Main Camp Day 8

I'm wondering whether or not it's going to be worth heading down to watch today. The schedule says 2.5 hours but I can't see that happening the day before a game. I think it could be a boring session for us fans. I would hate to walk in and see game jerseys and a walk-through.

Pretty interested to see what the depth chart looks like for tomorrow...

why? it's pre-season game 1.

It's irrelevant, lots of those guys playing tomorrow will be gone by Wednesday at the latest. 

Well, don't bother watching the game then.

Everyone is sounding like Tim Burke this year...

Pretty interested to see what the depth chart looks like for tomorrow...

why? it's pre-season game 1.

It's irrelevant, lots of those guys playing tomorrow will be gone by Wednesday at the latest. 

Well, don't bother watching the game then.

Everyone is sounding like Tim Burke this year...

umm no, i'll be watching, i just don't think you should get all panicked and worried of a depth chart for our 1st pre-season game. YOu seem to have this idea that because these  guys are penciled in week 1 of pre-season that that's where they will be come week 1 when it matters. That's not how it works tho, it's pre season, it's training camp, it's evaluation time, it's time to see what the new guys can do, crap or get off the pot really... Just not sure why you seem to get all hot and bothered over a depth chart for the first pre-season game of the year. 

What strikes me is that we don't have enough NI's to field three starting O-linemen or two receivers. Yeah, its only a pre-season but it seems to me that we have fewer blue-chip NIs than I had hoped. On another fan website there was a consensus that our NI talent will be an ongoing concern, and might even be worse than last year (brrr). I suspect Walters will be on the phone a lot over the next week or so.

What strikes me is that we don't have enough NI's to field three starting O-linemen or two receivers. Yeah, its only a pre-season but it seems to me that we have fewer blue-chip NIs than I had hoped. On another fan website there was a consensus that our NI talent will be an ongoing concern, and might even be worse than last year (brrr). I suspect Walters will be on the phone a lot over the next week or so.

It's hard for our team with such piss poor Canadians as it is to lose a player as talented as Henoc Muamba and improve. 

It's hard for our team with such piss poor Canadians as it is to lose a player as talented as Henoc Muamba and improve. 

Have you looked at our injured list?  There are a lot of NI's on that list that would be starters.   I know you're just being you but to call it piss poor is a little extreme.

It will be worse than last year.  Really the only spot we added a non-import upgrade for 2014 is DB.  It's gonna take a few years of great drafting to really improve.  We've got basically nothing out of a lot of high picks recently, and it shows.

Why is Marve so far down on the depth chart? ;)

Because he has the least CFL experience of the four QB's.     And I believe Osh said that all 4 QB's will play and I wouldn't be surprised if he gives them each a quarter.   

NIs going to be a few years to build, hopefully we keep our picks, choose wisely and let our talent develop. Lots of ifs:

Watson/Kolhert is a good NI receiving duo, if one or two of the youngsters develop, we're pretty decent.

Lots of DBs

OL: Really need Goossen and Neufeld to pan out.

I went to practice today and it was pretty boring. I did notice that Korey Banks is playing some special teams. I didn't know he played ST's and thought that was cool. Drew Willy got a haircut. Johnny Sears was chatting up Kim Babij for quite a while.

This is the best camp update in the history of updates...!

Bombers are really impressed with Goossen but they're going to give him a bit of time to develop and get comfortable.

That makes sense but does that mean he's the 6th OL to start the season or at starting rg?

That's a good question. I've only seen him take reps at centre so far so ya, he could be the 6th OL or my guess is they say he has a made up injury to give him some extra time to develop. The 2 preseason games will mean a lot for Goossen to determine whether he's ready now.