With Willy we challenge the Riders for fourth, without him we finish 5th

IC Khari

Like I said, homer of the highest order.

Not at all. If Sunseri continues to play like he did yesterday then you may have a point, but like many QBs before him, you can't judge after a QBs first game as a starter because then guys like Calvillo, Allen, & Willy would've never seen Game 2. If it doesn't work out with Tino then Doege or Price will step in. One of the greatest QB/offence minds in this leagues history (Cortez) says that Tino has what it takes, Chamblin said this morning that they aren't bringing in any other QBs, that tells me they think they can win with what we got. I think CC & GC know what they're doing.

That tells me there is NOBODY out there who they can bring in. Seriously, name a guy, You can't because he doesn't exist. Burris? NOPE. not happening. Is there some experience backup qb out there that nobody is aware of? if it doesn't work out with Tino then it won't work out with the other 2 either, those guys are greener than goose crap too.

There are QBs out there with winning experience that could be brought in, ie Troy Smith.

That said, I seem to remember the 3rd string QB in Toronto last year leap frogging the backup so you cannot say for certain that Price or Doege would do worse if called upon. That's why they play the games.

well you certainly hope so but what if he plays a couple more games that shitty? If he looked rattled by the pressure what's to stop teams from just sending pressure after him and waiting for mistakes? I would also like to point out that something you rider fans don't want to admit is that it's not just one bad game, he looked poor against Winnipeg as well so it's 1 and a bit games, in a row, that he looked poor.

I don't think he looked poor at all against Winnipeg, he did what a backup is supposed to do. Manage & win the game.

And like I said already, if he plays again like he did yesterday they put in Doege who's also taking 1st team reps in practice. I think Cortez's record speaks for itself, he knows what he's got.

well you certainly hope so but what if he plays a couple more games that shitty? If he looked rattled by the pressure what's to stop teams from just sending pressure after him and waiting for mistakes? I would also like to point out that something you rider fans don't want to admit is that it's not just one bad game, he looked poor against Winnipeg as well so it's 1 and a bit games, in a row, that he looked poor.

I don't think he looked poor at all against Winnipeg, he did what a backup is supposed to do. Manage & win the game.

And like I said already, if he plays again like he did yesterday they put in Doege who's also taking 1st team reps in practice. I think Cortez's record speaks for itself, he knows what he's got.

He looked poor against Winnipeg. He barely managed to hang onto what should have been a pretty safe lead. You truly are viewing him through green goggles. He came close to costing you guys the game.

He looked poor against Winnipeg. He barely managed to hang onto what should have been a pretty safe lead. You truly are viewing him through green goggles. He came close to costing you guys the game. That wasn't managing and winning a game, you guys were in full hanging on by the fingernails and hopefully the clock will rescue us mode.

I wish on our next game against the Ham, the Bombers dont stay too much with 1 QB.

If Brohm can't make it happen in the first half, make a change and give the second half to Marve.

Depends really. What if the receivers are dropping balls? What if Brohm is getting crushed back there on every play because our Oline sucks. Lots of variables here, I'm sure with a few practice days Brohm will look better, If not, then next man up for sure but gotta give him some time to show what he's got or doesn't have. Don't think you know that after a half of football unless the guy looks totally lost out there. 

you are letting the final result cloud your judgement. He was 2 of 5 passing. That's not good at all. He is fortunate that his defense got a turnover late in the game or you might be on a 2 game losing streak because the backup qb can't get the offense going. 

He looked poor against Winnipeg. He barely managed to hang onto what should have been a pretty safe lead. You truly are viewing him through green goggles. He came close to costing you guys the game.

....yeah and Willy cost you guys 3 games against us with late turnovers. Sunseri held the lead.

So barely managing to hang onto a game is worse than losing games for your team in the 4th quarter?

Sample size on Tino is too small, he needs to improve big time this weekend no question.

you are letting the final result cloud your judgement. He was 2 of 5 passing. That's not good at all. He is fortunate that his defense got a turnover late in the game or you might be on a 2 game losing streak because the backup qb can't get the offense going.

A win is a win, against the Lions & Bombers he didn't do anything to hurt his team. Thank the Lord he wasn't throwing a bunch of 4thquarter INTs. ;)

....yeah and Willy cost you guys 3 games against us with late turnovers. Sunseri held the lead.

We aint talking about willy tho are we? Dont try to change the subject..

We aint talking about willy tho are we? Dont try to change the subject..

I'm not changing the subject. Just adding some context to the point that Sunseri won two games in relief of Durant.

So barely managing to hang onto a game is worse than losing games for your team in the 4th quarter?

Sample size on Tino is too small, he needs to improve big time this weekend no question.

The difference between Willy and TIno is that Willy gives us a chance to win. With Sunseri, it is just about limiting the damage he can do. Willy threw some late game ints that cost us wins. He also made some excellent plays that put us in position to have a chance to win. Your game was lost the minute Sunseri was the starter. If we knock out Durant a few minutes earlier we win that game too.

In short, one QB provides his team with a chance to win. The other is simply holding the fort down in hopes other aspects of the team can get it done.

Ok lemme rephrase.. He wasnt the QB of discussion post massive thread jack.. But now sunseri is being discussed and using willy as a measuring stick is kind of fruitless.. Hes led how many 4th quarter comebacks now?

Same amount of 4th quarter comebacks as Willy after his first start. ;)

The difference between Willy and TIno is that Willy gives us a chance to win. With Sunseri, it is just about limiting the damage he can do. Willy threw some late game ints that cost us wins. He also made some excellent plays that put us in position to have a chance to win. Your game was lost the minute Sunseri was the starter. If we knock out Durant a few minutes earlier we win that game too.

Since he's only had one start it is too early to say that Tino doesn't give his team a chance to win. I trust Cortez, as anyone should.

A win is a win, against the Lions & Bombers he didn't do anything to hurt his team. Thank the Lord he wasn't throwing a bunch of 4thquarter INTs. ;)

He got stopped twice in the dying minutes to give the Bombers chances to win... Isn't that doing something to hurt his team? That the Bombers failed to capitalize is nothing to do with Sunseri. Stop being a homer and admit that the only time Sunseri actually did look good was in that BC game. He was fortunate against Winnipeg that his defense bailed him out and he was **** against Hamilton.

Don't know why i feel the need to ask this, but... What the hell do the rider fans expect Cortez to say? Yeah you know with durant out ,we are ******... we are so screwed, our backups are total crap. Man, i'm going to have to redesign the entire offence now because these quarterbacks don't even understand what the C in CFL means. Seriously? Of course he is going to say what he said, just like last year and the year before our coaches said oh yeah buck pierce? oh yeah max hall? oh yeah justin goltz? oh yeah alex brink? oh yeah joey elliott, For sure we are confident in them but bet your ass reality is they were pulling out every last remaining piece of hair they had when they had to play these guys. Of course coaches are going to try to stroke the young qb's ego a wee bit, he's not gonna come out and say we are screwed, he's going to say i believe in him, but reality is, whether he believes in them or not is irrelevant, it doesn't change the fact that his hand is being forced and he's forced to play one of them because durant is hurt for the season. He's done. There are no other options out there regardless of if you think Troy Smith is an option, He isn't, he sucks worse than sunseri really. 

Fact is, riders have no choice but to play these guys so of course the coaches have faith in them, if the coaches didn't have faith in them, they wouldn't be very good coaches.