FNF - Montreal @ Ottawa / Sask. @ Edmonton

Mr Dee

hope springs eternal for the homer.

BC put up a whopping 7 pts on the Stamps. Cgy lost to Mtl. Any team can beat anyone on any given day. Riders have a good team, sorry but that is a fact.

Let me guess, you wrote off the Riders last year during their 4 game losing streak?

Was Durant hurt during that stretch last season? If not, I don't see the comparison.

Blame Cortez. The 'ol stand by when you're too proud to criticize Chamblin or Taman.

He obviously should have called the plays that the Esks couldn't stop! what a moran. 

Cortez has been terrible lately. I would not be disappointed if he lost his job. 

Yeah fire arguably the best OC in the league because a backup qb in his first chances to start doesn't look good... the things some of you say. If you fired Cortez there would be a lineup of teams picking him up. 

Blame Cortez. The 'ol stand by when you're too proud to criticize Chamblin or Taman.

He obviously should have called the plays that the Esks couldn't stop! what a moran. 

Cortez has been terrible lately. I would not be disappointed if he lost his job. 

Yeah fire arguably the best OC in the league because a backup qb in his first chances to start doesn't look good... the things some of you say. If you fired Cortez there would be a lineup of teams picking him up. 

And the answer to the QBs struggles isn't to do the same play calls every possession.

The answer probably isn't to fire him, but he needs to pick up his socks.

And the answer to the QBs struggles isn't to do the same play calls every possession.

Sunseri doesn't look like he can execute a wide variety of plays.  Not the first rookie QB who struggled mightily, nor will he be the last.  It's all about how you perform once the rest of the teams have some film of you.

What plays are there when the qb can't hit his receivers and the OL is getting beaten and the run game can't be established? Football is a pretty simple game, it really does comes down to execution. Qb makes his throws and the OC is a genius, qb misses his targets the OC is a moron. No Cortez is the least of the Riders problems. Welcome to life with a wet behind the ears qb. 

BC put up a whopping 7 pts on the Stamps. Cgy lost to Mtl. Any team can beat anyone on any given day. Riders have a good team, sorry but that is a fact.

Let me guess, you wrote off the Riders last year during their 4 game losing streak?

Was Durant hurt during that stretch last season? If not, I don't see the comparison.

Going by the majority of the comments on here before Durant got hurt, he isn't all that valuable. Funny how that works hey?

I wouldht say he's been terrible, justs awefully stubborn. He will come around & realize he can't run the regular offence with 2 newbies.

Going by the majority of the comments on here before Durant got hurt, he isn't all that valuable. Funny how that works hey?

I'll only say this once:

Durant is who he is.  He's a QB who tends to throw a lot of floaters, but that doesn't matter when he has speedy receivers who will catch just about anything.  Ever since he's been there, the Riders have had a very good OL and running game.  Durant has been more of a game manager who was capable of throwing long strikes to guys like Dressler.  All of that being said, without Durant managing the game and being a deep ball threat, the Riders are just not very good.  Some have said that all Sunseri has to do is 'manage the game.'  That's far easier said than done.  

He's probably more valuable at extending drives with his legs and improvising than any other qb in the league, and probably the hardest to bring down that I have ever seen. He'll never be considered an elite qb like Ray or Calvillo though, he's sand lot all the way.

Who cares what style of play a QB has, if he's effective game after game he's elite, I still say Damon Allen was the best QB ever to play in the CFL. Definitely the hardest to defend against.

you are wrong. Damon Allen was too inconsistent a passer to be considered the best in the CFL. Now a guy like Flutie, he could run very effectively and was a great passer as well, that's why he's pretty unanimously considered the best to ever play in the CFL. 

Oh, that Cortez ego and stubborness...

. Is it time for the HC, you know, the guy supposedly runs the team, to step in and do something or does that constitute criticism and therefore blasphemy ? what's a Rider fan to do ?

I am sure there's an official Rider fan flowchart of blame out there somewhere. 

Cortez is the designated goat.

Chamblin and Taman have been placed on pedestals so high you need a telescope to see.

Big question is when they get around to going after the scapegoat of bygone days, Richie Hall.

Madani just tweeted the Riders offered a 1st rounder + for Burris and the redblacks turned them down. I wonder if they turn that down if DeMarco wasn't out for the season?

with the Riders being as desperate as they are Ottawa should be trying to bend them over as much as possible. Starting Canadian, Sunseri and that first round pick or GTFO.

Desjardins should be sitting calmly in his office with the realization that he can now right his earlier mistake, and dump Burris.

Burris was never going to provide a championship and his big-name signing's lustre has been eradicated.

He can now get something for Burris.

Make them pay Marcel, make them pay.