CM Punk Signs with UFC

I watched the Rumble.  I thought it was pretty underwhelming but I wouldn't have been booing Reigns.  Seemed like a lot of sour grapes over people expecting Daniel Bryan to walk away with it.

Cena vs Lesnar vs Rollins was great though.  Rollins really made it a good match.

I'd describe myself as a casual observer. I spend a decent amount of time each week reading dirtsheets and results, just in case ... but I don't watch much anymore. Here's what I felt was wrong with the Rumble.

- Awful storytelling. When the Wyatt Family reunited in the ring, it was kind of a cool moment. Until they had Bray and Harper turn on Rowan after like what ... 10 seconds? What was the point? Build that a bit more, use Rowan to do your bidding a bit (since you so easily manipulated him) and THEN turn on him. Pointless.

- They sandbagged Ziggler, Cesaro, Ryback and Ambrose. Just awful booking. Made them look incredibly weak.

- Incredibly predictable final 3 (or 4, whatever) and in 2015 if Kane / Big Show are in the final four of a Rumble ... you're doing it wrong. How are we supposed to believe either of them had even a minute chance?

- Daniel Bryan. It's like they purposely made him look weak just to piss off the crowd. Eliminate him early, go ahead. I even get the idea of not having him in there very long if he's still not 100% health wise. But at least make his elimination more memorable.

Yep, can't disagree with any of that.

Except the Wyatt stuff.  I don't think it was intended to be a reunion.  I thought Rowan was coming down to fight them both.

I thought so too. Then it looked like for a moment, they were going to reunite. Then it looked like Harper and Rowan were going to go after Bray. Then they attacked Rowan instead. It just made no sense. Total cluster****

Yeah I really didn't know what they were getting at.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those interested, WWE Network launches today on SHAW.  Havent seen which channel yet.

I did read on the SHAW site that customers will not have access to the Over The Top streaming service which is interesting because I was under the impression that that access was done through WWE.com  I also believe that SHAW customers will not have access to any on-demand content at launch.

For $12 its worth it for WrestleMania but the real value is in the archival content.

I have had the free preview on Bell for the past month. Its really good only draw back is they repeat the same programing several times over the course of couple days. With Shaw though you will be able to access on-demand content eventually which although not as big as what is online still a big library.

I have had the free preview on Bell for the past month. Its really good only draw back is they repeat the same programing several times over the course of couple days. With Shaw though you will be able to access on-demand content eventually which although not as big as what is online still a big library.

WWE offers access to their Over The Top service to customers though so that would give you full access to the US version of the Network including all archival content.  Ill have to play with it to make sure I can watch it on TV using a connected device.