Depth Chart - Willy out

fan4life

During today's presser O'Shea said Unamba is starting over Dunn to get bigger guys in the lineup to stop the run. Sigh. Too bad it took up until game 16 to figure that out.

Who said Etch can't make adjustments to his philosophy .. :)

I know but why did it take 15 games to start making adjustments? That's a little depressing that O'Shea/Etch are just figuring this out now.

This could be the best lineup they've started all season, less Willy of course.

I thought that about our D when I looked at the depth chart. Other than missing Anderson at DT, this is probably the best defensive lineup we've put on the field. No excuses on that side of the ball tomorrow.

I won't say that about our O though.

looks to me it's more a case of Dunn has been kind of invisible lately and Unamaba has done good work on special teams and earned a shot at linebacker.

Well listen to O'Shea's interview. First thing he said is he wants bigger guys there to stop the run.

OShea tends to speak diplomatically about all his players.  Giving a positive about Unamba rather than a negative about Dunn would be how he prefers to do things.

Are they trying to get into the playoffs, or are they looking at players or both?

If Brohm looks good, our qb problems might be over.

Thought I saw 57 getting beaten a few times the other day. 

go Bombers!

This statement has me puzzled.

edit

Are they trying to get into the playoffs, or are they looking at players or both?

go Bombers!

Maybe he mean we have a legit QB (Willy) and an able backup (Brohm) jus t like the Stamps.

thanks, that's what I meant. 

looks to me it's more a case of Dunn has been kind of invisible lately and Unamaba has done good work on special teams and earned a shot at linebacker.

Well listen to O'Shea's interview. First thing he said is he wants bigger guys there to stop the run.

OShea tends to speak diplomatically about all his players. Giving a positive about Unamba rather than a negative about Dunn would be how he prefers to do things.

I didn't take "bigger" as a positive. But maybe that's how you interpret it.

During today's presser O'Shea said Unamba is starting over Dunn to get bigger guys in the lineup to stop the run. Sigh. Too bad it took up until game 16 to figure that out.

Are we sure it's Etch making this call?  Me thinks O'Shea may be taking the bull by the horn a bit.

OShea tends to speak diplomatically about all his players. Giving a positive about Unamba rather than a negative about Dunn would be how he prefers to do things.

It's an answer to the question that is both valid and doesn't speak negatively about one of his players.

It's an answer to the question that is both valid and doesn't speak negatively about one of his players.

Exactly. And seems to question Etch's defensive philosophy all season.

Exactly. And seems to question Etch's defensive philosophy all season.

nah just look at it as OShea not coming out and saying "yeah Dunn hasn't been good lately" instead he simply does what he has done all year and protect his players from criticism in public. This really just looks to me like rewarding good special teams play, and there's nothing wrong with that. 

Are we sure it's Etch making this call?  Me thinks O'Shea may be taking the bull by the horn a bit.

Could be that Miller got involved and told O'Shea that he was delusional about making the playoffs and that it was time to shake things up and start getting ready for next year.

go Bombers!

Maybe he mean we have a legit QB (Willy) and an able backup (Brohm) jus t like the Stamps.

I'm not 100 % sure on Willy  as he has regressed quite a bit  the past several games which I hope we can chalk up to playing hurt and poor game plan and shell shock and Brohm when we spot the other team 40 points hasn't looked bad ??? QB problems over lol. I'm not sure we couldn't handpick the top 2 QB 's in the league with our oline and Offensive coordinator and still not have major problems no matter who it is, they would take a beating.   I appreciate the fact someone still has some enthusiasm though.  At least ,they are tinkering and experimenting, interviewing somewhat for next year.

How many other QB's would have taken the beating he has this year so far? It is amazing the guy is still in one piece. If we put him through the same kind of crap next year the chances are very good we loose him in the FA. Who in their right mind would choose to stay and have their career cut short because of excessive punishment. Also aching all over might result in regression.

I think we have a diamond in Willy and would hope we save him.

Capabilities of the inserts? If they were capable why haven't they played sooner? Looking at the o line for tonight who is the back up OT if one of them go down? Would you seriously risk Willy having to play behind that group?

Actually you have no idea how they're going to play...maybe bad, maybe good...Willy has obviously been playing behind the worst, so what difference is there? At least one of them hasn't played sooner because he wasn't here....get it?