Max Hall arrested for shoplifting and cocaine possession

Mr. Perfect

Using coke in crack form is about as hardcore as it gets, followed by mainlining. And yup, very expensive- the late Robin Williams had his struggle with the stuff and said, "Cocaine is nature's way of telling you that you have too much money." Cocaine users get to go to Hell before they die. Its that corrosive to life.

Oh ease up surgeon general.. Its a horrible drug but its no meth,heroin, krocodile, oxy or even mdma.. The fact he is injecting it tho tells me he has an addictive personality and probably stuggles mightily with addictive substances.. Hopefully he gets the help he deserves..
... let's not even try to rationalize cocaine or crack use here. They're no mary jane, that's for damn sure.
Not rationizing it at all but the fact remains its not anywhere near as bad as the others I mentioned.. Also, its not as taboo as one would think... Lotta people have tried it or use it..

Injecting anything is pretty much the most dangerous drug to do, particularly street drugs. Any impurities and you're dead. Injecting cocaine is on par with injecting heroin, most people who do one will do the other, and sometimes both, which is the quickest way to die.

Yea that's very true.. The fact he's injecting is a scary one as its well beyond recreational at that level... That's full-fledged addict with an ugly road to recovery ahead.... Luckily, american rehab centres are out if this world (if he can afford it)

Former NFL QB Max Hall loses prep job after arrest

GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) - Former NFL quarterback Max Hall has lost his job as offensive coordinator at Gilbert High School after his arrest last week.

A Gilbert Public School official said Friday that the 28-year-old Hall won't be returning to the school, where he was in his first season with the football team.

Hall was arrested last Saturday in Gilbert on suspicion of shoplifting and possession of narcotics.

Police say several stolen items from Best Buy and Walmart were found in Hall's backpack along with a "personal-use quantity of cocaine."

Hall grew up in nearby Mesa and starred at BYU from 2007-09 before being signed as an undrafted free agent by the Arizona Cardinals.

He played in six games for the Cardinals in 2010 and was with the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2013.

Former NFL QB Max Hall loses prep job after arrest

GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) - Former NFL quarterback Max Hall has lost his job as offensive coordinator at Gilbert High School after his arrest last week.

A Gilbert Public School official said Friday that the 28-year-old Hall won't be returning to the school, where he was in his first season with the football team.

Hall was arrested last Saturday in Gilbert on suspicion of shoplifting and possession of narcotics.

Police say several stolen items from Best Buy and Walmart were found in Hall's backpack along with a "personal-use quantity of cocaine."

Hall grew up in nearby Mesa and starred at BYU from 2007-09 before being signed as an undrafted free agent by the Arizona Cardinals.

He played in six games for the Cardinals in 2010 and was with the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2013.

No mention of a needle and a spoon, I expect that might be an exaggeration of the facts.

No mention of a needle and a spoon, I expect that might be an exaggeration of the facts.

Only if Hall and the police are exaggerating.

The arrest

Hall was stopped by security personnel at the Best Buy and was cooperative as he waited for police to arrive. As officers approached Hall, he immediately apologized, according to a police report.

"I'm really sorry, I'll pay for the stuff. If I get arrested, I'll get fired. I've never done this before," Hall is quoted in the report.

Officers found $286 worth of electronics inside the backpack after employees saw Hall taking items out of their packaging, putting them in his bag and hiding the empty boxes, the report states.

"Most of the items were cellphone cases, cellphone chargers, smaller items like that, electronics, like that," Sanger said. "I think everything looks like it was $30 to $40 for each item."

Investigators also located hypodermic needles, a metal spoon, a lighter and what field tests confirmed was cocaine, stored in a pill bottle. Hall told police he had used the cocaine that morning, injecting himself near the elbow, the report states.

Hall then told police "I don't want to answer any more questions."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865610067/EX-BYU-quarterback-Max-Hall-arrested-in-shoplifting-drug-case.html

I'd be curious to see why his life is like this? Did he have a history of drug abuse?

Why did he get into it?

I bet Max doesn't even know. One thing I've learned from alcoholism & drug addiction that seems to unfortunately run in my family is, some people are born with addictive personalities. I battled my addictions over the years.... I smoked 2 1/2 packs a day for two decades till I quit in 1996 for good. I weighed 310 lbs because I ate like it was my last meal & would snack nightly on chips & french onion dip, nachos, KFC, McDonalds at all hours, mostly at night when my wife was asleep. Then I'd shamefully bag up all the eaten goodies, walk out to the garbage & throw it away thinking she'd never know when she did. I remember asking myself why I did what I did & had no answer. It was like those addictions controlled me as I couldn't control them. And then I'd feel like absolute crap the next day being sick. I drank too much but wouldn't classify myself as an alcoholic but it was close. About the only thing I didn't do was drugs too much... Well, today I weigh 210 lbs, I don't smoke & I only drink occasionally. I haven't been drunk in years... But seeing my dad & uncles battle the bottle & with my demons, I think we were born with addictive personalities... That's my theory anyway. 

I'd be curious to see why his life is like this? Did he have a history of drug abuse?

Why did he get into it?

I bet Max doesn't even know. One thing I've learned from alcoholism & drug addiction that seems to unfortunately run in my family is, some people are born with addictive personalities. I battled my addictions over the years.... I smoked 2 1/2 packs a day for two decades till I quit in 1996 for good. I weighed 310 lbs because I ate like it was my last meal & would snack nightly on chips & french onion dip, nachos, KFC, McDonalds at all hours, mostly at night when my wife was asleep. Then I'd shamefully bag up all the eaten goodies, walk out to the garbage & throw it away thinking she'd never know when she did. I remember asking myself why I did what I did & had no answer. It was like those addictions controlled me as I couldn't control them. And then I'd feel like absolute crap the next day being sick. I drank too much but wouldn't classify myself as an alcoholic but it was close. About the only thing I didn't do was drugs too much... Well, today I weigh 210 lbs, I don't smoke & I only drink occasionally. I haven't been drunk in years... But seeing my dad & uncles battle the bottle & with my demons, I think we were born with addictive personalities... That's my theory anyway. 

Congratulations on your victories.

Why did he get into it?

If you want a clinical description, there are several, but the most common one is that some of us are afflicted with a gnawing sense of incompleteness and inadequacy and come to believe that some action or substance will fill that lack or at least distract us from it.

Why did he get into it?

Thanks.... The smoking one was relatively easy for me to beat once I put my mind to it. But the weight was a challenge. I never thought I'd lose 110 lbs & was a candidate for lap band surgery. I'm glad I took it upon myself to lose the weight with self discipline, a healthy diet, vigorous exercise & not have the surgery. Seeing my dad & the way alcohol affected him (he'd go missing for days & my mother always thought we'd get a phone call saying he was dead) I drank but in the back of my mind I was always scared of alcohol... So, when I decided to quit drinking it was an easy decision. But appreciate your words. 

I try to watch my diet by eating a lot better. I belong to Good Life. Lift weights & for cardio I use an Arc Trainer by Cybex to burn calories. Probably in the best shape I've been in since my late 20's. It's an outstanding machine. I just sweat a ton every workout. For a guy who is 59 I think I'm doing alright. Took me my entire life to  get my vices under control. I tell ya, in my 20's I was the life of the party.