Riders @ Als

Jacquie

So do the Riders save their best games for when they play us?    

I'm sorry, I can't cheer for the Riders no matter how it might benefit our playoff chances.     Ain't gonna happen.   Watching them lose just puts the biggest  smile on my face and it's almost better than watching my WBB's win.      

Yup, I don't know how anyone who's a bomber fan can't think this is funny.

Haven't been over to riderfans yet today but I hope they start yelling out of desperation to put KJ in lol, I'm gonna laugh my head off if they do.

Just stopped by, it is full force anger at everything.

Just took a look now as well. Couldn't believe their game day thread is up to page 52. LOL

Zontar, on 13 Oct 2014 - 4:02 PM, said:

Scapegoat Cortez. Protect Chamblin and Taman at all cost. See page one of Rider fan manual

Yup this is what I was speaking of, they are defending a horse**** QB and blaming an OC with one of the most polished resumes in the CFL for it.  It's comical though, if Cortez goes, they are screwed.

Zontar, on 13 Oct 2014 - 4:02 PM, said:

Scapegoat Cortez. Protect Chamblin and Taman at all cost. See page one of Rider fan manual

Yup this is what I was speaking of, they are defending a horse**** QB and blaming an OC with one of the most polished resumes in the CFL for it.  It's comical though, if Cortez goes, they are screwed.

If Cortez goes then the Blue should sign him at any cost...

Brandon, on 13 Oct 2014 - 4:26 PM, said:

USABomberfan, on 13 Oct 2014 - 4:04 PM, said:

Zontar, on 13 Oct 2014 - 4:02 PM, said:Zontar, on 13 Oct 2014 - 4:02 PM, said:

If Cortez goes then the Blue should sign him at any cost...

I think there is something we gotta be careful of though, when it comes to "grass is greener" with other OCs that I was just thinking of today.  I'm not disagreeing that I'd love having Cortez here calling the shots, but I think we gotta take care before flaming Rider fans for being upset with him.

I think for anyone, it's said that the best OCs are the ones who have the most imagination and creativity in their playbook.  I think for us we would say, Cortez is a creative imaginative genius while Marcel Bellefeuille has none of that.  While for the Rider fans they're upset because they believe he got outsmarted by Ryan Dinwiddie and Jeff Garcia yesterday and didn't use his imagination at all in that playbook.  While to us, no he didn't, he's a great OC who just has bad QBs in the camp right now who can't execute any of his plays.  At the same time, I tend to think our O-line is so bad right now that neither Cortez nor Bellefeuille could execute their plays with us either.  That doesn't change what happened to either of our teams yesterday, but the Rider fans may have some truth in what they're saying about Cortez not making some adaptations in his playbook from Durant to Sunseri.

I also think we gotta take care of saying plays simply don't work because there was no creativity in the way they were implemented.  You could come up with some of the most insane packages to get the ball in the hands of your speedsters, but if there is no blocking, or strength to execute the play, it will not work plain and simple.  If Stefan Logan got no blocking for the packages in which BC uses him in, the same story would unfold there.  Same thing for Cornish in Calgary or Millanovich's stuff in TO.

But that said, this is why I believe Chamblin, Taman, and the rest of the Rider management is gonna keep Cortez, because they know their fans are not qualified to make decisions on who stays or who goes on that coaching staff.  If he does go, then hey yes let's bring him in, but trust me, I'm more than certain they have no intention of cutting him based on what some disgruntled Rider fans say on the Rider board.