The TV Thread

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

(I don't know why they kill off stars in the first episode but then again Big Sky is still airing and they pulled that same stunt)

To get eyeballs on the pilot. The one show that makes or breaks a TV series getting picked up, so bring in a big name to make a big splash, then settle in with the series regulars. 

41 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

To get eyeballs on the pilot. The one show that makes or breaks a TV series getting picked up, so bring in a big name to make a big splash, then settle in with the series regulars. 

well to be fair Ryan Phillipe's character was going to be killed off no matter what (Big Sky is based off a book, except his death happens in the middle of it)

I watched S1 of White Lotus recently, and it was super ****** up.... not sure I'm ready for S2 just yet. Started The Crown new season on Saturday afternoon and crushed through the first half of it. Have heard bad things about it and the Rotten Tomatoes score is worse than previous seasons, but at any rate, I dig it so far. It's fun in the same way the previous seasons were. Would recommend...

Pluto tv, Tubi, name another

https://tvline.com/2022/12/14/westworld-the-nevers-move-free-streaming-services/

this is actually surprising, I actually just finished the last episode, and it's not the best in the franchise (But it's still better than the escape clause) and I was thinking that I would be fine if it didn't get renewed

https://tvline.com/2022/12/14/the-santa-clauses-renewed-season-2-disney-plus/

Edited by iHeart