The TV Thread

Tried to watch "Dahmer" but it was gruesome and there was nothing at all interesting about it as the main character has the personality of a dead slug. I don't know why they thought this story would be compelling.  As far as serial killers go, "To Catch a Killer" the series on John Wayne Gacy made in 1992 with Brian Dennehy, was a much more compelling character study.  Also would recommend the film "The Iceman" released in 2012 about the notorious mafia hitman Richard Kuklinski as a good watch.

Edited by Fatty Liver

anybody watched/watching "Welcome To Wrexham" on Disney+??  A buddy just tipped me off about it, and I'm about 8 or 9 eps deep so far. Essentially, Ryan Reynolds and Rob McLhenny (It's Always Sunny...) bought a very-low-tier soccer team in Wales, which had been shitty, and are trying to turn them (and the community in which they reside) around. It's a documentary, but it's really funny in that "Ryan Reynolds-y" way with a ton of heart.  My buddy described it as a real life Lasso, but it's not really that....though it has all the heart and unrelenting positivity of Lasso. 

Anyhow, recommendation from me on that one, fwiw...

So right now I am finally checking out The Surreal Life revival and I feel like it's missing something like it's missing some of the charm the OG series has (no tabloid for one thing) and they're not filming in the same house now (which is a shame because I liked the Glen Campbell estate)

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Check out “Spitting Image”. They were pretty scathing about the Royals in their day, and almost nothing (not even teeth) was spared their satirical attacks. 

I really, really miss that show. Made Monty Python seem completely normal. British do acidic satire better than anyone,

well as much as I would like to see this get a revival how would this work? and oh btw the series ended with Lois being pregnant (again)

I can imagine that they could have driven each other crazy during the COVID shutdowns

https://people.com/tv/frankie-muniz-teases-malcolm-in-the-middle-revival-written-by-costar-bryan-cranston/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=635c3361af9f390001d58c60&fbclid=IwAR3WQFaxP-rIEklW8ZmgHItYJkZlLKa1ZmaTS9kkjgQgW20Z9cJyVlQ5Jyc