Shane Horton released in Toronto

Mike

@TSNScianitti: #Argos have released LB Shane Horton after he requested to be released earlier this wk. Team gave him time to think & he was sure #CFL

@TSNScianitti: Horton was set to be a FA this offseason & #Argos tried to sign extension. But he didnt sound sure of his future when we spoke wks ago #CFL

@TSNScianitti: And I'm hearing Horton has already been in contact w players on other teams - esp #Ticats -attempting to feel out other situations #CFL

@TSNScianitti: His playing time and his role appear to reasons why Shane Horton's time ended w #Argos #CFL

@TSNScianitti: #Argos have released LB Shane Horton after he requested to be released earlier this wk. Team gave him time to think & he was sure #CFL

@TSNScianitti: Horton was set to be a FA this offseason & #Argos tried to sign extension. But he didnt sound sure of his future when we spoke wks ago #CFL

@TSNScianitti: And I'm hearing Horton has already been in contact w players on other teams - esp #Ticats -attempting to feel out other situations #CFL

@TSNScianitti: His playing time and his role appear to reasons why Shane Horton's time ended w #Argos #CFL

I'd take him over Desia Dunn in a second. But my guess is he probably goes to Saskatchewan.

I'd take him over Desia Dunn in a second. But my guess is he probably goes to Saskatchewan.

please explain why Sask

please explain why Sask

Because I'm guessing.

Forgive me, but I don't know anything about this guy. Is he good? Canadian? If so, why would Toronto release so he can sign with another team just because he asked nicely?  Why not a trade?

I didn't think professional sports worked this way. Kevin Glenn must be confused too.

Forgive me, but I don't know anything about this guy. Is he good? Canadian? If so, why would Toronto release so he can sign with another team just because he asked nicely?  Why not a trade?

I didn't think professional sports worked this way. Kevin Glenn must be confused too.

Jim Barker loves releasing players who request it - makes him feel like he's giving back to the community.

Maybe, just maybe, he might be better than Kuale. But then there are people in personal care homes who probably are.

ha ha yeah good point - saying he "might" be better than Kuale is like slapping him in the face while kneeing him in the nuts. Right now a traffic cone would be an upgrade on Kuale.