47 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as GM?

• Joe Mack
    • Jeremy O'Day
    • Lyle Bauer
    • Eric Tillman
    • Kyle Walters
    • Other

I'm not ready to throw Mack under the bus yet. He's done a great job finding talent and our Canadian talent is the best it's been in recent memory. The stains on his tenure so far are mostly the coaching in my opinion (I think the QBs he's found have been decent, but our offensive coordinators have been awful)

I put the "other" option down for the sole reasons that I have no idea who else is out there. I wanted people to discuss possible replacements. It's easy to whine and ***** for changes. It's much harder to find real solutions. I honestly don't believe Bauer, Tillman or Walters is the answer and that O'Day may be the best choice but he is still very green (no pun intended) as a manager in sask and will need to go through growing pains which the Bombers don't need right now. Mack seems to be the best short term plan until better options pop up. Unless of course someone can suggest another name...

I truly have no idea who I'd want.  Out of that list, I'd probably take Mack...

Kyle Walters is an intriguing option, though I wouldn't endorse it.  The hope would be that he could handle the Canadian stuff well, and take on the regular responsibilities of the GM, and still use some of the American connections he has hopefully picked up this year.  But a big risky hire with a paper-thin resumé is not what we need right now.

Let's face it - most of us don't have the best grasp of the CFL's middle management tier so it's hard to give names that haven't been thrown out before.  Stuff like John Murphy, Roy Shivers, etc...  I wouldn't completely hate Murphy I guess.

While I wouldn't be vehemently angry about making a move at GM, I am also still firmly behind Joe Mack and believe in his track record of scouting and how he deals with trades and the draft. That said, you really can't argue with that winning percentage.

I am mostly just curious to see how it all goes now that the team has actually divorced themselves from Pierce as the starter. Think you gotta give them a chance to see how it goes without that glaring issue that is PIerces health looming over everything.