So Far, So Good

Coming back against BC after the the thumping we took in Edmonton gives me some real hope and speaks to the character of this team. something that has been sorely lacking for a few seasons. I put this all on MOS, the coaches and the fact that the TEAM has bought into the philosophy and the system. This is no small feat IMHO, no prima-donnas, no Swaggerville nonsense or individual chest-thumping. Just genuine team effort where everyone holds themselves accountable. Yeah we have some issues, every team does, I'm confident they will be handled as best as can be. I'm not planning The Parade yet, but so far so good, I think.

As great as it is to see the Bombers bounce back from a butt-kicking and not only play hard but win, we are still going to have a lot of ups and downs this year, and we've had a lot of ups so far. This edition is showing every sign of being resilient, and even if we don't make the playoffs, at least we can actually like and be proud of this team.

Still lots of room for improvement, though- we need a receiver that scares the poop out of the opposition, a running back who can break tackles and block and an upgrade to the O-line. Then we can start talking Grey Cup.

If we have a good season on the field in 2014 then it should set up a very good off season for free agent signings as players may actually want to come here instead of elsewhere. The team should be even better next season. The culture is changing...

Still lots of room for improvement, though- we need a receiver that scares the poop out of the opposition, a running back who can break tackles and block and an upgrade to the O-line. Then we can start talking Grey Cup.

IMO the OL is starting to gel. Pass protection was better than decent in  BC and will only improve when Greaves is back in there. 

Would the BB not have a much better chance of appearing in the Grey Cup game if they stumbled into the playoffs through the cross-over route and won the two playoff games against Eastern teams?

I can't see that improving the chances. No team has made it to the GC going that route yet. 

While I'm not rooting for it to happen by any means, I'd love it if we wound up in the crossover position.

Not me.  I want that home playoff game.  It is a crime that we have seen so few of them lately because the atmosphere is incredible.  I can't even imagine what a packed IGF in the playoffs would be like.

Picked the Blue to go 8-8, based on perceived improvement at Coaching/QB.  For years, I hammered about the need for direction, leadership, and creating a sense of purpose...so many times, I am sure that most of you were somewhat sick of it. 

Impossible to measure the impact.... when a leader emerges, and gets the attention, respect, and total buy-in from the players.   Think we have seen some of that "maximizing" effect, so far this year.....on a team that still has holes....on paper.

Picked the Blue to go 8-8, based on perceived improvement at Coaching/QB.  For years, I hammered about the need for direction, leadership, and creating a sense of purpose...so many times, I am sure that most of you were somewhat sick of it. 

Impossible to measure the impact.... when a leader emerges, and gets the attention, respect, and total buy-in from the players.   Think we have seen some of that "maximizing" effect, so far this year.....on a team that still has holes....on paper.

Not to sound like a fan boy but I think you are one of the few posters whom I've never said "ugh, not again.." Or for realisies dood... Your point is very bang on.. Coaching and excellent GM Roster management has been a great boon to our squad..

Coming back against BC after the the thumping we took in Edmonton gives me some real hope and speaks to the character of this team. something that has been sorely lacking for a few seasons. I put this all on MOS, the coaches and the fact that the TEAM has bought into the philosophy and the system. This is no small feat IMHO, no prima-donnas, no Swaggerville nonsense or individual chest-thumping. Just genuine team effort where everyone holds themselves accountable. Yeah we have some issues, every team does, I'm confident they will be handled as best as can be. I'm not planning The Parade yet, but so far so good, I think.

Haha - glad I'm not the only one. In fact I think my attitude on here (ourbombers) when Swaggerville was in full swing was what, for some reason, caused a lot of members there (now here) to for some reason hate me for MY opinion on the matter. I hated Swaggerville - couldn't stand it. The team was acting like a bunch of jerks and after that 7 - 1 start boy did it ever bite them in the ass big time. 

I like this team much better. I don't mind celebrations when you make a big play, but be humble about it - which for the most part they are (as humble as the next team anyway). It's nice to be a 'proud' bomber fan again. Folks didn't understand how embarrassing that Swaggerville crap was outside of Wpg. Once the wheels fell off though, I think some got it. 

Would the BB not have a much better chance of appearing in the Grey Cup game if they stumbled into the playoffs through the cross-over route and won the two playoff games against Eastern teams?

I can't see that improving the chances. No team has made it to the GC going that route yet. 

There's always a first time for everything.  I'd much rather put money down on the BB beating any of the Eastern teams in a playoff game over beating the two top Western teams to advance to the cup game.  The East is a mess right now but I foresee the Argos eventually being the top team just because they have Ray and their overall depth of offencive talent.

Haha - glad I'm not the only one. In fact I think my attitude on here (ourbombers) when Swaggerville was in full swing was what, for some reason, caused a lot of members there (now here) to for some reason hate me for MY opinion on the matter. I hated Swaggerville - couldn't stand it. The team was acting like a bunch of jerks and after that 7 - 1 start boy did it ever bite them in the ass big time. 

I like this team much better. I don't mind celebrations when you make a big play, but be humble about it - which for the most part they are (as humble as the next team anyway). It's nice to be a 'proud' bomber fan again. Folks didn't understand how embarrassing that Swaggerville crap was outside of Wpg. Once the wheels fell off though, I think some got it. 

One of the biggest differences I've noticed, is all the "me me me" guys are gone. And yeah swaggervillve was at best cringeworthy.

Never? Interesting...

I think you would remember an all Western Division or all Eastern Division Grey Cup.

Some days I can't remember where I put my socks.

But I'll bet you get to meet new people every day and hide your own Easter eggs.

Conservatively, I foresee a 10-8 record to finish the season. That ought to be good for at least a cross-over berth, and would be a tremendous breeding ground for success in the 2015 season. Who hosts the big game that year again?

I would think 10-8 gets you into the playoffs in the west without needing the cross over. I don't forsee BC and Saskatchewan having terrible records all year so there is going to be a lot of parity in the west. 11 wins might win the divsion.