Five years ago today - how far we have come

Kavis lost his mind a long time before his so-called rants.

Kelly thought he was still chief pilot of Lord Lyle's fiefdom.

Neither man enhanced his status.

Neither man works in the CFL. (although a move is underway to place Kavis with a bottom-feeder or the league office)

Who woulda thought the day we fired Mike Kelly.... we were nowhere near rock bottom!

True that.  Under Kelly, the Bombers were a massive unknown.  You didn't really know what you were going to get.  I remember being in the Montreal airport on a flight delay, watching Bishop's first game on TSN when we were on a losing streak, fearing we might not win another game all year with him at QB... and then we beat someone (I think Toronto) because TEdwards decided he was going to be superman.  The score was something pathetic like 13-12.   I got super drunk that day...

That was nothing compared to part of 2012 and 2013 under Burke.  I just felt numb watching that team flounder it's way to nothingness.  I even voluntarily passed on going to a game because to go on a fishing trip, and couldn't find a taker for free tickets.

Oddly enough 2010 was an exciting year. After the Mike Kelly drama. We lost something like 9 guys by 4 or less points but we had a young team with tons of talent that had a lot of heart and pride and never gave up. Even though we came up short you could tell we were on the cusp of something great. We went 7-2 to start of the year in 2011 but unfortunately it went all down hill from there. It's nice to see some light at the end of the tunnel here in 2014.

Only Kelly... could have his team lose a Banjo Bowl by 45 points, then suggest, postgame (CJOB)....than anyone who complains about it.... is "not a real fan"

Imbecile...

I had to miss that game due to the birth of a child.  Every once in a while she gets an extra hug for making me miss that game.

Only Kelly... could have his team lose a Banjo Bowl by 45 points, then suggest, postgame (CJOB)....than anyone who complains about it.... is "not a real fan"

Imbecile...

I had to miss that game due to the birth of a child.  Every once in a while she gets an extra hug for making me miss that game.

Your child gets 2 birthdays

Imbecile...

Your child gets 2 birthdays

and three Christmases.

Well things were rather shitty around here for about 5-6 years after Dunigan left for Birmingham. Granted Kelly was long gone after '96 but it was definitely some dark times are we lost Dunigan.

C'mon, we had TJ Rubley. He passed for over 713 yards in one season.   ;)

Who woulda thought the day we fired Mike Kelly.... we were nowhere near rock bottom!

True that.  Under Kelly, the Bombers were a massive unknown.  You didn't really know what you were going to get.  I remember being in the Montreal airport on a flight delay, watching Bishop's first game on TSN when we were on a losing streak, fearing we might not win another game all year with him at QB... and then we beat someone (I think Toronto) because TEdwards decided he was going to be superman.  The score was something pathetic like 13-12.   I got super drunk that day...

That was nothing compared to part of 2012 and 2013 under Burke.  I just felt numb watching that team flounder it's way to nothingness.  I even voluntarily passed on going to a game because to go on a fishing trip, and couldn't find a taker for free tickets.

Couldn't even use the tickets as bait as the fish would have gagged & spit them out. 

The post game interview on 'OB with Bob & Mitch after the Montreal road game when he reamed them both out on the air was it for me. I wanted him gone after that. Guys like Burke, Reinebold & Zaleski are just inept & in over their heads as a head coach. Kelly knew what he was doing. I think his behaviour was calculated. I think he felt because he was Lyle Bauer's buddy, he could do & act anyway he wanted because he'd protect him. He showed no one any respect; players, fans & media. Unbelievable arrogance. He deserved everything he got.