47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as GM?

• Joe Mack
    • Jeremy O'Day
    • Lyle Bauer
    • Eric Tillman
    • Kyle Walters
    • Other

if we get an 8 win season with the offense progressing with a new qb though why do we need to blow **** up? 

Because we aren't as good as that. If we get an 8 win season on the backs of primarily Hamilton & Edmonton & think we're on the right track then it's an illusion & voila, next year the same bloody thing with the same people running the show.

Because we aren't as good as that. If we get an 8 win season on the backs of primarily Hamilton & Edmonton & think we're on the right track then it's an illusion & voila, next year the same bloody thing with the same people running the show.

but you neglected the other part of it... if the offense is progressing and Goltz is looking like a legit qb and we wind up with 8 wins on the year why do we need to blow that up? Would that not be a sign that the team is on the right track and worth building on rather than blowing it up? I think you're too committed to the idea of blowing everything up that it's clouding your ability to look at possibilities other than the team sucking the hind *** all year. 

When we say blow it up it seems to mean just players. I want the management blown up & Crowton gone but not the core of players so much. Hey, I'd even give Burke another season to prove himself but I want Mack gone. That's blowing it up to me. If we have a good core of players to build around they'll still be here if management changes. We can still go forward with a new GM. Burke would be on the hot seat for sure, but that's okay as he should be.

but it's all the same point. I know you want Mack and Crowton gone, but I'm saying if the team shows progress with Goltz at qb why is that an indictment of those guys? Doesn't that just show that things could be on the right track? Like I said, I think you're too committed to changes to see anything else at this point. 

no that's insane and an arbitrary number. If there is enough progress shown then I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to keep people around regardless of what the record is. Noting that progress inevitably leads to wins. 10-8 would require a 9-4 finish to the season, that's unrealistic to expect at this point. 

no that's insane and an arbitrary number. If there is enough progress shown then I'd say it's perfectly reasonable to keep people around regardless of what the record is. Noting that progress inevitably leads to wins. 10-8 would require a 9-4 finish to the season, that's unrealistic to expect at this point. 

Just as unrealistic to think that after 3 plus seasons as GM we shouldn't have a winning record & think that's okay? If we can't go 9-4 well, too bad,  so sad for Mack. He's had his chance.

Just as unrealistic to think that after 3 plus seasons as GM we shouldn't have a winning record & think that's okay? If we can't go 9-4 well, too bad,  so sad for Mack. He's had his chance.

but a lot of those issues were related to a struggling qb/offense. if a new qb shows progress there then is what the GM has done that bad?  I've said it before I'll say it again, Mack isn't doing harm to the roster, he is building depth year after year, in that situation you can afford a guy more patience than if he's going full Kelly on the roster and devastating it in terms of depth. 

More names for the other category.

Duane Forde (I already know how you feel Bomber fans but he's got to be on the list for any CFL team looking for player personnel directors)

Rick Worman

Mike Reilly

Kerwin Bell

but a lot of those issues were related to a struggling qb/offense. if a new qb shows progress there then is what the GM has done that bad?  I've said it before I'll say it again, Mack isn't doing harm to the roster, he is building depth year after year, in that situation you can afford a guy more patience than if he's going full Kelly on the roster and devastating it in terms of depth. 

You & I both want the same thing. A winning team. We just disagree on how to do it. No problem, I respect your opinion. Let's hope someday soon we have a team that plays winning football.

Duane Forde (I already know how you feel Bomber fans but he's got to be on the list for any CFL team looking for player personnel directors)

Rick Worman

Mike Reilly

Kerwin Bell

You mean former head coach Mike Riley? He's in deep at Oregon State. I think he'll be there for a long time yet.

Rick Worman

Mike Reilly

Kerwin Bell

I was under the impression that Worman was connected to the Ottawa franchise. Is he actually employed by them or just consulting or something? 

I was under the impression that Worman was connected to the Ottawa franchise. Is he actually employed by them or just consulting or something? 

He was let go by Marcel Desjardins when they hired him. He did all the grunt work for Ottawa & that's how they repaid him.

You mean former head coach Mike Riley? He's in deep at Oregon State. I think he'll be there for a long time yet.

Yes that's the one. Can you tell I've been discussing QBs this morning?

Mike was a bad start to last season from losing his job. His security hinges on wins-losses and he may be ready to step upstairs into a role with a little development room.

Mike was a bad start to last season from losing his job. His security hinges on wins-losses and he may be ready to step upstairs into a role with a little development room.

Be great to have him back but he's been away for 20 years now so the league isn't the same as it was back in 1990.

If MIke Reilly is available why the **** aren't we hiring him right ******* now?

If MIke Reilly is available why the **** aren't we hiring him right ******* now?

Uh, guys, Mike Riley makes over a million dollars a year at Oregon -- and his kids get a free ride to boot.

Its not like courting Kent Austin, who was pulling in okay dough at a school that could care two sheets about football.

I'd imagine if Mike did get fired that it would take a VERY nice offer from the Bombers to get him to even answer the email. 

Start with Higgins. Maybe see if we can package Higgins with Murphy or Forde (obviously punt Walters). That would be an awesome tandem. 

I'll go with Higgins just to bring stability and sanity back. I like Murphy too but more of a risk.

I saw my first practice today in a while and all we can do is hope they don't play like they practice. Burke looks more lost than ever. Despite all the promises I've never seen so little accomplished, not even in the Doug Berry country club years. Half the team was on the sidelines almost the whole time. Motivation looks non existent.

I'll go with Higgins just to bring stability and sanity back. I like Murphy too but more of a risk.

I saw my first practice today in a while and all we can do is hope they don't play like they practice. Burke looks more lost than ever. Despite all the promises I've never seen so little accomplished, not even in the Doug Berry country club years. Half the team was on the sidelines almost the whole time. Motivation looks non existent.

Ah the days of the golf cart...