The TV Thread

Whoopi Goldberg Doubles Down on Holocaust Comments

After being suspended from The View for two weeks in February for her comment that the Holocaust was “not about race,” Whoopi Goldberg is doubling down on her argument in a new interview with The Times of London, saying that the Holocaust “wasn't originally” about race. “Remember who they were killing first,” Goldberg said. “They were not killing racial; they were killing physical. They were killing people they considered to be mentally defective. And then they made this decision. It doesn’t change the fact that you could not tell a Jew on a street. You could find me. You couldn’t find them. That was the point I was making.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/whoopi-goldberg-doubling-down-on-holocaust-comments

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Yes, between the 3 films, they were nominated for 8 Oscars (won 1).  They won a bunch of other awards too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accolades_received_by_The_Hobbit_film_series

Considering the turmoil that accompanied the first half of filming and the resultant canning of the original director and the return of Peter Jackson, the trilogy turned out rather well. The purists were greatly displeased, though. For fans of Middle-Earth, I suggest you read "The Children of Hurrin"- the prequel to the lord of the rings. Rather grim but worth a read.

6 hours ago, Tracker said:

Considering the turmoil that accompanied the first half of filming and the resultant canning of the original director and the return of Peter Jackson, the trilogy turned out rather well. The purists were greatly displeased, though. For fans of Middle-Earth, I suggest you read "The Children of Hurrin"- the prequel to the lord of the rings. Rather grim but worth a read.

Literature from the deep.

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

for anyone who cares, the stars and husbands of "The Real Housewives" of New jersey, LA and Salt Lake City have been arrested and charged with fraud in bilking fan-viewers of millions of dollars. This will leave only 47 other Real Housewives shows.

sometimes I wonder if they should do background checks before casting people.....nah then we'd have too many people we've heard of (Kathy Hilton, Denise Richards, the Richards twins.....yeah they've done Disney films back in the 70s or something like that)