The TV Thread

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This punishes Roseanne but also punishes everyone who gets residuals 

It just got even MORE WORSE, she's practically getting the same punishment as Cosby (which is so ironic because she was the one who took Cos down in the ratings)

http://tvline.com/2018/05/29/roseanne-cancelled-reruns-pulled-tv-land-paramount-network-cmt/

also I don't think it's fair that the cast and crew are also suffering...oh yeah and the girl that played Harris? she was literally on the phone with her agent begging her to get her off the show just as they were sharpening the axe. But some of the cast should be fine, Sara Gilbert still has The Talk, Laurie Metcalf is doing stuff on stage (I think she's up for another Tony) and as far as I know John Goodman is still doing movies

Edited by iHeart

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You know what, I hope the other cast and crew get something new with ABC.  They should get the leads (Gilbert, Goodman and Metcalf) together to develop a new series and keep everyone working.

Im amazed at the speed of this. 

At least Roseanne now has a new role as alt right victim of leftist liberal conspiracy.

EDIT: I wonder if a series spun off from Roseanne about Darlene would work.  Have her get a place with Aunt Jackie and her sister.  Dad can visit from time to time. 

Part of me wants to see Roseann's husband writing out a story where she died.

Bryan Fuller sucks. 

They should absolutely keep the cast and go on without Roseanne 

Roseanne could be killed off by a crazy trump supporter and they could continue the show without her. I feel Roseanne is cringe and hard to watch anyways.. I mean Roseanne Barr the actual person

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You can't keep the show without Roseanne...  I say move on.   

Make a documentary titled "The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Roseanne"....   what a moron blowing her chance of being on top again. 

Why? U think people tune in to see her? I dunno. IMO she was the worst part of the show. 

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Roseanne could be killed off by a crazy trump supporter and they could continue the show without her. I feel Roseanne is cringe and hard to watch anyways.. I mean Roseanne Barr the actual person

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

You can't keep the show without Roseanne...  I say move on.   

Make a documentary titled "The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Roseanne"....   what a moron blowing her chance of being on top again. 

I think they'd have to create a new show.  It couldn't be a "Roseanne's Family" scenario.  But spin off Darlene.  I think that could work.  And then most of the cast and crew get to keep their jobs

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well Roseanne changed her mind about leaving Twitter. What a disaster her last few hours have been. She’s nuts. 

yeah she's really making things worse for herself

I thought Ambien was supposed to put people right to sleep, I mean to be honest these days I could use it, I've been finding myself waking up before my alarm even goes off, and even on days when I don't have to go to work. But I take other medications so very slim chance I'll add it

which reminds me wasn't she high when she did her national anthem

Edited by iHeart

If you have ever sleepwalked, or know someone who sleepwalks or even talks in their sleep, you know how bizarre that can be.  And that's basically what Ambien can do to you.

I don't believe that has any part in Roseanne's nonsense but Ambien is definitely a powerful drug with some really crazy side effects.

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

If you have ever sleepwalked, or know someone who sleepwalks or even talks in their sleep, you know how bizarre that can be.  And that's basically what Ambien can do to you.

I don't believe that has any part in Roseanne's nonsense but Ambien is definitely a powerful drug with some really crazy side effects.

yeah and I think the Simpsons showed what can happen

(episode is Crook and Ladder from season 18)

IMO sounds like Rosanne deliberately did this. Its been how long since the anthem thing almost 30 years now? and people still remember it.  If I had to guess this come back was a means to make bank ($100 mill as some of you have bandied about) and she goes out with another notorious bang that'll have people talk about her for the foreseeable future.  Not the way most would go out, but when you want out you do what u gotta do and she's doing it laughing all the way to the bank

She definitely did it on purpose but not with the intent of getting fired or being branded a racist. 

The money she’s losing is enormous. And as she even said, she cost a lot of people their jobs. 

She clearly cares about being branded a racist too. 

She needs a PR firm and she needs to listen to them.  She made a couple of seemingly sincere apologies and then completely undid them with her insane tweets.  

Some Walking Dead news...I wont spoiler it cause its all over the place.  Andrew Lincoln (Rick) and Lauren Cohen (Maggie) are both set to leave the series next season.  And Norman Reedus (Daryl) is set to get a huge raise to become the new lead.

It will definitely shake up a series that needs shaking up.  And Daryl has been under-utilized for a long time.  But...man, losing Rick would be tough.

Some Walking Dead news...I wont spoiler it cause its all over the place.  Andrew Lincoln (Rick) and Lauren Cohen (Maggie) are both set to leave the series next season.  And Norman Reedus (Daryl) is set to get a huge raise to become the new lead.

It will definitely shake up a series that needs shaking up.  And Daryl has been under-utilized for a long time.  But...man, losing Rick would be tough.

TWD needs to close up shop imho.

actually I heard that Cohen's role will be more limited next season (and for the record I didn't miss this news I just didn't feel like posting it)