So Far, So Good

Never? Interesting...

I think you would remember an all Western Division or all Eastern Division Grey Cup.

Some days I can't remember where I put my socks.

But I'll bet you get to meet new people every day and hide your own Easter eggs.

Easter eggs? Oh crap... 

Looks less & less likely that there'll be three teams in the playoffs from the East this season... I'll say the Argos just as they have Ricky Ray then who  knows who the 2nd team will be.

Pointed out in the comments section over at TSN was the following tidbit - after 20 games have been played in the season so far, only 6 have been home games for eastern teams.  14 home games for the west.

Of those 6 games, 4 were against western opponents and 2 were divisional matchups.  Of those 4 games, the west has won 2 (Bombers beat Montreal, Calgary beat Toronto).

The point of all those possibly unrelated numbers was that there has been a huge schedule imbalance so far.  Drawing any conclusions out of these early results is premature for reasons other than it's early.

I agree that a crossover is likely this year, but I found that tidbit interesting.

Looks less & less likely that there'll be three teams in the playoffs from the East this season... I'll say the Argos just as they have Ricky Ray then who  knows who the 2nd team will be.

Pointed out in the comments section over at TSN was the following tidbit - after 20 games have been played in the season so far, only 6 have been home games for eastern teams.  14 home games for the west.

Of those 6 games, 4 were against western opponents and 2 were divisional matchups.  Of those 4 games, the west has won 2 (Bombers beat Montreal, Calgary beat Toronto).

The point of all those possibly unrelated numbers was that there has been a huge schedule imbalance so far.  Drawing any conclusions out of these early results is premature for reasons other than it's early.

I agree that a crossover is likely this year, but I found that tidbit interesting.

This is a very good point. I think it is obvious that the west is much stronger and deeper this year, but there is going to be some changes in the standings as eastern teams play each other more and western teams play each other more. 

Coming back against BC after the the thumping we took in Edmonton gives me some real hope and speaks to the character of this team. something that has been sorely lacking for a few seasons. I put this all on MOS, the coaches and the fact that the TEAM has bought into the philosophy and the system. This is no small feat IMHO, no prima-donnas, no Swaggerville nonsense or individual chest-thumping. Just genuine team effort where everyone holds themselves accountable. Yeah we have some issues, every team does, I'm confident they will be handled as best as can be. I'm not planning The Parade yet, but so far so good, I think.

Haha - glad I'm not the only one. In fact I think my attitude on here (ourbombers) when Swaggerville was in full swing was what, for some reason, caused a lot of members there (now here) to for some reason hate me for MY opinion on the matter. I hated Swaggerville - couldn't stand it. The team was acting like a bunch of jerks and after that 7 - 1 start boy did it ever bite them in the ass big time. 

I like this team much better. I don't mind celebrations when you make a big play, but be humble about it - which for the most part they are (as humble as the next team anyway). It's nice to be a 'proud' bomber fan again. Folks didn't understand how embarrassing that Swaggerville crap was outside of Wpg. Once the wheels fell off though, I think some got it. 

One of the biggest differences I've noticed, is all the "me me me" guys are gone. And yeah swaggervillve was at best cringeworthy.

I hope we never bring back Swaggerville. As a fanbase, we're better than that. That's so  Riderville.

What bothered me.... beyond all the selfishness, loud-mouthing, hotdogging, showboating, and even dissing of the fans, the last number of years ....was that this stuff was even tolerated, time after time... and that excuses were always made, internally and externally for these people - instead of just dealing with them.  Part of a larger culture of excusemeistering, that permeated the entire organization. 

Pleasantly surprised how quick that particular stench, has dissipated......

What bothered me.... beyond all the selfishness, loud-mouthing, hotdogging, showboating, and even dissing of the fans, the last number of years ....was that this stuff was even tolerated, time after time... and that excuses were always made, internally and externally for these people - instead of just dealing with them.  Part of a larger culture of excusemeistering, that permeated the entire organization. 

Pleasantly surprised how quick that particular stench, has dissipated......

Losing badly has a way of doing that.

"swaggerville" started as a quiet internal thing.... the guys would talk about it here and there but it seemed like more of a locker room thing than anything.... that I was ok with... anything to bring the guys together.... then it got out of hand.... with help from the media.... and everyone knows the rest of that story...

Also, I gotta ask wtf is "all your base are belong to us".... that video was quite confusing

It began as a very old gaming Mime about 18 years ago or so; was usually very popular in capture the flag games or king of the hill games; although many will believe it started on Facebook and a lot of younger people will believe it started in Halo.  The mime has been around for much longer than both of those though.  At least from my experience it might even be older

Also, I gotta ask wtf is "all your base are belong to us".... that video was quite confusing

It began as a very old gaming Mime about 18 years ago or so; was usually very popular in capture the flag games or king of the hill games; although many will believe it started on Facebook and a lot of younger people will believe it started in Halo. The mime has been around for much longer than both of those though. At least from my experience it might even be older

I second this.. As an old school gamer, i think i recall this from right before the big gaming console boom.. I wanna say around quake 1 maybe..

It began as a very old gaming Mime about 18 years ago or so; was usually very popular in capture the flag games or king of the hill games; although many will believe it started on Facebook and a lot of younger people will believe it started in Halo. The mime has been around for much longer than both of those though. At least from my experience it might even be older

I second this.. As an old school gamer, i think i recall this from right before the big gaming console boom.. I wanna say around quake 1 maybe..

Thanks guys.... based on the intro in the video I figured it had something to do with an old video game.... but I've never been a gamer, didn't even play Mario Bros as a kid on the original Nintendo we had...