Note To Miller: Please Don't Do Anything Too Soon And Too Drastic

B-F-F-C

I'm afraid that in order to show the fan base that change is coming.  The team will mortgage the future for a quick fix. 

The season is likely a write off (statistically it's not but realistically) so let's do it properly and take it slowly.   The quick rash decision could hinder the team going forward.  

Sure you could pry Glenn from the Stamps for our next two 1st round draft pics.  But the lasting effects will be felt for years.

This is a concern I have as well. 

Mack burned a lot of political capital and good will sticking to his plan .. stock piling draft picks and replenishing our non-import depth.  One can argue that the top end talent isn't there (yet) but the overall depth of that talent has certainly been improved.  We are now in the best position we have been for years when it comes to the draft and it allows us to draft for immediate needs (to push incumbents and guys who've been on the PR for a season or two) and for the future (taking the odd flier on a guy who may spend time down south).  I'm hoping the new staff won't be short sighted and look for the quick fix.

I'm afraid they go for a big splash move and it hurts us long term, Kevin Glenn, Zach Collaros aren't worth giving up a ton. Collaros is a free agent to be and Glenn is soon to be 35.

My first choice would be Bo Mitchell, but I doubt Calgary will be willing to trade him and I suspect they will protect him in the Ottawa draft.

We would have to give up even more than Calgary wanted in the offseason to get Glenn now that he is the starting QB in Calgary.  He is the only 'ready right now' QB though.

Collaros or Willy as competition for Goltz isn't a bad idea but they are all similar points in their development.  I'd take either over Buck right now, but then again I'd take Brink, who is the only available QB who knows our system over Buck, and I'm not a Brink fan.

I don't think Tate or Buck 2.0 as I think of him is a good choice.  We need someone who the fans can get behind and another oft injured QB won't cut it.

What scares me is I read in the Winnipeg Free Press is that Kyle Walters is going to be doing his best to impress Miller to become the permanent GM of this team. This is something nobody wants. A guy like Walter in his 30's with no experience running the team trying to impress his boss. That'll mean trying to pull off a trade for a qb. If Miller hires this guy to be the permanent GM, it'll be the biggest mistake he could make.

That is a very premature statement. Walters has been on the I side and knew along the problems there. He is a sharp guy. Give him a chance.

I will. As an asst GM & in charge of Canadian personnel. Not as the damned GM running the show. The way this team operates & trying to save a buck (except when it comes to paying fired coaches & GMs) it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Miller did that. Promote ANOTHER INEXPERIENCED guy to be GM. There shouldn't even be a discussion about Walters but lo & behold there is.

Muamba will not extend right now...why would he. Plus they are cap tight already. Plus he has that idiot agent that some teams won't even deal with.

Number one priority is the play calling and Mack's boy Crowton. A good indication will be similar to Berry taking over in Mont. I won't be surprised if that is the first order of business and it should be.

Muamba will not extend right now...why would he. Plus they are cap tight already. Plus he has that idiot agent that some teams won't even deal with.

Number one priority is the play calling and Mack's boy Crowton. A good indication will be similar to Berry taking over in Mont. I won't be surprised if that is the first order of business and it should be.

Montreal had Berry in the wings. Who do we have on staff to do that? I don't see anyone capable of stepping in. Burke put all his eggs in one basket with Crowton.

It doesn't really matter if the CEO is hands on or not if the CEO has football knowledge. Right now there is no GM and Miller has stated he has full power of both the business and football side. He's he de facto GM so I'm fine with him making football ops decisions.

Everyone can see Crowton has to go. And if there is any truth that he was going over Burke's head to Mack then he should be dismissed immediately. There has to be some answer at OC whether that's Howell or someone else.

What scares me is I read in the Winnipeg Free Press is that Kyle Walters is going to be doing his best to impress Miller to become the permanent GM of this team. This is something nobody wants. A guy like Walter in his 30's with no experience running the team trying to impress his boss. That'll mean trying to pull off a trade for a qb. If Miller hires this guy to be the permanent GM, it'll be the biggest mistake he could make.

We are going to see a lot of "reports" in the coming days from "sources."  We have to give it time to separate the real reports and the "throwing crap at the wall" stuff.  

Here's a tip: stop signing screw-ups to multi-year deals. We keep granting contract extensions to people and then 6 months later they're fired, and we still pay them for the next 2 years. This last round just cost the team over a million bucks. It's idiotic. Walters wants to be GM? He's got the rest of this season to audition for the job. If he does well, sign him up for another full year. He does better after that? Two more seasons. NOTHING MORE! It's bad enough we pay people to do nothing in this organization (cough...cough...CROWTON...cough). Don't need to be paying people who don't even work for the team anymore.

If this is true about Walters then he should be told that while he's in the Bombers plans & is a valuable member of the management team, he is not under consideration as the teams permanent GM. Then he can go about doing what needs to be done. I don't want some gung ho young guy trying to be some Superman GM because all he worries about is impressing the boss. Eliminate him from consideration now. The guy is not ready. Maybe  in 10 years after this team wins something...

If this is true about Walters then he should be told that while he's in the Bombers plans & is a valuable member of the management team, he is not under consideration as the teams permanent GM. Then he can go about doing what needs to be done. I don't want some gung ho young guy trying to be some Superman GM because all he worries about is impressing the boss. Eliminate him from consideration now. The guy is not ready. Maybe in 10 years after this team wins something...

That 10 years should be somewhat sarcastic. I would think if the right moves are made in the right areas, then I could easily see Walters as the GM in 5 years from now when our new not yet known GM is fired.

Is starting Max Hall for a home divisional game drastic enough for y'all ?

starting Hall isn't necessarily a bad move, a lot of people figured he'd wind up as the #2 coming out of camp anyway and might be the best option for the season. The real issue is how much this just screams coaches desperately trying to save their own asses now that the GM has been canned. Hated the timing when it happened, hated it more now. Yeah 1-5 sucks, but with back to back with Hamilton on the way it was a great chance to get into a better spot... then with back to back against Edmonton not far away either it was yet another chance to improve their lot. Now we're seeing a bunch of what appear to be knee jerk moves and it really does look like they just threw in the towel already.