Ottawa on Second Bye week, Bombers still on 0 bye weeks

Very poor scheduling this year. Over halfway through the season and Calgary, Winnipeg, and Saskatchewan have yet to have a single game amongst the three teams.

I hate when they don't schedule the annual triangle field game in the first half of the year. Really gets sloppy in the fall weather.

^ this^ lol

I don't imagine making the schedule was an easy task this year.  They needed to fit in another team.  Add an extra bye (or two) for each team plus avoid having games at THF and in Ottawa  for the first couple weeks due to construction issues and then of course fit games in at the skydome.  It sucks that we didn't get an early bye but it makes for an interesting second half!  I am sure by next year they will have an easier time with the schedule.

I certainly would have liked the Bombers to have their first bye week sooner but I don't have a problem with Ottawa having the bye this week since their first bye was week 1. Hamilton having byes in weeks 3 and 9 bugs me and I blame Rogers for the Argos having byes in weeks 7 and 11. 

I don't imagine making the schedule was an easy task this year.  They needed to fit in another team.  Add an extra bye (or two) for each team plus avoid having games at THF and in Ottawa  for the first couple weeks due to construction issues and then of course fit games in at the skydome.  It sucks that we didn't get an early bye but it makes for an interesting second half!  I am sure by next year they will have an easier time with the schedule.

I think so as well.  But if it is like this for a team next year too, let's home it's the Riders who get screwed.  ;)

I certainly would have liked the Bombers to have their first bye week sooner but I don't have a problem with Ottawa having the bye this week since their first bye was week 1. Hamilton having byes in weeks 3 and 9 bugs me and I blame Rogers for the Argos having byes in weeks 7 and 11. 

I think so as well.  But if it is like this for a team next year too, let's home it's the Riders who get screwed.  ;)

lol...Riders won in IGF on a short week.

How soon they forget!

;)

I don't imagine making the schedule was an easy task this year. They needed to fit in another team. Add an extra bye (or two) for each team plus avoid having games at THF and in Ottawa for the first couple weeks due to construction issues and then of course fit games in at the skydome. It sucks that we didn't get an early bye but it makes for an interesting second half! I am sure by next year they will have an easier time with the schedule.

I think so as well. But if it is like this for a team next year too, let's home it's the Riders who get screwed. ;)

lol...Riders won in IGF on a short week.

How soon they forget!

;)

Didn't forget anything but that had nothing to do with bye weeks.

Boy did we get pooched this year on the schedule.  Just ridiculous.

On the other hand its better to have them in the 2nd half.

It would have been nice to have one about 2 weeks ago, that was kind of the peak time for having guys playing with some various hurts. Getting that week without playing to get some guys healed up likely would have led to less injuries since and maybe gotten some bodies back. That's the real issue with waiting so long, we got a lot of guys who are playing through injuries who would likely do well to get a week off and heal up a bit more. 

I hate back to back games. I understand why the league does it but it certainly isn't ideal. Luckily, this season seems to have less then before. The scheduling this season also magnified how poor the East Division is in comparison to the West. This is a very poor way to promote the game.

Not to mention the absolute joke scheduling of Toronto coming off a bye to play the Bombers coming off a short week.  Should never happen in any professional sporting league.  Completely bush.

The fact the Bombers stayed with them for three quarters tells you all you need to know about the Argos this year.

Not to mention the absolute joke scheduling of Toronto coming off a bye to play the Bombers coming off a short week.  Should never happen in any professional sporting league.  Completely bush.

The fact the Bombers stayed with them for three quarters tells you all you need to know about the Argos this year.

and Toronto got to play that game at home