With Willy we challenge the Riders for fourth, without him we finish 5th

IC Khari

*This scenario all depends on if Drew is not hurt as badly as we may have feared on Saturday night

The Riders appear to be in deep doo doo because of their QB situation, and so are we without Willy. We know the Riders won't have their starter for the rest of the regular season so ... if Drew can play and we get some of our injuries back I believe we can make a run at fourth in the West. The Riders have as bad if not worse of a schedule than ours and other than Ottawa I wonder who Tino can actually beat? making the Riders miss the playoffs would be sweet and I like our chances crossing over better than going West. When are we going to hear about Drew's prognosis anyway?

edit* there's still a chance

Great news for blue bombers--No major structural damage to Drew willys shoulder. He's considered week to week, although unlikely for sept27

Last time I checked the Riders are challenging Calgary for 1st.

They also just lost their starting QB for the rest of the season.  They could conceivably go on a multiple game losing streak now.  The trade for Burris to the Riders isn't happening as Burris has publicly stated he isn't going there. 

We're definitely not out of the playoff hunt yet, but we do need some wins. 

Edmonton and BC will benefit from these starting QB injuries....

Riders are forced to ride the with Sunseri and/or Doege. I wouldn't be surprise if they wont pick up any more wins. They will be up against good defenses in Esks, Stamps and Als.

With a little luck, Willy may be back prior to the game against the Stamps or the Lions

What's the over and under that Tate wont finish the game next week?

why worry about the Riders? Beat the Lions when they come to winnipeg and try and make up that other game on them somewhere and you're set. 

Simply because of QBing, BC has a competent QB and Sask does not. We can make the game up against BC true but I still think the Riders are on the verge of a big tank and they will be the ones we catch.

why worry about the Riders? Beat the Lions when they come to winnipeg and try and make up that other game on them somewhere and you're set. 

Simply because of QBing, BC has a competent QB and Sask does not. We can make the game up against BC true but I still think the Riders are on the verge of a big tank and they will be the ones we catch.

Because the Riders are 2 wins ahead with a game in hand, we don't play them again and they won the season series... meanwhile BC is only 1 win ahead with 1 game in hand AND we play them again with a chance to win the season series against them. Much easier to make up the difference in that situation than trying to chase down a team that is further ahead with the season series in hand already. 

So you missed how losing your qb can change a teams fortunes huh? Well let me help you out.

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/102817/autostart/1

It was one game, our QB needs to be better no question. Thankfully the supporting cast around him is among the most talented in the league. Also with other starting QBs like BLM & Willy out for several games puts the Riders in a better position.

So you missed how losing your qb can change a teams fortunes huh? Well let me help you out.

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/102817/autostart/1

It was one game, our QB needs to be better no question. Thankfully the supporting cast around him is among the most talented in the league. Also with other starting QBs like BLM & Willy out for several games puts the Riders in a better position.

Nice family shot migs.

In all honesty, I can't see the Bombers winning more than 1 games against their western opponents down the stretch, even Hamilton in 2 weeks will be a challenge. As for you guys, no home playoff game this year.

It's still tbd if the Riders have a competent QB to step in, Sunseri didn't look good yesterday but he has shown spurts against BC & Wpg. Also it's tbd if Price or Doege can step in positively if Tino fails, we shall see.

One thing that I am glad about is that our OC has coached some of the best QBs to ever play the game, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

With BLM out & with lots of injuries in CGY they are catchable considering we still have 2 games against them.

Edmonton and BC will benefit from these starting QB injuries....

Riders are forced to ride the with Sunseri and/or Doege. I wouldn't be surprise if they wont pick up any more wins. They will be up against good defenses in Esks, Stamps and Als.

With a little luck, Willy may be back prior to the game against the Stamps or the Lions

What's the over and under that Tate wont finish the game next week?

Reilly has a history of injuries as well, be very interesting to see if he can stay healthy.

except Calgary has Drew Tate who has started and won games in the CFL and looked good doing it. HUGE difference between the Stamps situation and Riders and only a homer of the highest order can't see that.

Drew Tate is himself made of glass and a lot of his teammates can't stand him. He also folds under pressure as evidenced by last years WF. He's got the mental toughness of a bag of jellybeans, sorry but I'd rather stick with what we got.

The Riders aren't doomed because Durant went down, they are doomed  because Sunseri is taking his place. That guy sucks badly. The last young QB I saw struggle so badly with every aspect of the position was Lefors. It would be different if he was getting the little things right but he couldn't even execute a simple drop back. The kid is garbage. Not sure what you saw that got you hopeful yesterday but the rest of the football world saw a fish out of water.

One thing I find amusing is that many nonRiders fans say that Durant is overrated & average at best and then as soon as he's out for the year they say the Riders are doomed. Lol

but I've never said that. Durant has been a winner since he first took over, you don't replace winners that simply. What I find funny is how rider fans were so up in arms about TSN putting Ray as a better player than Durant and now suddenly it doesn't matter, it's the TEAM that is good not the qb. 

Who cares about Saskatchewan.

Let's worry about ourselves and if we take care of business, we'll beat out whoever it happens to be.

Who cares about Saskatchewan? Isn't this a Riders board?

Why else would a thread about how the Bombers are going to do with Willy injured be filled instead with Rider fans talking about how great their team is even with their backup.

Like I said, homer of the highest order.

Not at all. If Sunseri continues to play like he did yesterday then you may have a point, but like many QBs before him, you can't judge after a QBs first game as a starter because then guys like Calvillo, Allen, & Willy would've never seen Game 2. If it doesn't work out with Tino then Doege or Price will step in. One of the greatest QB/offence minds in this leagues history (Cortez) says that Tino has what it takes, Chamblin said this morning that they aren't bringing in any other QBs, that tells me they think they can win with what we got. I think CC & GC know what they're doing.

Like I said, homer of the highest order.

Not at all. If Sunseri continues to play like he did yesterday then you may have a point, but like many QBs before him, you can't judge after a QBs first game as a starter because then guys like Calvillo, Allen, & Willy would've never seen Game 2. If it doesn't work out with Tino then Doege or Price will step in. One of the greatest QB/offence minds in this leagues history (Cortez) says that Tino has what it takes, Chamblin said this morning that they aren't bringing in any other QBs, that tells me they think they can win with what we got. I think CC & GC know what they're doing.

That tells me there is NOBODY out there who they can bring in. Seriously, name a guy, You can't because he doesn't exist. Burris? NOPE. not happening. Is there some experience backup qb out there that nobody is aware of? if it doesn't work out with  Tino then it won't work out with the other 2 either, those guys are greener than goose crap too. 

well you certainly hope so but what if he plays a couple more games that shitty? If he looked rattled by the pressure what's to stop teams from just sending pressure after him and waiting for mistakes? I would also like to point out that something you rider fans don't want to admit is that it's not just one bad game, he looked poor against Winnipeg as well so it's 1 and a bit games, in a row, that he looked poor.