Riders @ Ti-Cats

AtlanticRiderFan

It would be idiotic to not give Sunseri more than one game.

Why do you say that? Doege's been there all year. Look at Toronto last year as an example. Collaros leap frogged the second string Harris despite having less time with the offence. If Tino looks as bad as he did against the TiCats why wouldn't they throw Doege in there? They've both been taking first team snaps.

Why do you say that? Doege's been there all year. Look at Toronto last year as an example. Collaros leap frogged the second string Harris despite having less time with the offence. If Tino looks as bad as he did against the TiCats why wouldn't they throw Doege in there? They've both been taking first team snaps.

It's a confidence thing.

You can't yank guys at the first sign of trouble (doubt and second guessing starts to creep in) .. beyond that, players need to learn to play through adversity .. learn to win ..  learn how to rally .. that only comes when you are forced to deal with those things.

What a shock. Exactly what I said was gonna happen is happening with Tino.

Blah, blah, blah...why do you always need to prove you were right? Blah, blah, blah...it's so exhausting. Blah, blah, blah...
What's wrong with patting yourself on the back? If you make a good call, there's nothing wrong with it.
I agree Perfect. I was was right when I said we'd go 3-0 against you guys this season. ;)

Anyone with half a brain could have predicted that. It's a terrible match-up on both sides of the ball.

careful with your spinning there boys, you might just fly right off the earth.

No spinning. TiCats laid a beating on the Riders. Sunseri likely gets a half, or maybe a game, and then next man up.

Riders were willing to let go of Willy and give Sunseri the keys in this situation.  I'm betting he gets a whole lot more before Doege and/or Price get some reps.

Maybe or maybe not. Fortunately for the Riders there still in pretty good shape as far as making the playoffs go. The Redblacks have a decent defence but their offence is pretty suspect. I suspect that if Sunseri struggles again he will be pulled. FTR, Doege got lots of first team reps prior to the Hamilton game.

so are the Riders be willing to part ways with Sunseri because of Doege?

Sunseri will get his opportunity. IMO the worst thing that happened to Tino was throwing the INT early in the game. He started holding onto the ball far too long following that INT. Let's be honest here though, the way the TiCats played the Riders would have been in tough even with DD starting. Hamilton played a strong game in all three facets.

You mean he played like a rookie with no experience? He turned the ball over and the riders weren't able to play with a lead? No one could have predicted that! Yet here you are still making excuses for something everyone saw coming. Durant was taking care of the ball and completing enough passes to give the defense a break. He goes out and your new qb has bad accuracy and got the yips because the other defense made some plays against him... Exactly what happens when you throw a young qb into the fire. 

Oh, I don't know …just a feeling….

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

mfranc, on 09 Sept 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:snapback.png

Mr Dee, on 09 Sept 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:snapback.png

The inner turmoil for the Rider fan base will be rippling beneath the surface, with the stalk realization that their season, and subsequent reserved title, will all come crashing down.

When that realization bubbles to the surface, there will be panic and whining and finger pointing and angst.

Their 'lost without Durant' panic thread will explode to over 100 posts and may set a new record for posts.

Actually most are okay with Sunseri. There is no replacing Durant but the Riders are a veteran team with a tonne of talent.  Tino doesn't have to force anything.

Yes, but that's because you're in the 'rippling beneath the surface phase'.

Wait…just wait.

Who does IMWT post as on here? That guy acts like a real clown. (Maybe it isn't an act)

No idea, but Rider fans who come onto Bomber forums acting like clowns shouldn't go throwing stones at Bomber fans who post on the Rider home forum. We all read what you have to say over at Riderfans about the Bombers. Don't come looking for sympathy and crying crocodile tears over here if a Bomber fan makes you look bad on your home forum. You come here all trying to give the impression that you're a nice guy but everything you say to Bomber fans and about the Bombers on your home forum is real douchebaggery. Own it.

The Riders offence was a discombobulated mess today. They may not win another game this year if this keeps up. Full panic mode over at Riderfans right now. MFranc is just a frantic mess beaking off some Bomber fan over there. Too funny. Make sure to give him the rough ride if he has the guts to show up here...he had some harsh words about the Bombers over there.

Hey sucka! Always lovely to see the gutless trolls show up and try to cause a ruckus.

Sunseri? He's got to get rid of the frickin ball. Standing around like a statue made the O-line look worse then it was. The TiCat interior defensive line is a beautiful thing (and Nationals too).

Offence and special teams were weak sauce. Defence? They had good coverage but Collaros was squeezing the ball into tight coverage all day with a quick release and good scrambling. This is the Collaros the TiCats wanted to see.

It's going to be tough without DD but there was plenty of blame to go around.

Peace and enjoy the bye week. It'll give you guys a chance to heal up.

Also, note that I wasn't on here acting like a jack ass after the Lion/Bomber game.

PS

Bombers suck

;)

Yes, speaking of gutless trolls, I didn't think you would "bless" us with your presence so soon after that debacle yesterday. I guess as far as trolls go you're not compeletely gutless anyway. As for not coming on here acting like a jackass after the LIons game, I wouldn't pat myself on the back for that. Chances are you knew you would be put in your place if you did. An act of cowardice is not an act of kindness.

Come on over though and keep beaking, you won't find the mods protecting you over here.

No spinning. TiCats laid a beating on the Riders. Sunseri likely gets a half, or maybe a game, and then next man up.

Riders were willing to let go of Willy and give Sunseri the keys in this situation. I'm betting he gets a whole lot more before Doege and/or Price get some reps.

Willing to let go of Wiily? I wasn't aware that we could keep him against his wishes.

Riders were willing to let go of Willy and give Sunseri the keys in this situation. I'm betting he gets a whole lot more before Doege and/or Price get some reps.

Willing to let go of Wiily? I wasn't aware that we could keep him against his wishes.

Taman withdrew his gun.

In all seriousness, they saw more long term value from Sunseri then from Willy.  They traded him/let him go to free agency with confidence in Tino.

Who does IMWT post as on here? That guy acts like a real clown. (Maybe it isn't an act)

No idea, but Rider fans who come onto Bomber forums acting like clowns shouldn't go throwing stones at Bomber fans who post on the Rider home forum. We all read what you have to say over at Riderfans about the Bombers. Don't come looking for sympathy and crying crocodile tears over here if a Bomber fan makes you look bad on your home forum. You come here all trying to give the impression that you're a nice guy but everything you say to Bomber fans and about the Bombers on your home forum is real douchebaggery. Own it.

Perhaps what we write on our home forum isn't meant for your eyes.

That is a pretty ridiculous statement for someone posting on another teams website.

If you really believed that, you wouldn't be here because this wouldn't be meant for your eyes.

Your logic button is broken.

That is a pretty ridiculous statement for someone posting on another teams website.

If you really believed that, you wouldn't be here because this wouldn't be meant for your eyes.

This is true. I don't talk much about what happens here over there though whereas you guys do That's a little more what I mean.

Well, I suppose I did have your account activated now, didn't we ;)?

This is true. I don't talk much about what happens here over there though whereas you guys do That's a little more what I mean.

Welcome to the internets.  Anything you do on it can and will be used against you.  You are rarely as anonymous as you think.

He's a riders fan, it was never working to start with. 

He's a riders fan, it was never working to start with. 

brokenrecord.jpg

Does Tino last the whole game this week or do they go to Doege or even Price?

Thanks for directing this back to football discussion - what the forum is for.

Chamblin left the door open for Doege to see the field in his scrum today, so I am under the impression that they will either have a couple packages ready for him, or else he will get some time if Sunseri struggles. Price I think is just a little too green to play just yet. I'd be giving him atleast 2 or 3 more weeks before even considering it.

Well, if he has the same performance has last game, quite possibly.

I really wish Sunseri was pulled in the last game to try out the other QBs when we knew the game was over. Now we have no clue if the others are any better than Tino.

I really wish Sunseri was pulled in the last game to try out the other QBs when we knew the game was over. Now we have no clue if the others are any better than Tino.

They're not because they have less experience and the coaches don't just blindly assign guys to #2 and #3 positions. Sunseri is the back up because they've determined he is the 2nd best guy on the roster so what that means, is that if they start yanking him to put another guy in you've entered full on desperation mode. No team has some hidden gem at 3rd or 4th string that is going to come out of nowhere to wow people. You're too young to remember but when Ricky Ray came out of nowhere, he was the talk of the CFL based on preseason and was #2 coming out of camp and when he got in in place of Jason Maas he was instantly a smash hit. None of the Rider qbs showed anything like that, don't expect them to come in and suddenly be better. There is a reason that quarterback is the hardest position for teams to find a player at. It takes a very special situation for it to work. Most people felt the Riders did have a good situation for a player to succeed in because they have a good D and a good OL, but as we saw with Sunseri young players can often get hesitant if things start to go badly or the other defense makes them uncomfortable and things can quickly spiral out of control. Trust me on this one, again you're too young to remember the Riders having to do this but when you keep throwing qb after qb in looking for the instant fix you wind up ruining any potential your qbs might have. 

Doege would not likely create any improvement. The Riders decided to go green at the backup position and save a few bucks banking on Durant's history of being relatively injury free. It will now cost them for the remainder of the season as they struggle with QBs that are not ready for prime time. If this offends some Rider fans...too bad....it wasn't meant for your eyes anyway.

I did not just read that....did I?

They're not because they have less experience and the coaches don't just blindly assign guys to #2 and #3 positions. Sunseri is the back up because they've determined he is the 2nd best guy on the roster so what that means, is that if they start yanking him to put another guy in you've entered full on desperation mode. No team has some hidden gem at 3rd or 4th string that is going to come out of nowhere to wow people. You're too young to remember but when Ricky Ray came out of nowhere, he was the talk of the CFL based on preseason and was #2 coming out of camp and when he got in in place of Jason Maas he was instantly a smash hit. None of the Rider qbs showed anything like that, don't expect them to come in and suddenly be better. There is a reason that quarterback is the hardest position for teams to find a player at. It takes a very special situation for it to work. Most people felt the Riders did have a good situation for a player to succeed in because they have a good D and a good OL, but as we saw with Sunseri young players can often get hesitant if things start to go badly or the other defense makes them uncomfortable and things can quickly spiral out of control. Trust me on this one, again you're too young to remember the Riders having to do this but when you keep throwing qb after qb in looking for the instant fix you wind up ruining any potential your qbs might have. 

Agreed. I think many Rider fans have completely unrealistic ideas about how easy it is to develop a quality starting QB. Sunseri has about as good a situation as any backup could have hoped for and he looked absolutely lost out there. That kind of a performance does not get rectified in the span of a week. Sunseri is simply not ready.