TSN Jets... all Jets games now FREE with MTS TV

Heard some pretty great news today! Check it out:

(TSX:MBT) MTS, Manitoba’s leading full-service telecommunications provider, today announced that it will carry TSN’s expanded line-up of five national feeds:  TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5. With this expansion, Winnipeg Jets™ games will now appear on TSN3 and be included in MTS TV’s Basic Service channel group. 

Simply put... no more subscribing for $10/month for TSN Jets as it is included in your basic service. This should come as good news to a lot of people I would think.

Always bothered me that even going back to 1979 with Winnipeg Jets 1.0 most of our games are on Sundays so we got screwed out of watching the Jets on HNIC. Yet, there they were every week, the Leafs, Canucks ,Oilers, Canadiens & Flames on Saturday nights. When the Jets came back 3 years ago I was hoping it would be different but oh no. When were our home games when they were televised by CBC? At 2 in the afternoon. Or as the road team against the other teams mentioned a few times a year. It's like we were the throw in afterthought by HNIC. We were never treated as well as those other teams by the CBC.

TSN 3 wont be available in Alberta?

I believe all the TSN channels are national channels.  But the regional hockey games will be blacked out in out of market areas.  So my understanding is, you will get TSN3 in Alberta but during a Jets game, you will see something else.

Great development for Manitobans.  Funny thing is, I saw one of the local providers asking people to sign up for the pay channel about a week or so ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe all the TSN channels are national channels.  But the regional hockey games will be blacked out in out of market areas.  So my understanding is, you will get TSN3 in Alberta but during a Jets game, you will see something else.

Great development for Manitobans.  Funny thing is, I saw one of the local providers asking people to sign up for the pay channel about a week or so ago.

TSN3 will be available in Alberta, but the Jets games on it will be blacked out.

TSN3 will be available in Alberta, but the Jets games on it will be blacked out.

Why on earth would they black out Jet games in Alberta? That would be like blacking out the Bomber games in Alberta.

I do know the answer though that I don't like. It's because it's not our 'home' team.

They want us to follow the Flames and the Oilers. I told them my 'home' team is actually the Jets, I just happen to live in Alberta.

They want us to follow the Flames and the Oilers. I told them my 'home' team is actually the Jets, I just happen to live in Alberta.

Need a Manitoban to send u a Shaw Direct/Bell Expressvu box. Thats the only way unless u want to hook up laptop to tv. Crying shame it is.

Try and find Manitoba who wants FlamesTV and do a swap.

Figures, why should I be able to see more Jets games anyways?

You'll need Centre Ice or GameCentre live to see the non-national games.

Pretty much the position my grandparents are in with the Canadiens. RDS games blacked out, so they need some kind of paid service to watch the regional games.

Pretty shoddy service, IMO.

It seems Bell won't be providing this service, so I'm out.

But is anyone else tired of watching regular season hockey? I will check scores and watch highlights, but I'm not serious about following hockey until the playoffs start.

Mark, don't know which "service you're referring to" but bell is providing service for the jets games on TSN3

It seems Bell won't be providing this service, so I'm out.

But is anyone else tired of watching regular season hockey? I will check scores and watch highlights, but I'm not serious about following hockey until the playoffs start.

You don't have TSN3?

And which Bell? Satellite or Fibe? 

Perhaps Mark H. does not know that TSN Jets has been rolled into the new TSN3. So if you get TSN3 and you in Manitoba - you get the Jets games.

Damn, I'll be in Edmonton from November to mid-December, what paid services can I get to watch Jets games

online? Anyone?

You can get GameCentre Live. It's $199 though.

Thanks man, however on their home page:

NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is not yet available for purchase in Canada. More information will be available in the coming weeks, please check back soon.

Thanks though. And I'll be living in a hotel, so that might also change my options. Any help appreciated.

(yeah, I'm googling :-)

TIA.

Damn, I'll be in Edmonton from November to mid-December, what paid services can I get to watch Jets games

online? Anyone?

You can get GameCentre Live. It's $199 though.

Thanks man, however on their home page:

NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is not yet available for purchase in Canada. More information will be available in the coming weeks, please check back soon.

Thanks though. And I'll be living in a hotel, so that might also change my options. Any help appreciated.

(yeah, I'm googling :-)

TIA.

It appears to be available on the Rogers website (which means you will have to sign up for a my Rogers account <_<).

Early bird price is $179 ;).