Bombers extend Troy Stoudermire

gbill2004

Three years

nice

Penton says 3, but Stoudermire wasn't on any free agent lists, so I wonder if it's really a 2 year extension, if he was already under contract for next season.

It's all semantics, but it'll essentially be them tearing up the existing contract he had for next year, rewriting it and adding 2 years.

More money next year in return for an extra two years of commitment by the player.

Three years

nice

Penton says 3, but Stoudermire wasn't on any free agent lists, so I wonder if it's really a 2 year extension, if he was already under contract for next season.

It's all semantics, but it'll essentially be them tearing up the existing contract he had for next year, rewriting it and adding 2 years.

More money next year in return for an extra two years of commitment by the player.

That sounds about right.

Hopefully they can sit down with Willy and work a extension out with him. Sometimes getting these extensions done just as important as getting guys resign. Allows for more cost certainty going into the future.

Any idea what his current contract term is?

I know he was signed to a contract last off season when we traded for him, but no idea what the term was.  I assume it was at least 2 years and that he is under contract for next year.

The green guys are kicking their arse all over the place for letting Stoud get away. Their return game sux and more than one person in riderville has questioned that move. Nice to get Troy under contract for the foreseeable future. Denmark now Stoudermire ...keep em coming Walters.