GDT: Winnipeg @ Calgary

Rich

So here's the thing...we get a bonus game in AB this year so we rejoice. Then we find out our friend is getting married today up east of Red Deer near the SK border. Sigh. So 17to85 and I are going to attempt to watch it on my phone during the reception, if I can get some damn WiFi in the hall. Of course, after amore than a decade of futility at McMahon, this means we'll probably win because we aren't there...

So here's the thing...we get a bonus game in AB this year so we rejoice. Then we find out our friend is getting married today up east of Red Deer near the SK border. Sigh. So 17to85 and I are going to attempt to watch it on my phone during the reception, if I can get some damn WiFi in the hall. Of course, after amore than a decade of futility at McMahon, this means we'll probably win because we aren't there...

You can skip it we will all understand! I'm sure there will be plenty of video, highlights, photos and discussion you guys can view later of the .......wedding. Enjoy going to the game ;)

PVR it - that's what I do. And remember, it doesn't count so who cares if they win. I just want them to compete like they did against Toronto. Last year in pre season we didn't compete, not even close. It was embarrassing. Even the Glieberman's were able to put together a better team. That's saying something. I'm all in this year after just one game! 

We should get some important questioned today, whether we win or lose: Is Goossen game-ready and if so, will he be a center or guard? Was Morley's performance last game a fluke or will he be the center we've lacked ever since Obby got sick? Is Hall good enough to be Willy's backup? Who will get the short straw- Brohm or Marve? Will one of the running backs step up and seize the job? Who will be cut- January, Jones or Knapp? Can we start four Canucks on the O-line? Is our linebacking good enough?

We should get some important questioned today, whether we win or lose: Is Goossen game-ready and if so, will he be a center or guard? Was Morley's performance last game a fluke or will he be the center we've lacked ever since Obby got sick? Is Hall good enough to be Willy's backup? Who will get the short straw- Brohm or Marve? Will one of the running backs step up and seize the job? Who will be cut- January, Jones or Knapp? Can we start four Canucks on the O-line? Is our linebacking good enough?

I think we already know the answer to that one.  The only scenario where we start 4 IMO is January-Greaves-Goossen-Morley-Neufeld, and that's not going to be a very good OL over 18 games, where we have some potential to get stuff done with Knapp in there at guard.

I think we already know the answer to that one.  The only scenario where we start 4 IMO is January-Greaves-Goossen-Morley-Neufeld, and that's not going to be a very good OL over 18 games, where we have some potential to get stuff done with Knapp in there at guard.

I would flip Goossen and Morely in that 4 NI scenario....  and you're too hard on Jones in your pre-season analysis - he had a poor series but really got it together after those three plays.  Anyway, I think we keep all three - Jan, Jones, Knapp - our OL depth is just too weak...  The more I look at it, the more burning a DI on the OL doesn't seem that insane.

I think some NI talent will shake out after Sunday - some teams are ridiculously deep at NI OL...  and Wylie is good enough that we can plug-n-play someone at RG.

I would flip Goossen and Morely in that 4 NI scenario....  and you're too hard on Jones in your pre-season analysis - he had a poor series but really got it together after those three plays.  Anyway, I think we keep all three - Jan, Jones, Knapp - our OL depth is just too weak...  The more I look at it, the more burning a DI on the OL doesn't seem that insane.

I think some NI talent will shake out after Sunday - some teams are ridiculously deep at NI OL...  and Wylie is good enough that we can plug-n-play someone at RG.

Goossen didn't look good at guard.  I'd be very hesitant to start him there week 1 as a rookie, at least at centre he'll see a lot less 1 on 1 scenarios off the snap.  He lost ground pretty consistently at guard, but he at least made himself into a speed bump to give his QB a shot.

Jones was getting beat off the edge in every series he played, most often by #6 the guy from Ohio State name is escaping me right now, the worst was the 4th possession after the Argos 2nd TD.  Luckily Willy was at QB, would have been a lot of sacks in those scenarios with Brohm or Hall in there.

simple: break up the wedding.

you'll be doing your friend a favour and you get to watch the game.

a win-win, tbqh.

Goossen didn't look good at guard.  I'd be very hesitant to start him there week 1 as a rookie, at least at centre he'll see a lot less 1 on 1 scenarios off the snap.  He lost ground pretty consistently at guard, but he at least made himself into a speed bump to give his QB a shot.

Jones was getting beat off the edge in every series he played, most often by #6 the guy from Ohio State name is escaping me right now, the worst was the 4th possession after the Argos 2nd TD.  Luckily Willy was at QB, would have been a lot of sacks in those scenarios with Brohm or Hall in there.

Well, if Knapp starts at RG, I'm not going to rip my hair out... but an NI RG will shake out and we sure could use that ratio flexibility.  

ONeill, Wojt and Filer are competing for OC in Hamilton...  add Rockhill, Myddleton, Reinders to the mix.... a decent talent will be cut, maybe ONeill - hopefully not...

Maybe Dan Clark in Sask, Baillargeon in Mtl...?  

Granted these guys are not as good as Knapp but them and their passport makes them better.  We'll see, some DL depth will shake out too...

Captain Radio a jinx? Well, I never. . . .