47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as GM?

• Joe Mack
    • Jeremy O'Day
    • Lyle Bauer
    • Eric Tillman
    • Kyle Walters
    • Other

so you were just whining for change for change sake and are part of what is wrong with the discussion around these parts lately.

Who were you talking about? If it was me I'm not whining. As I said I don't think we need the change yet. Maybe at seasons end but not now. I'm just curious to find out who else is out there if we do need to make change. I forgot to name Higgins as I had heard his name thrown around as well. Not sure I'd be sold on him either.

Back 3 years ago, I was wanting the Bombers to find a way to keep John Murphy even after Kelly left. They didn't, of course, and went with Mack.

At this point, I just don't see how Mack can turn this team around, especially with Burke as HC. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

But come season's end, unless there's a drastic change, we're going to need to look at other options. I think of this survey as post-2013 season. The only 2 options in my head are John Murphy or Tom Higgins. Any other option would be either too inexperienced (too much of that around here) or too overrated.

Back 3 years ago, I was wanting the Bombers to find a way to keep John Murphy even after Kelly left. They didn't, of course, and went with Mack.

At this point, I just don't see how Mack can turn this team around, especially with Burke as HC. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

But come season's end, unless there's a drastic change, we're going to need to look at other options. I think of this survey as post-2013 season. The only 2 options in my head are John Murphy or Tom Higgins. Any other option would be either too inexperienced (too much of that around here) or too overrated.

Murphy has never been a GM so you'll get what we have now. A pro scout running the team with no GM experience at all. Higgins HAS experience & knows the CFL. And he has built winning teams in Edmonton & Calgary.

While I wouldn't be vehemently angry about making a move at GM, I am also still firmly behind Joe Mack and believe in his track record of scouting and how he deals with trades and the draft. That said, you really can't argue with that winning percentage.

The bolded part is a joke right? You like how Mack deals with trades? 

You mean by boarding himself up in his office and setting a vacation message on his phone and email?

Have to say Higgins would be the logical choice. He'd be a good fit. Just not sold on his contacts (maybe sub-contract Murphy too?)

Do you honestly a team like Winnipeg in the state it is in with an unproven QB behind a suspect OL is capable of going 6 and 7 in the remaining games?

why not? they've got like 3 games against Hamilton still and 2 against Edmonton. That's 5 very winnable games right there. 

So, winning games against weak teams makes us better? Maybe by record but not as an organization. Then we go into next year like we always do, thinking we're better than we really are & look where that gets us... Nowhere.

hey everyone else gets to count wins against the crappy teams why shouldn't the bombers? I'm just pointing out that people are seemingly giving up on this team and expecting a 3 win season or something.... there's more wins to be had than just that if you ask me. The level of negativity is just through the roof and it's kind of silly because it's still early enough that a turn around can happen. I mean what if the defense gets back to playing solidly and Goltz manages to keep moving the offense a bit and scoring some points? 

I get what you say 17, I wonder though, wouldn't a 3 win season & long overdue changes be better than an 8 win season, no one loses their jobs & its status quo again??? And next year we go through this all over again? I'd rather have the ugly face of reality stare me in the face this season then one covered up in make up to hide the wrinkles & warts. What's the expression? You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

Seeing as how this is a GM thread, I figured I'd put it here. Lawless (I know...) said on H&L the other day he's heard from other league sources that Walters & Mack strongly disagreed on our 1st pick this year. Apparently Walters wanted Edem.

That's who I would have chosen, although I wasn't against the Mulumba pick.

Edem is the type of safety that Coach Burke seems to want at that position.

Seeing as how this is a GM thread, I figured I'd put it here. Lawless (I know...) said on H&L the other day he's heard from other league sources that Walters & Mack strongly disagreed on our 1st pick this year. Apparently Walters wanted Edem.

So much for blaming the coaches for the on field product when they have no input into which players get brought in. Begs the question, is Joe Mack a control freak when it comes to the personnel? Sounds to me like bluto may have been closer to truth about the reason why things seem to never change. Big Joe's too proud to admit his picks stink.

I get what you say 17, I wonder though, wouldn't a 3 win season & long overdue changes be better than an 8 win season, no one loses their jobs & its status quo again??? And next year we go through this all over again? I'd rather have the ugly face of reality stare me in the face this season then one covered up in make up to hide the wrinkles & warts. What's the expression? You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

if we get an 8 win season with the offense progressing with a new qb though why do we need to blow **** up? 

Having had time to fully digest this question, I'm convinced that the next hire should have full control, that is GM and HC duties, much like when Dave Ritchie was brought in to clean up the mess and what the Ti-Cats have done with Austin. He would still have an AGM and PP guys as well as a full staff of experienced coordinators.

None of the guys on the current list would qualify.

Doug Berry

Scott Milanovich

Corey Chamblin

Mike Benevides

Jacques Chapdelaine

I think that would be my short list.