LAPOLICE: TECHNOLOGY AND FOOTBALL TODAY

yogi

Lapo is a good guy, very friendly for sure.. met him a few times now and has been  very very nice. But the guy isn't exactly what i'd call a motivator and he did like to micro-manage things about too much. Good guy but probably not really a good coach, might be a good OC or assitant but i'm not convinced he can or ever will be a good head coach. Just lacks certain things IMO. 

LaPo has a good gig going on TSN and he's getting more exposure on the panel now.  IMO he'd be foolish to give that up to go back to coaching especially if he has a young family. 

Do you think he's getting 6 plus figures with TSN?   I'd say he would make quite a bit more coaching in my books.  

LaPo has a good gig going on TSN and he's getting more exposure on the panel now. IMO he'd be foolish to give that up to go back to coaching especially if he has a young family.

Do you think he's getting 6 plus figures with TSN? I'd say he would make quite a bit more coaching in my books.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's getting close to that.

when i played college ball we taped every practice, game, scrimmage, and indiviudal workout session.  Each week we would get clips sent to us from our coach on the team we faced that week that showed dozens of clips of individuals and their tendencies, team offense sets, and defensive rotations/tendencies.  We had to memorize everything because we ran their sets all week in practice.  We were also expected to watch and clip our own performance in practices and games through an editing program we had access to and bring about 30 minutes of clips to a meeting with our coaches each week.  We were also expected to watch film with teammates at least a few hours a week or with coaches.  Each day during the week we got new clips emailed to us from the coaches.  Game dvds from other teams were always available in our team room and we had like a mountain of dvds from practice.  This did not include the 2-4 1 hour film sessions we had as a team each week.

What im trying to say is film is one of the main reasons why my career record in CIS was 165-5 (not to brag, film works)

I would be curious to know what the film regiment is for the bombers

I recall that Lapo once wheeled a TV in to the dressing room and played the "game of inches" speech from Any Given Sunday as the opre-game speech.  Also heard he was laughed out of the dressing room for that one.

But hey, I like Lapo.  Very smart guy.

I highly doubt that to be true. I recall listening on one of his coaches shows here that he said something to the effect that Any Given Sunday was the worst football movie he had seen.

I recall that Lapo once wheeled a TV in to the dressing room and played the "game of inches" speech from Any Given Sunday as the opre-game speech.  Also heard he was laughed out of the dressing room for that one.

But hey, I like Lapo.  Very smart guy.

I highly doubt that to be true. I recall listening on one of his coaches shows here that he said something to the effect that Any Given Sunday was the worst football movie he had seen.

There is a local on-air personality, perhaps Toth, who has a habit of asking coaches if they've ever given that speech, or if they plan to.  I don't recall there ever being an affirmative answer given.