Practice Reports

Harbaugh

Nobody has outplayed Aaron Kelly at the wideout position yet.

Some people are saying that is a failure on recruiting…what if it's success by Kelly?

Kelly gets way too much flack here (beating a dead horse), being a guy that came in midway through the season last year and looked pretty decent (in bursts, of course). I say let the chips fall where they may.  He will likely be the starting WR come the first game of the season. What I like about this management team is that they are constantly looking to get better, and that is for every position.

except he really didn't... he made like 3 really impressive looking catches and disappeared. He did about as much on a per game basis as Etienne did and you all couldn't wait to run Etienne out of town. Kelly making the team means the scouts failed to bring in anyone better and that is not a good thing. 

Not liking what he did last year should not entirely invalidate all the good things he has done this year.

what a couple catches in preseason? Not like this guy is a rookie, he's a known CFL commodity and what the CFL knows about him is that he's not anything more than a roster spot filler. 

Aaron Kelly reminds me of Chris Brazzell

I expect financial compensation for that.

Some people are saying that is a failure on recruiting…what if it's success by Kelly?

Kelly gets way too much flack here (beating a dead horse), being a guy that came in midway through the season last year and looked pretty decent (in bursts, of course). I say let the chips fall where they may.  He will likely be the starting WR come the first game of the season. What I like about this management team is that they are constantly looking to get better, and that is for every position.

except he really didn't... he made like 3 really impressive looking catches and disappeared. He did about as much on a per game basis as Etienne did and you all couldn't wait to run Etienne out of town. Kelly making the team means the scouts failed to bring in anyone better and that is not a good thing. 

Not liking what he did last year should not entirely invalidate all the good things he has done this year.

what a couple catches in preseason? Not like this guy is a rookie, he's a known CFL commodity and what the CFL knows about him is that he's not anything more than a roster spot filler. 

Well, yes.  If he's catching the ball and others are dropping it, he should get the job.  That's how it works.

Going off of reports because that's all we have to go off of, he's had a good camp.  He's played well in the games.  That is his performance, so based on his performance I have him ahead of most of the receivers he's competing with for a job.

From a human perspective I hope nothing but the best for all people everywhere.

From a Bomber perspective I don't give two duckfarts about Kelly.  I just want the best combination of players possible for this roster.  Right now, Kelly looks like a part of that combination.

JWJ any early impression on the 2 new INTL players... Bolton and Dell ?

I didn't even notice them out there.  Either they actually weren't there or they weren't getting many snaps.

Side note: It's funny how all of a sudden some of the vets are practicing now that the next game is the real deal (Sears & Banks in particular.) Precaution or laziness? I hope it's the former, because I'm a big fan of Sears and hope he isn't a victim of the old regime's locker room attitude.

Kohlert is also a similar size to Derrick Armstrong... So his physical size wouldn't be a problem there... He's good at stemming his routes and has a very impressive vertical... Good hands... I would mind seeing Kohlert at boundary WR.

I think the way he was playing last season he deserves more of a work load in the offence...

Or am I just crazy?

Kirk Penton:

3 STARS OF THE DAY

Pint-sized WR Aaron Woods was dominant on the second-last day of training camp, hauling in pass after pass from a variety of quarterbacks.

New RB Kyle Bolton, meanwhile, proved he’s not just the snazzy pair of hands Johnny Manziel used to catch his passes during his pro day; Bolton showed off dazzling speed lugging the rock out of the backfield.

Finally, QB Robert Marve displayed his precise passing skills with several pinpoint tosses into the end zone.

CATCH OF THE DAY

Bert Reed, who was being hounded by a defensive back, made a tough grab in the end zone on a Robert Marve toss.

Good news AND no further injuries.

Kirk Penton:

3 STARS OF THE DAY

Pint-sized WR Aaron Woods was dominant on the second-last day of training camp, hauling in pass after pass from a variety of quarterbacks.

New RB Kyle Bolton, meanwhile, proved he’s not just the snazzy pair of hands Johnny Manziel used to catch his passes during his pro day; Bolton showed off dazzling speed lugging the rock out of the backfield.

Finally, QB Robert Marve displayed his precise passing skills with several pinpoint tosses into the end zone.

CATCH OF THE DAY

Bert Reed, who was being hounded by a defensive back, made a tough grab in the end zone on a Robert Marve toss.

Good news AND no further injuries.

Funny because I noticed at least three times where Woods was getting worked by the DBs, granted I left with a little under an hour left.

The Bombers last successful days, Jamie Stoddard was a mainstay at 5th WR.  A sticky hands guy without much flash that just caught whatever was thrown to him as a 5th receiver.  Why not Kelly?

The Bombers last successful days, Jamie Stoddard was a mainstay at 5th WR.  A sticky hands guy without much flash that just caught whatever was thrown to him as a 5th receiver.  Why not Kelly?

Queue the Stoddard love  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You called?

Stoddard love... LOL.  There's something to having an unthreatening guy that catches whatever's thrown at him in a low volume role.  Those guys tend to be the open ones on key 2nd or 3rd down passes.

You called?

You must be so conflicted. Haha.