47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as GM?

• Joe Mack
    • Jeremy O'Day
    • Lyle Bauer
    • Eric Tillman
    • Kyle Walters
    • Other

I get what you are saying, but Murphy does have management experience as his title is Assistant General Manager, Player Personnel

They also have an Assistant General Manager, Football Operations so basically Murphy is a player personnel guy.

We've only had two GMs in recent Bomber history...not sure where you're getting all these "neophyte wannabees."

Ken Bishop in 97 who hired Reinbold. He ran a courier company for crissakes. Bauer had no experience in football before he ran things. Wasn't he with the Wheat Board? Then Mad Man Kelly who never was a HC in the CFL & finally Mack a career personnel guy 20 years removed from the CFL. And then there were the inexperienced head coaches with no track record. All except Ritchie. He won the GC before as a HC. Jim Daley was a failure in Sask & with us. If there was a way for this team to save a buck by hiring cheaper help, we did it. Coaches, managers & players.

You gotta spend money to make money. They went big with the stadium and the on field product is not up to snuff.

they are going to lose more money with a shitty team in an expensive stadium than they will paying out the nose for a marquee GM.

in the off season they need to go to Popp and Buano and huffnagle and say here is a cheque, write a numner down. You can do whatever you want and hire whoever you want. you will be known as the person who finally turned around a listless franchise.

and then they need to sell it to the fans and beg them to come back. because the stands are going to be pretty bare for the rest of '13

in the off season they need to go to Popp and Buano and huffnagle and say here is a cheque, write a numner down. You can do whatever you want and hire whoever you want. you will be known as the person who finally turned around a listless franchise.

very much that. lucky for us other teams in the East the Bombers won't do anything resembling that.

Why would Barker leave TO? Think about that statement you just made, Dee.

Iso, you're really going to have to bone up on statements made on this here forum.

1st of all...there is no present rumour on Barker....nor Ray.

I wasn't serious.

Perhaps one gitch size larger would free up more....blood flow. ;)

Iso, you're really going to have to bone up on statements made on this here forum.

1st of all...there is no present rumour on Barker....nor Ray.

I wasn't serious.

Perhaps one gitch size larger would free up more....blood flow. ;)

That's the problem with a 6 page thread, you miss things. My apologies. I THOUGHT you were serious. Glad you weren't.

That's the problem with a 6 page thread, you miss things. My apologies. I THOUGHT you were serious. Glad you weren't.

No apologies necessary....just send money...or anything that you're not using at this time...say, from the 80's...that I can wear...that might have a name on it.

Can you think of anything like that?

I would "Buck Pierce" Mr Mack......he has proven he can kind find talent here and there but he has also proven he cannot build a winning team. Bombers should work out a deal to get Mack to take a pay cut and re define his role. Making him a Scout or player personnel type guy or somtehting creatively similar and assitant to the GM, Who should be Neil McEvoy. His 18 years of experience in the CFL all the while learning and waching Wally would be the exact type of guy we need around here.

I like the McEvoy suggestion -- doubt Mack would be a good scout for the club after being fired. I'd rather try to poach someone like Murphy for that role to assist McEvoy

I would "Buck Pierce" Mr Mack......he has proven he can kind find talent here and there but he has also proven he cannot build a winning team. Bombers should work out a deal to get Mack to take a pay cut and re define his role. Making him a Scout or player personnel type guy or somtehting creatively similar and assitant to the GM, Who should be Neil McEvoy. His 18 years of experience in the CFL all the while learning and waching Wally would be the exact type of guy we need around here.

Evoy.