The TV Thread

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yeah. I was hoping for a TNG Season 2 resurgence but this is the 2nd time showrunners have moved on.

Oh well. At least the saucer can still spin.

TNG actually had their show runner change for Season 3.  Michael Pillar.

I like Discovery but some of the writing is a bit...weak.  This might be a blessing in disguise.

I watched Lucifer the first season but the plot is so ridiculous.  As far as Supergirl  goes, I can't watch it anymore. The Lesbian characters killed the show for me.  No idea why in a sci fi action series that even had to be part of the show itself.  There are other tv series where the LGBTQ agenda could have been inserted & made sense. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I watched Lucifer the first season but the plot is so ridiculous.  As far as Supergirl  goes, I can't watch it anymore. The Lesbian characters killed the show for me.  No idea why in a sci fi action series that even had to be part of the show itself.  There are other tv series where the LGBTQ agenda could have been inserted & made sense. 

well then I'm not sure how you'll feel about this, I heard that they're going to add a trasngender character

14 hours ago, iHeart said:

Good for her for being willing to walk away (I imagine she will get a pay out).  Perhaps they've even told her to lay low, maybe get some help, and perhaps she can have a triumphant return way down the road if the show is a hit.

Lots of info to unpack here.  Variety reports the following ideas being considered by CBS:

1. A series set at Starfleet Academy from creators Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz. The duo most recently developed the CW’s reboot of “Dynasty” and previously created shows like “Gossip Girl” and Hulu and Marvel’s “Runaways.”

2. A limited series whose plot details are being kept under wraps.

3. A limited series based around the “Wrath of Khan” story. Khan’s full name is Khan Noonien Singh. He was famously portrayed by Ricardo Montalbán in both the original series episode “Space Seed” and again in the film “Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan.” Benedict Cumberbatch then played the character in the 2013 film “Star Trek Into Darkness.”

4. An animated series whose plot details are being kept under wraps.

Plus, other sources content a Patrick Stewart-centric project is under consideration where he'd reprise his role as Picard.  I sort of wonder if that is the "limited series" mentioned above.  Another source says one of the first projects would be an 8 episode limited series "spin off".  That could be a poor choice words, meaning spin off of Star Trek in general, but you could read it as a spin off of Discovery.

With that in mind, it either means the Picard series is somehow related to Discovery (recall that the original idea for Discovery was a time-jumping anthology series) or it could be an Enterprise 1701/Captain Pike series using the upcoming season 2 of Discovery as Back Door Pilot.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

On 2018-06-19 at 12:45 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Lots of info to unpack here.  Variety reports the following ideas being considered by CBS:

Plus, other sources content a Patrick Stewart-centric project is under consideration where he'd reprise his role as Picard.  I sort of wonder if that is the "limited series" mentioned above.  Another source says one of the first projects would be an 8 episode limited series "spin off".  That could be a poor choice words, meaning spin off of Star Trek in general, but you could read it as a spin off of Discovery.

With that in mind, it either means the Picard series is somehow related to Discovery (recall that the original idea for Discovery was a time-jumping anthology series) or it could be an Enterprise 1701/Captain Pike series using the upcoming season 2 of Discovery as Back Door Pilot.

Thing is Stewart is near the same stage as his character in Logan. Okay maybe not that far but definitely All Good Things future character.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎21 at 1:54 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Thing is Stewart is near the same stage as his character in Logan. Okay maybe not that far but definitely All Good Things future character.

Patrick Stewart is pushing 80.... Just what would the series be & what could he do? 

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Netflix original docu-series The Staircase.  Fantastic.

Its about a guy who is charged with murdering his wife.  Cameras were there throughout the preparation for Trial.  His defense claims she fell down the stairs.  DA claims she was bludgeoned to death.

There are some twists along the way.  I think on Episode 4 of 13.  Its really good.  Im fairly sure the case was on Dateline a few years ago as ive definitely seen it somewhere before.  But I cant remember the outcome so its fresh viewing for me.  So far, I dont believe the suspect one iota.

There was a Forensic Files episode on this case. I saw it recently before coming across The Staircase on Netflix. I started watching the series but it sort of lost its appeal now that I know what happened.