Good To Be Back!

I finally found the bread crumb trail you people left outside the Ourbombers forumn.  It took me a while to locate it but I was encouraged to do so when I posted "efing" on their board and I got moderated for it.

Shankman, right? He's the reason I left. Over moderated on that site. The guy is way too zealous & Colin is as usual oblivious to  it all or doesn't care.  I got 3 warnings in less than a week for saying things that would be considered tame here so I got fed up & left. I'm all for being well behaved but I don't need to be warned for saying things similar to what you said, BNBB. We now have a choice thanks to the chaps here & this website

Shankman, right? He's the reason I left. Over moderated on that site. The guy is way too zealous & Colin is as usual oblivious to  it all or doesn't care.  I got 3 warnings in less than a week for saying things that would be considered tame here so I got fed up & left. I'm all for being well behaved but I don't need to be warned for saying things similar to what you said, BNBB. We now have a choice thanks to the chaps here & this website

That was the one. Actually found the bread crumb over at Stamps Fan Club page. Thank goodness.

Well, time to air some dirty laundry here: I'm not surprised it was Shankman who drove you away. The guy is on a power trip. I like Colin. He's a friend of mine in facebook. But he just doesn't seem to have a strong grip on what his mods are doing there. He actually offered me a mod position when the split happened a couple of months ago. I just told him that I wanted to stay neutral & support both sites. Then within a week of turning down the mod position at OB, I suddenly had 3 warnings with Shankman stalking me & complaining about the things  I said. Telling me to behave.

As a longtime member over 10 years at OB, I don't need some neophyte mod who I never heard of telling me what to do. That's when I dropped OB & came here exclusively. Colin won't like me saying this but I really think all he's interested in is the technical side of a website & that's about it. Once its done he likes to move on to other things. Doesn't seem to care if people leave or stay. Just about every major poster who made OB what it was are now here. You'd think he would try to retain as many members after the split & not have them quit. I felt bad when I told Colin on facebook I couldn't support OB anymore with a mod like Shankman pushing his weight around & that the guy is driving members away but no response. I doubt if he ever talked to him telling him to chill out on the members. Anyway, that's his problem, I guess.

If Colin ever replaces Shankman as a mod I might go back but not while he's there. Meanwhile, I'm so impresssed with this site & don't even miss the other place.

... Colin won't like me saying this but I really think all he's interested in is the technical side of a website & that's about it. Once its done he likes to move on to other things. Doesn't seem to care if people leave or stay. Just about every major poster who made OB what it was are now here....

bolded part 1: for some posters here who know better, that comment will likely have made them chuckle. funny stories there.

bolded part 2: nailed it. it was always about the community... not the site. and most of the posters who defined that site's community are here (many of them exclusively).

Colin doesn't give two flying shits about the tech end of a website. Colin wants the "prestige" of having his own Bomber fansite and wants the world to think he's the greatest Bomber fan in the world. Plain and simple...

I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you...promptly

when would you do that? when you come to the Argos/Stumps game?

Rogers Centre security won't mind you killing off an Argo fan... as long as you do it quietly without standing up.

Yup, hes also the reason I make very few visits there anymore either. That guy is going to take that site into the grave. 

Yup, hes also the reason I make very few visits there anymore either. That guy is going to take that site into the grave. 

The longer he's a mod the more people he'll piss off & they'll migrate here. Which is a good thing. Grumpy Old Man was a mod there for awhile but isn't anymore. I wonder what happened?

Might I suggest a mass trolling of the other site to see if we can give Shankman a heart attack?

you could suggest it... but it won't fly.

Rich and Mike have done their level best to take the high-road. (and you just know that this level of discussion about MBB wouldn't be tolerated over there).

Nah, to mass troll would be classless & stupid. Just goes to show that the split was long overdue. People wanted a new place & this is it. Bluto no doubt remembers 13thman & just how huge that CFL site was 10 years ago & how **** mods killed it through their arrogance, being  bullies & idiocy. It had to have a couple of thousand members at its height around 2004.

It was THE place to hang out as a CFL fan on the internet in the first decade of this century. It was a great place if you liked get togethers & socializing. Especially the fans down east. Little harder out west but fans hung together at Grey Cups at Meet & Greets.

If you were an insider you were treated like gold. If you weren't then the mods targeted you. I remember being threatened by a mod over there named lerriuqs in a private message saying he was out to get me permanently banned. My crime? I posted too much in the senior mods opinion & I didn't like the Riders as lerriuqs is from Regina.

The day that most if not all Eskimo fans quit en masse in & around 2007 after a pissing war with Rider fans was the actual end of that place although it took a few more years for it to die off. It is a ghost town now. At some point, members will abandon a site after realizing that place is no fun anymore & they leave.