With Willy we challenge the Riders for fourth, without him we finish 5th

IC Khari

well you certainly hope so but what if he plays a couple more games that shitty? If he looked rattled by the pressure what's to stop teams from just sending pressure after him and waiting for mistakes? I would also like to point out that something you rider fans don't want to admit is that it's not just one bad game, he looked poor against Winnipeg as well so it's 1 and a bit games, in a row, that he looked poor.

I don't think he looked poor at all against Winnipeg, he did what a backup is supposed to do. Manage & win the game.

And like I said already, if he plays again like he did yesterday they put in Doege who's also taking 1st team reps in practice. I think Cortez's record speaks for itself, he knows what he's got.

you are letting the final result cloud your judgement. He was 2 of 5 passing. That's not good at all. He is fortunate that his defense got a turnover late in the game or you might be on a 2 game losing streak because the backup qb can't get the offense going.
A win is a win, against the Lions & Bombers he didn't do anything to hurt his team. Thank the Lord he wasn't throwing a bunch of 4thquarter INTs. ;)

He got stopped twice in the dying minutes to give the Bombers chances to win... Isn't that doing something to hurt his team? That the Bombers failed to capitalize is nothing to do with Sunseri. Stop being a homer and admit that the only time Sunseri actually did look good was in that BC game. He was fortunate against Winnipeg that his defense bailed him out and he was **** against Hamilton.

Fortunate? Do you really want to start using that word when talking QBs?

Nope. Not going to get dragged into a bickerfest.. Willy wasnt the QB of discussion so bringing him in as context is simply a backhanded insult because you feel like we are insulting tino..

Check the thread title. ;)

Cuz for the last page and a half its been about willy..

Smh.

Don't know why i feel the need to ask this, but... What the hell do the rider fans expect Cortez to say? Yeah you know with durant out ,we are ******... we are so screwed, our backups are total crap. Man, i'm going to have to redesign the entire offence now because these quarterbacks don't even understand what the C in CFL means. Seriously? Of course he is going to say what he said, just like last year and the year before our coaches said oh yeah buck pierce? oh yeah max hall? oh yeah justin goltz? oh yeah alex brink? oh yeah joey elliott, For sure we are confident in them but bet your ass reality is they were pulling out every last remaining piece of hair they had when they had to play these guys. Of course coaches are going to try to stroke the young qb's ego a wee bit, he's not gonna come out and say we are screwed, he's going to say i believe in him, but reality is, whether he believes in them or not is irrelevant, it doesn't change the fact that his hand is being forced and he's forced to play one of them because durant is hurt for the season. He's done. There are no other options out there regardless of if you think Troy Smith is an option, He isn't, he sucks worse than sunseri really.

Fact is, riders have no choice but to play these guys so of course the coaches have faith in them, if the coaches didn't have faith in them, they wouldn't be very good coaches.

Good point, and they wouldn't be here in the first place if they didn't like their skill sets.

Nope. Not going to get dragged into a bickerfest.. Willy wasnt the QB of discussion so bringing him in as context is simply a backhanded insult because you feel like we are insulting tino..

Smh.

So you don't like threads that go back on topic?

I wish on our next game against the Ham, the Bombers dont stay too much with 1 QB.

If Brohm can't make it happen in the first half, make a change and give the second half to Marve.

Depends really. What if the receivers are dropping balls? What if Brohm is getting crushed back there on every play because our Oline sucks. Lots of variables here, I'm sure with a few practice days Brohm will look better, If not, then next man up for sure but gotta give him some time to show what he's got or doesn't have. Don't think you know that after a half of football unless the guy looks totally lost out there. 

I would let Brohm stay under center, as long as he can get some first downs even if the O can't score.

Otherwise, sit him and it's Marve's time.

I wish on our next game against the Ham, the Bombers dont stay too much with 1 QB.

If Brohm can't make it happen in the first half, make a change and give the second half to Marve.

Depends really. What if the receivers are dropping balls? What if Brohm is getting crushed back there on every play because our Oline sucks. Lots of variables here, I'm sure with a few practice days Brohm will look better, If not, then next man up for sure but gotta give him some time to show what he's got or doesn't have. Don't think you know that after a half of football unless the guy looks totally lost out there. 

I would let Brohm stay under center, as long as he can get some first downs even if the O can't score.

Otherwise, sit him and it's Marve's time.

Probably not, Brohm will get a game or so to show what he can do, with a week of practice or so he should be better, Can't throw the guy under the bus like that, guess some have learned nothing from all the other qb's we have thrown under buses after their first start in the league. If Brohm looks terrible, sure marve can go in but that's not just all on brohm, it's on the other guys on the field too. 

Ok lemme rephrase.. He wasnt the QB of discussion post massive thread jack.. But now sunseri is being discussed and using willy as a measuring stick is kind of fruitless.. Hes led how many 4th quarter comebacks now?

Same amount of 4th quarter comebacks as Willy after his first start. ;)

Im talking about willy, this season, do try to keep up.. Sunseri, a backup, is not comparable to willy, the starter..

Smh.

So you don't like threads that go back on topic?

I know you are but what am i?

*This scenario all depends on if Drew is not hurt as badly as we may have feared on Saturday night

The Riders appear to be in deep doo doo because of their QB situation, and so are we without Willy. We know the Riders won't have their starter for the rest of the regular season so ... if Drew can play and we get some of our injuries back I believe we can make a run at fourth in the West. The Riders have as bad if not worse of a schedule than ours and other than Ottawa I wonder who Tino can actually beat? making the Riders miss the playoffs would be sweet and I like our chances crossing over better than going West. When are we going to hear about Drew's prognosis anyway?

edit* there's still a chance

Great news for blue bombers--No major structural damage to Drew willys shoulder. He's considered week to week, although unlikely for sept27

It's WPG vs B.C. for 4th.

Such is life we finish 5th and out of the playoffs BUT we would be in 1st place in the East and THEN we'll see where those separate division lovers are.

*This scenario all depends on if Drew is not hurt as badly as we may have feared on Saturday night

The Riders appear to be in deep doo doo because of their QB situation, and so are we without Willy. We know the Riders won't have their starter for the rest of the regular season so ... if Drew can play and we get some of our injuries back I believe we can make a run at fourth in the West. The Riders have as bad if not worse of a schedule than ours and other than Ottawa I wonder who Tino can actually beat? making the Riders miss the playoffs would be sweet and I like our chances crossing over better than going West. When are we going to hear about Drew's prognosis anyway?

Great news for blue bombers--No major structural damage to Drew willys shoulder. He's considered week to week, although unlikely for sept27

Such is life we finish 5th and out of the playoffs BUT we would be in 1st place in the East and THEN we'll see where those separate division lovers are.

I really like BC's chances at 3rd right now. They have the season series over the RIders and the Riders are in big trouble offensively right now. I would say that the battle for 4th will be between us and Regina.

Ok lemme rephrase.. He wasnt the QB of discussion post massive thread jack.. But now sunseri is being discussed and using willy as a measuring stick is kind of fruitless.. Hes led how many 4th quarter comebacks now?

Same amount of 4th quarter comebacks as Willy after his first start. ;)
Im talking about willy, this season, do try to keep up.. Sunseri, a backup, is not comparable to willy, the starter..
Exactly, it's way too early to write off Sunseri after one start.

Sunseri vs Calgary and Edmonton x5?

I have a feeling BC isn't going to have a tough time catching and passing the Riders.  BC shouldn't have too much trouble winning at least 3 of their remaining games, probably should win 4.  Saskatchewan would have to win 2-3 games to match them.

We have to win 3 more games than the Riders in the final 3rd to pass them in the standings.  Not very likely IMO.

Bob Irving@BobIrvingCJOB 11m

I really like BC's chances at 3rd right now. They have the season series over the RIders and the Riders are in big trouble offensively right now. I would say that the battle for 4th will be between us and Regina.
That's possible, thankfully we are essentially 6pts up on you with the season series & you've still played 1 more game than us. If we beat Ottawa at home this weekend, it's essentially 8pts up on you guys b/c we got the season series. :)

Bombers best hope to make playoffs is catching BC.

I have a feeling BC isn't going to have a tough time catching and passing the Riders. BC shouldn't have too much trouble winning at least 3 of their remaining games, probably should win 4. Saskatchewan would have to win 2-3 games to match them.

We have to win 3 more games than the Riders in the final 3rd to pass them in the standings. Not very likely IMO.

Actually it's 4 more games if we beat Ottawa this weekend.

I have a feeling BC isn't going to have a tough time catching and passing the Riders. BC shouldn't have too much trouble winning at least 3 of their remaining games, probably should win 4. Saskatchewan would have to win 2-3 games to match them.

We have to win 3 more games than the Riders in the final 3rd to pass them in the standings. Not very likely IMO.

Actually it's 4 more games if we beat Ottawa this weekend.

Bombers have to finish with 3 more wins than the Riders get over the rest of this season, that's what I'm saying, not 3 total.

I wouldn't be surprised if Winnipeg/Sask/BC all ended up with ten wins.

I'd be very surprised if we ended up with 10 wins.  I'd be happy with 3-3 in the last 6, with one of those wins hopefully being the game vs BC.  I don't expect us to do better than 1-2 vs Edmonton and Calgary, more likely 0-3.

I was thinking victories against Hamilton, Ottawa, BC and one of Calgary and Edmonton. Might be a tad optimistic but I think we can do it if Willy is good to go and I think that's what it's going to take to make the playoffs. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Winnipeg/Sask/BC all ended up with ten wins.

I'd be very surprised if we ended up with 10 wins.  I'd be happy with 3-3 in the last 6, with one of those wins hopefully being the game vs BC.  I don't expect us to do better than 1-2 vs Edmonton and Calgary, more likely 0-3.

I was thinking victories against Hamilton, Ottawa, BC and one of Calgary and Edmonton. Might be a tad optimistic but I think we can do it if Willy is good to go and I think that's what it's going to take to make the playoffs. 

We have all been awfully down on our team for the last few weeks, and I get why. But we have a good team. We need to be better but if we are we can compete with anyone. There is no reason we should be handing out losses to anyone. We may not win them all but I strongly believe that we should not be conceding losses to any team before the game is played. We have as much potential of having a late season winning streak as anyone...well, except the Riders...they are screwed.