guys get punched in the face in WWE all the time. I think Punk took it as a pain question and he was right (as was Lansberg) in saying WWE is far more dangerous and is much tougher on your body over time then MMA fighting. I thought Landsberg came across disrespectful in the question and he knows better as a mark but thats sort of his problem. He loves having workers on and loves to buddy up to them but he doesnt seem to actually like or respect wrestling.

Definitely Punk could have been far more cooperative but the second the interview began with that video, I knew it wasnt going to go well. he also sandbagged him a bit with the "your buddy Chael" talk. Punk was unprofessional in not giving proper answers but he felt disrespected as soon as the interview began. Im not defending him. But Michael was far more of a jackass in how he basically threw a tantrum at the end.

I guess i can agree to a point Landsberg played him but.... Getting punched in the face in the WWE is not even close to the same as the UFC pain wise or anything eles. Not even close.

He dont like or respect wrestling because its FAKE.... Punk wanted to talk about UFC fighting... well thats like Landsberg asking a guy that plays a cop on a tv show what its like to be a real cop. It makes no sense to talk to him about it.

I agree that the WWE is tougher on your body over time to a point.... mainly because they do it more.... UFC fighters dont fight every week.

Ill ask you this..... Do you think that if a UFC fighter had to fight every week do you think it would be harder on his body then a WWE wrestler? ..... I would think so

I guess you've never been a professional wrestler. Let me just say, you're wrong. There are far less injuries in UFC then WWE.

Your example of comparing an actor on TV to a wrestler is not even remotely close to reality. It's sort of ignorant actually (no offense intended, just meaning you clearly have no clue what you're talking about).

So i wonder why you need to call me names dude... its my opinion if you dont like it fine.. say so and run along.

Did i call you ignorant for liking something as stupid as wrestling? Have i ever called you ignorant about any of your opinions? Nope

I can appreciate a good discussion about anything and if and when im wrong im more then big enough to admit it.

I didn't call you ignorant dude. I said it was ignorant to compare an actor in a TV show to a pro wrestler. Ignorant means lacking knowledge. It wasn't an insult. It was an observation.

And calling me ignorant for liking wrestling would be improper use of the word since I am extremely knowledgable about that business. Calling wrestling stupid is your opinion. Which you at entitled to. I often agree unfortunately. But if you come check out one of my shows you might find it more entertaining then watching WWE. I'm happy to comp you (and anyone else here) to check out a show!

There was no offense intended.

Ill ask you this..... Do you think that if a UFC fighter had to fight every week do you think it would be harder on his body then a WWE wrestler? ..... I would think so

Don't confuse UFC fighters (who fight maybe 2-4 times a year) with a regular mma fighter. There are guys who fight much more often than that (for an extreme example ook-up Travis Fulton - 300 fights since 1996 for an average of nearly 17 fights a year.). Most UFC fighters want to fight more (that's the only time they make money for the most part), but they have no control over that.

Also don't forget to account for the travel schedule of a WWE wrestler. Although it's not as bad as it was in the past, there's still not a lot of time for them to recouperate before they're hopping on another plane or jumping in a car to head to their next show. UFC fighters have nothing that would compare to that.

Im not confusing anything... I understand lots of UFC fighters fight lots and want to. But the rules to how much they can fight are different. Mainly because one is real and the other is fake.

Which part of wrestling is "fake"? The word gets thrown around a lot by people who either have never done it or dont get it. Lots of real contact and real injuries in a fake sport.

The story is fake. I never said they dont hit. But the hitting is for a whole other reason. If you cant tell the diff... well i duno what to tell you.

IMO....Its like a soap for guys. Enjoy it.

Well sort of... I have wrestled. I am a Booker. I know the difference.

Your analogy is terrible. They would only be similar if the actor playing a cop had now become a real cop and came on the show to talk about his career change.

Not even, unless while he portrayed the cop on the TV show, the fights were actually physical or the shoot outs used real bullets.

Has Punk ever had a real fight other then WWE? Has he ever been in a MMA fight? Not that i know of.

A person that plays a cop on TV is not qualified to give an interview about what real cops do.

I'm sure OTR wasn't booking Punk to discuss the comic he's writing. He's doing a ton of media right now about ufc. TSN draws ratings for wrestling. That's why doofus wanted to talk about wwe but he was condescending immediately. There were plenty of ufc questions he could have asked but I get the impression he isn't a ufc fan.

Has Punk ever had a real fight other then WWE? Has he ever been in a MMA fight? Not that i know of.

I'm sure OTR wasn't booking Punk to discuss the comic he's writing. He's doing a ton of media right now about ufc. TSN draws ratings for wrestling. That's why doofus wanted to talk about wwe but he was condescending immediately. There were plenty of ufc questions he could have asked but I get the impression he isn't a ufc fan.

And this is where we disagree.

Punk is not in the UFC and is not a UFC fighter.

Maybe hes going to be.....  But at the point of this interview as far as i know hes not signed to fight or had a fight in the UFC so how can he comment or talk about it?

What he can talk about and comment on is... the WWE    because hes done it.

Punk is a former pro wrestler. That's his schtick too. To be an ass.

I wouldnt say that at all.  Part of being a professional wrestler is marketing.  Many of them are very good public speakers and understand the important of a good interview.  CM Punk knows how to market himself but I thought the only thing worse than his behaviour was Landsberg's.  It might annoy Punk to do interviews, but then he should decline to do them.  He was certainly not in the mood to banter or give answers beyond one or two word replies.  He was clearly annoyed with discussing wrestling, though if he knew Landsberg at all, he'd know hes a big mark so it was to be expected. 

On the other hand Landsberg was delivering his questions to get a pre-desired response and Punk was having none of it.  It was clear he was hoping for dirt on WWE.  The gag video they played was absolutely insulting to Punk and you could tell he was ready to leave right there.  And Landsberg had the "you used to be a wrestler so you cant take yourself too seriously" line in his pocket ready to use because he knew they were pushing Punk's buttons with the stupid video.

But ultimately, Landsberg looked like an unprofessional jackass

That's Landsberg's schtick... ;)

Thing is, UFC wants Punk doing all this media. That's part of the deal. That's why UFC is willing to take hear about signing a non fighter. Because it's worth a lot of money to them. Punk is an international star. They want the media. So punk doesn't have much choice in doing the media rounds. He's repersenting his current employer not his old one.

Thing is, UFC wants Punk doing all this media. That's part of the deal. That's why UFC is willing to take hear about signing a non fighter. Because it's worth a lot of money to them. Punk is an international star. They want the media. So punk doesn't have much choice in doing the media rounds. He's repersenting his current employer not his old one.

Well i dont know.

UFC dont need Punk im guessing. Its done well on its own without him and its not going to change with him.

I figure he gets a beating.

The UFC is trending downwards since many of their biggest stars (GSP, Lesnar, Anderson Silva for example) have either retired, taken a "hiatus" or are at the end of their career.  The PPV & TV numbers reflect that so they do need a guy like Punk who will get people talking again (this thread is a good example of that).

There's a high likelihood that he does get his ass beat, but that's all up to the UFC and whether or not they feed him a can or feed him to the lions.  Either way, people will tune in and that's more money for them.

The UFC is trending downwards since many of their biggest stars (GSP, Lesnar, Anderson Silva for example) have either retired, taken a "hiatus" or are at the end of their career.  The PPV & TV numbers reflect that so they do need a guy like Punk who will get people talking again (this thread is a good example of that).

There's a high likelihood that he does get his ass beat, but that's all up to the UFC and whether or not they feed him a can or feed him to the lions.  Either way, people will tune in and that's more money for them.

Really? LOL   Good grief

Gracie maybe?   Lets be real here.

And thats exactly the point Landsberg was making.

Has Punk ever have some dude really come at him to punch him to hurt him.    ... Not hit to have a show....  But actually have a guy come to hurt him. Beat his ass in real life not a story line. 

Really? LOL   Good grief

Say what you want about him, but Lesnar was a legit star for them.  He already had name brand recognition and he fought some of the best in the world with next to no experience.  He fought current or former world champions in 4 of his 8 pro fights (while winning the belt for himself & defending it twice).  He was a huge ratings draw for them (he headlined or co-headlined 3 of the top 5 selling PPV's the UFC ever had).

Gracie was never a huge selling point for the UFC (comparatively speaking).  Other than the fight against Hughes, his days as the main star were so long ago (and way before they started doing huge ppv numbers), he is pretty irrelevant to the current product.

The UFC is trending downwards since many of their biggest stars (GSP, Lesnar, Anderson Silva for example) have either retired, taken a "hiatus" or are at the end of their career. The PPV & TV numbers reflect that so they do need a guy like Punk who will get people talking again (this thread is a good example of that).

There's a high likelihood that he does get his ass beat, but that's all up to the UFC and whether or not they feed him a can or feed him to the lions. Either way, people will tune in and that's more money for them.

And thats exactly the point Landsberg was making.

Has Punk ever have some dude really come at him to punch him to hurt him. ... Not hit to have a show.... But actually have a guy come to hurt him. Beat his ass in real life not a story line.

Teddy Hart. And by all accounts Punk lost

The UFC is trending downwards since many of their biggest stars (GSP, Lesnar, Anderson Silva for example) have either retired, taken a "hiatus" or are at the end of their career. The PPV & TV numbers reflect that so they do need a guy like Punk who will get people talking again (this thread is a good example of that).

There's a high likelihood that he does get his ass beat, but that's all up to the UFC and whether or not they feed him a can or feed him to the lions. Either way, people will tune in and that's more money for them.

Really? LOL Good grief

Gracie maybe? Lets be real here.

Say what you want about him, but Lesnar was a legit star for them. He already had name brand recognition and he fought some of the best in the world with next to no experience. He fought current or former world champions in 4 of his 8 pro fights (while winning the belt for himself & defending it twice). He was a huge ratings draw for them (he headlined or co-headlined 3 of the top 5 selling PPV's the UFC ever had).

Gracie was never a huge selling point for the UFC (comparatively speaking). Other than the fight against Hughes, his days as the main star were so long ago (and way before they started doing huge ppv numbers), he is pretty irrelevant to the current product.

Brock was not only a huge star as a money draw (he was) but also a legit excellent fighter with tremendous credentials. Two time NCAA champion. Yes he was a pro wrestler but that doesn't deminish his fighting athletic ability whatsoever. Furthermore he struggled with diverticulitis his entire UFC career and couldn't train properly.

Really? LOL   Good grief

Say what you want about him, but Lesnar was a legit star for them.  He already had name brand recognition and he fought some of the best in the world with next to no experience.  He fought current or former world champions in 4 of his 8 pro fights (while winning the belt for himself & defending it twice).  He was a huge ratings draw for them (he headlined or co-headlined 3 of the top 5 selling PPV's the UFC ever had).

Gracie was never a huge selling point for the UFC (comparatively speaking).  Other than the fight against Hughes, his days as the main star were so long ago (and way before they started doing huge ppv numbers), he is pretty irrelevant to the current product.

Dude....  Its not a story. Its not about creating a fake story line to get ratings.

Gracie wasent a huge selling point because thats not what its about.

Your all about ratings .....  These guys in the UFC are about fighting.

Let the UFC promote the fights..  its their job.

The fighters should fight. 

Really? LOL Good grief

Say what you want about him, but Lesnar was a legit star for them. He already had name brand recognition and he fought some of the best in the world with next to no experience. He fought current or former world champions in 4 of his 8 pro fights (while winning the belt for himself & defending it twice). He was a huge ratings draw for them (he headlined or co-headlined 3 of the top 5 selling PPV's the UFC ever had).

Gracie was never a huge selling point for the UFC (comparatively speaking). Other than the fight against Hughes, his days as the main star were so long ago (and way before they started doing huge ppv numbers), he is pretty irrelevant to the current product.

Brock was not only a huge star as a money draw (he was) but also a legit excellent fighter with tremendous credentials. Two time NCAA champion. Yes he was a pro wrestler but that doesn't deminish his fighting athletic ability whatsoever. Furthermore he struggled with diverticulitis his entire UFC career and couldn't train properly.

Then he shouldnt have done it.

Brock was used.   Then got his ass handed to him.

Really? LOL   Good grief

Dude....  Its not a story. Its not about creating a fake story line to get ratings.

Where did I say anything about a fake story line?

Gracie wasn't  a draw because there was no audience, not because of his ability. 

It's also a business and that often takes priority over the sports side of things.  The UFC is all about the ratings (if they weren't, we wouldn't be having this discussion and CM Punk would not have a UFC contract).  They promote the fights and fighters that will make them the most money, not necessarily the best fights possible.

The fighter should (and do) fight but they also need to sell the fight if they want to be a star and make money.  Some fighters (Chael Sonnen, for example) truly understand that & can make it happen, while other guys (like the Diaz brothers) don't, but get pissed off when the UFC gives them **** for not doing enough.

Really? LOL Good grief

Then he shouldnt have done it.

Brock was used. Then got his ass handed to him.

He was already world champion when he was diagnosed. He wasn't used at all. He was legitimately the world heavyweight champion. He beat up guys. And he got beat. No excuses. But he made many millions of dollars.

And his wwe deal is up in April. UFC will be talking to him about a return.

As mentioned before... in the heavy weight division out side of maybe 5 or so guys most of the HW's are absolutely useless and anyone with athletic ability can dominate despite having limited skills.  

I am pretty sure Brock could come in and wipe out nearly every hw the UFC has outside of the top 5 guys.  

Really? LOL   Good grief

Where did I say anything about a fake story line?

Gracie wasn't  a draw because there was no audience, not because of his ability. 

It's also a business and that often takes priority over the sports side of things.  The UFC is all about the ratings (if they weren't, we wouldn't be having this discussion and CM Punk would not have a UFC contract).  They promote the fights and fighters that will make them the most money, not necessarily the best fights possible.

The fighter should (and do) fight but they also need to sell the fight if they want to be a star and make money.  Some fighters (Chael Sonnen, for example) truly understand that & can make it happen, while other guys (like the Diaz brothers) don't, but get pissed off when the UFC gives them **** for not doing enough.

You keep talking about the draw and fame of it as a WWE fan should.  Thats kool

Im talking guys that could care less and just want to kick ass.

True fighters?  Brock aint even freaking close to the best.  He aint even in the convo.

The UFC has too many PPV's. I think that's why it's trending downward. It's nothing special anymore.