Stoudermire on offence?

gbill2004

I think Bellefeuille misses having that Thigpen-like player in the offense. Tried it only rarely with Woods but it didn't work that well, and Cotton doesn't seem suited for that WR/RB split role.  Oddly enough I would have said Grigsby could be that type of player but we're too busy trying to make him a RB.  

I'm excited about this.

I think Bellefeuille misses having that Thigpen-like player in the offense. Tried it only rarely with Woods but it didn't work that well, and Cotton doesn't seem suited for that WR/RB split role.  Oddly enough I would have said Grigsby could be that type of player but we're too busy trying to make him a RB.  

I'm excited about this.

Could be interesting to see Stoudimier become the starting RB and Returner and than have Grigsby do a WR/RB split role because I agree I believe Grigsby would be great at the WR/RB split.

Interesting indeed. Love to see Stoudermire doing sweeps in the offence. Would be a new wrinkle that's for sure. Wonder if he was supposed to tweet this though. Might have been something we were installing to throw Montreal off.

Then he shouldn't have said anything to Bauming...

Interesting indeed. Love to see Stoudermire doing sweeps in the offence. Would be a new wrinkle that's for sure. Wonder if he was supposed to tweet this though. Might have been something we were installing to throw Montreal off.

Like installing an actual run game?

Yeah, but it's different when a guy goes in for a skill position. Just putting Stoudermire in the game won't surprise the defence, as he wouldn't line up at tight end or something like that.

The plays themselves is the info that would be barred from public knowledge.

Yeah, but it's different when a guy goes in for a skill position. Just putting Stoudermire in the game won't surprise the defence, as he wouldn't line up at tight end or something like that.

The plays themselves is the info that would be barred from public knowledge

After last week, it's not going to be a surprise to anyone that the Bombers are going to look to try and get this guy in space and see if he can make a play.  Montreal will be very aware of him when he's on the field .. it's going to be a matter of tendencies which will dictate if those plays designed to get Stoudermire the ball will be successful.

I don't see the connection between returning punts and kickoffs and playing RB, totally different skill sets and running situations.  Stoudermire is probably better suited to playing receiver if he can run good patterns but no .evidence yet that he can catch the ball as well as the 3 Intls. currently in those positions.

I don't see the connection between returning punts and kickoffs and playing RB, totally different skill sets and running situations.  Stoudermire is probably better suited to playing receiver if he can run good patterns but no .evidence yet that he can catch the ball as well as the 3 Intls. currently in those positions.

If they use him in the running game, it should be receiver sweeps, etc.

I don't see the connection between returning punts and kickoffs and playing RB, totally different skill sets and running situations.  

Well the thought is that it's following blocks and finding holes to run through.... There's lots of examples of players who were good kick returners being fit into the offense. I think there are lots of ways you can accomplish this but trying to make them one position is just a waste of time. The point is that they should be a jack of all trades type who you can use to keep the D off balance because they are never quite sure what exactly you're going to do with them.