GDT: Winnipeg @ Calgary

Rich

Irving tossing up floaters for OShea tonight....

like who ?

Like remember when Irving started feeling sorry for Burke last year and stopped asking real questions...?  He may still be in that mode...

'So Mike, its roster cut down day tomorrow.  Do you think you might have to cut some guys?'

So 4 Nationals on the OL versus what a rotation of Thomas/Richardson/DB/Stephan on D?

Thomas, Sherman, Richardson, maybe whichever one of Bucknor/Alexander who isn't starting at corner as the dime.

I really can't see Stephan making the team, I mean we don't have a lot of NI's to cut, but surely we can do better from other teams cuts and guys who aren't currently on a team.

We could really use NI DL too.

Irving tossing up floaters for OShea tonight....

like who ?

Like remember when Irving started feeling sorry for Burke last year and stopped asking real questions...?  He may still be in that mode...

'So Mike, its roster cut down day tomorrow.  Do you think you might have to cut some guys?'

It's a good question, considering the number of injuries.

Not sure what you expect.  It's still freaking pre-season, you want Bob Irving to go old school 60 Minutes on O'Shea?

This is my depth chart after two pre-season games (7th Cdn is rotating Thomas and Richardson... maybe Alexander at S)

Randle-Washington-Leggett-Suber-Bucknor (Johnson, Jones, Alexander)

Wild-Kuale-Unamba (Markett, Banks, Sherman)

Moseley-Anderson-Turner-Vega (Thomas-Richardson)

January-Greaves-Morley-Goossen-Jones (Neufeld, Knapp)

Urrutia-Moore-Denmark-Watson-Kohlert (Carter, JFG, Kelly)

Willy-Marve-Brohm

Cotton-Grigsby-Volny

Pontbriand-Fitzgerald

LH-Renaud

Blake

No room for Maher

Knapp and Banks are reserve

And, yeah, we can't really afford to cut any NIs right now...

We can say Calgary had their starting lineup manhandle ours, but let's be upfront about one thing. We had non starters flat out kill drives with drops while Willy was in. Kemp with two (and a third later) and Barnes with one.

Willy looked sharp.

This is my depth chart after two pre-season games (7th Cdn is rotating Thomas and Richardson... maybe Alexander at S)

Willy-Marve-Brohm

Cotton-Grigsby-Volny

Pontbriand-Fitzgerald

LH-Renaud

Blake

No room for Maher

I think the chances of Blake long-snapping for us in game 1 are zero after tonight.  Multiple screwups by long snappers don't usually result in roster spots for them.

Also see Woods on the roster as a receiver/returner, and Unamba and Grigsby are PR at best IMO.

Plus can't see them sacrificing Goossen at guard.  He might make the game roster as the 6th or 7th OL (if we use the last Canadian spot on another OL).

Willy-Marve-Brohm

Cotton-Grigsby-Volny

Pontbriand-Fitzgerald

LH-Renaud

Blake

No room for Maher

I think the chances of Blake long-snapping for us in game 1 are zero after tonight.  Multiple screwups by long snappers don't usually result in roster spots for them.

Also see Woods on the roster as a receiver/returner, and Unamba and Grigsby are PR at best IMO.

Plus can't see them sacrificing Goossen at guard.  He might make the game roster as the 6th or 7th OL (if we use the last Canadian spot on another OL).

Yeah Goossen or Neufeld...

Not sure what options are besides Blake - haven't heard of anyone else practicing LS...  and I think I still might be short one 'National'

At qb, I see it as Willy, Brohm, Hall & Marve. I'm shocked Brohm got so much playing time last night at Hall's & Marve's expense. Marve's time was so limited in 2 games that it's hard to tell if he is capable of playing in the CFL. Hall didn't get a lot of playing time in 2 games either which is a shocker. He also didn't look comfortable out there when he did. But Brohm possibly  #2? Well...

The fact Brohm looked better than Hall with a C-team o-;line in front of him speaks volumes. Hall can take a hit and doesn't BUCK-LE as much as a guy like Pierce but that doesn't mean much. Bombers putrid o-line will eventually result in casualties to promising young QBs like Willy and Marve. Wylie sure seems to have made a difference, huh?

Willy-Marve-Brohm

Cotton-Grigsby-Volny

Pontbriand-Fitzgerald

LH-Renaud

Blake

No room for Maher

Yeah Goossen or Neufeld...

Not sure what options are besides Blake - haven't heard of anyone else practicing LS...  and I think I still might be short one 'National'

BC cut Tim Cronk.  Wild could do it for a bit while they search for someone else.

The fact Brohm looked better than Hall with a C-team o-;line in front of him speaks volumes. Hall can take a hit and doesn't BUCK-LE as much as a guy like Pierce but that doesn't mean much. Bombers putrid o-line will eventually result in casualties to promising young QBs like Willy and Marve. Wylie sure seems to have made a difference, huh?

So the fact the o-line was in a continual state of upheaval for reviewing and evaluations to be made is lost on you then? You've watched... Well listened anyway... to football long enough to know olines simply cannot be thrown together and expect to look like mid-season form.. This is weak, even by your standards...

Also, wylie (and company) will turn our line of hogs into a solid unit, able to provide time to our QB stable.. you can think otherwise but you will be wrong..

With Feoli-Gudino and Carter stepping up, I wonder if starting 3 NI receivers might now be an option? Start Kolhert, Watson & FG, with Renaud and Carter backing them up. Not ideal but might be an option on a rotating basis, considering the recent injuries to Lucas and Newman.

With Feoli-Gudino and Carter stepping up, I wonder if starting 3 NI receivers might now be an option? Start Kolhert, Watson & FG, with Renaud and Carter backing them up. Not ideal but might be an option on a rotating basis, considering the recent injuries to Lucas and Newman.

Would be an interesting lineup at least. Problem probably lies in the backups there though. Carter and Renaud still are projects.

Yeah just not enough depth to do that.

But our fifth receiver spot is iffy as it is.

If I'm picking our receivers right now, I'm going Moore, Denmark, Kohlert, Watson and ... I don't even know after that. Urrutia maybe? He had a few balls knocked out of his hands last night but I also don't really think they had him doing things that put him in a position to succeed. Jaymar Johnson? Great, but he's a slot not a wideout. Bert Reed wasn't bad either. I certainly wouldn't want Kemp or Barnes.

This is the first year that I can remember that we haven't had an import receiver really stand up and take charge in training camp... JFG is probably the closest...  I'm pretty surprised given our expanded scouting staff.